Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

James Maddison

51 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The best thing is though... he’s right. They’re in such a mess throughout the club, from the playing staff up to Woodward. And it’s all their own making - Fergie gave them 5 years notice that he wanted to retire, and they failed to plan so badly it’s almost as if this mess was his plan all along. 

We only finished 14 points behind them - we should be aiming to capitalise on their squalor and finish above them next season. 

It may be true. But you really would struggle to find a man u fan that would even accept it let alone agree. 

38 minutes ago, sylofox said:

It may be true. But you really would struggle to find a man u fan that would even accept it let alone agree. 

Funnily enough I was chatting to my sister’s neighbour the other day who’s not very optimistic about the future. He reckons we'll be finishing above them for the foreseeable. 

13 hours ago, dooflip said:

Am I the only person who sees a very selfish, egotistical young lad who thinks he’s David beckham?

Dont get me wrong he’s a good player. But his attitude stinks to me. Goes missing and doesn’t put a shift in enough.

ill never forget when he shot against Man City when albrighton was in space, and that’s the just the most recent example - there have been others.

i just question his attitude and wether he’s a team player. And for that reason I’d accept a silly bid all day long.

probably going to get shot down here for having an unpopular opinion. And I accept not many will agree, it’s just how I feel.

He's young with a bit of swagger about him and confident in his own ability (which he has plenty of) people are to quick to shoot players down because of there personality plus he's only 21.

I bet you would prefer Matty James playing right.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He's young with a bit of swagger about him and confident in his own ability (which he has plenty of) people are to quick to shoot players down because of there personality plus he's only 21.

I bet you would prefer Matty James playing right.

No, his lack of pace wouldn't suit that position.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Funnily enough I was chatting to my sister’s neighbour the other day who’s not very optimistic about the future. He reckons we'll be finishing above them for the foreseeable. 

One you know being honest maybe. Any stranger would laugh at you. 

11 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

And now Liverpool want him, for F**** sake we no way gonna keep him  when all top 6 clubs want him bar Chelsea! 

Top 6 bar Chelsea RUMOURED to be interested.

Still doesn't mean he will want to leave and definitely doesn't mean we will let him.

Put the razor blade down or stop looking at the the transfer rumours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

We now just need Danny Murphy to say: “... he needs to be at a top six club”

.... and the world, as we know it, will end! 

Danny Murphy isn't a fan, feels he goes down too easily and makes the most of contact.

If the fee being talked about is 60m then we as a club don't need 60m that badly anymore, we are no longer one of those small clubs that needs to sell to survive, we're in a very healthy position. In fact when you look at some of these supposed top teams like Spurs and Arsenal, you could argue that we are in a better position than they are.. Both of them need a new defence to replace either ageing or deficient players,  both have star players in Abamauyang and Erikson that are wanting to leave and seemingly Arsenal and their ageing players haven't got a pot to piss in. 

There would be no financial sense in selling him as one, as a player, he's integral to what we're trying to do at the moment and secondly, think what he'll be worth in a year's time! A quick word to his agent to say try what you will, speak to who you want,  but he's on a four year contract and he ain't going anywhere and it's end of story.  

The club now are in a position where they only have to sell if they deem it advantageous and at an extortionate price. Kante had a contract clause. Drinkwater it was advantageous to sell for a great fee at that time. Marhez eventually went for a reasonable fee but I think more hard ball will be played with our players in the future. But, for the players at this time they are at an exciting forward thinking club with guaranteed football and exposure. All players rightly have ambitions but it is possible to achieved both what's best for the player and the club and I think compared to others, we're trying our best to get the balance right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Apparently Norwich have a 15% sell on clause, what the fcuk are we doing? We chuff up £22m for a Championship player after 1 decent season and let them have a sell on clause. Madness.

They wanted 25m. i guess we didn't think he would be sold on for more than 40 mill so the sell on clause was worth more than the 3m.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Apparently Norwich have a 15% sell on clause, what the fcuk are we doing? We chuff up £22m for a Championship player after 1 decent season and let them have a sell on clause. Madness.

If we never sell him that will never be a problem. :ph34r:

Just like Fleetwood fans have given up on ever getting their cut off Vardy.

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Same as Hull then but, like Kantes clause, if the choice is take the deal or lose the player a choice has to be made. For the sake of those potentially 3 deal breaker clauses, would you have not bowed down and not had Kante, Maguire or Maddison? Difficult decision but all three were bought at a very reasonable price and all three would and have made a vast profit. Sell on clauses are a common and whilst I'm sure we won't,  if we sold a young player like Maddison for 60m you can bet your life we'd add one also. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

No way should we sell to a club who we will be in direct competition with next season. Yes they are arguably one of, if not THE biggest club in the world, but they are in a mess and apparently trying to rebuild in the same way as Fergie. So next season will likely be difficult for them. 

Think Madders would be foolish to go anywhere next season. He should stay, play and grow. No way he misses any boats. They’ll all still be there waiting for him with even bigger contracts. 

2 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

And now Liverpool want him, for F**** sake we no way gonna keep him  when all top 6 clubs want him bar Chelsea! 

According to the press.

I dont think all these clubs want him but there is a chance one of them does, as to why we get picked on by the press I dont know.

• Like 2