Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

25 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We should forget Dunk and get Duffy. Brighton best player last season.

He's 6ft 5 and the best headed of a ball in the premiership. He's a beast in the box both ends.

A seriously underrated player.

Actually Harry is the best header of the ball in the premiership.  His aerial duel success rate is the best in the league at 78%.  Shane Duffy 3rd (72%).

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Actually Harry is the best header of the ball in the premiership.  His aerial duel success rate is the best in the league at 78%.  Shane Duffy 3rd (72%).

Not technically true, 

he may win the most duels.

but Duffy has to be considered the best headerer of the ball with the below stat.

1 Duffy 170 headed clearances 

5 Dunk 118

23 Maguire 70

19 (Chilwell 81)

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Not technically true, 

he may win the most duels.

but Duffy has to be considered the best headerer of the ball with the below stat.

1 Duffy 170 headed clearances 

23 Maguire 70

19 (Chilwell 81)

Thank you Hank, 

I was just going to answer similarly to you.

Duffy also had the highest goal line clearances and the highest Goal scorer by a defender in the Premiership last season.

He'd be a beast in the box alongside Evens and we'd be rock solid at the back.I

And we could get him for 25 million.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Can Duffy play with the ball or another Morgan?

Yes he can, while he may not be as comfortable as Maguire on the Ball  he's not afraid to step out of defense and add to midfield making himself available to receive the Ball.

But he also has Morgan's do or die I won't be beaten attitude.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

A few years back Gibson, Maguire and Dunk were all vying for that England shirt. Interesting to see what happened with Gibson having played 1 game for Burnley. 

Given the right platform all 3 could have become big names as Maguire has.

Gibson’s stock has plummeted ata club where I thought he would do well . Strange one . This time last year Mawson, Tarkowski and others were all in the ascendancy but have fallen away whilst Harry has maintained and advanced his performances . I also remember us trying to buy Chris Mepham from Brentford as a replacement if HM left ( currently stinking the place up at Bournemouth)

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Gibson’s stock has plummeted ata club where I thought he would do well . Strange one . This time last year Mawson, Tarkowski and others were all in the ascendancy but have fallen away whilst Harry has maintained and advanced his performances . I also remember us trying to buy Chris Mepham from Brentford as a replacement if HM left ( currently stinking the place up at Bournemouth)

What's the story with Mawson?  I must admit to not really following him last season though I know Fulham struggled.  The previous season with Swansea he was one of the players that inpressed me most in the league and I was very keen for us to sign him.  I actually thought he looked as good as Maguire.  Do folk know whether he is still worth a gamble?  Is his potential still there or did he just have a wonder season?

X

Edited by RumbleFox

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

What's the story with Mawson?  I must admit to not really following him last season though I know Fulham struggled.  The previous season with Swansea he was one of the players that inpressed me most in the league and I was very keen for us to sign him.  I actually thought he looked as good as Maguire.  Do folk know whether he is still worth a gamble?  Is his potential still there or did he just have a wonder season?

X

Bad season with injuries

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Still worth a go you think?  I thought he looked an incredible prospect the season before last.

Possibly, although with Benkovic already suspect to repeat injuries and Evans and Morgan also having a couple of injuries per season, it might be too much of a risk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly, although with Benkovic already suspect to repeat injuries and Evans and Morgan also having a couple of injuries per season, it might be too much of a risk

Yeah, depends if it is a patten with him or a bad season?  He seems to have played pretty solidly for the previous 5 years?  Anyhoo, he might not be all that good just a personal "I'd like us to sign him" of mine when at Swansea.

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah, depends if it is a patten with him or a bad season?  He seems to have played pretty solidly for the previous 5 years?  Anyhoo, he might not be all that good just a personal "I'd like us to sign him" of mine when at Swansea.

The fact he managed to score past us twice was a "he'd be good to sign" moment for me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

With Rafa about to jump ship at Newcastle I think we could bid for Lascelles Mike Cashley would accept a bid I reckon.

Think his brother plays for the Leicester riders as well, so there is a family link down here. 

37 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

That’s a shout.

Definitely, he is from the region, and potential wise, we are going places, I know Newcastle have a massive support but until their takeover happens, the uncertainty is always there, and we could prise him away. He is a decent premier league defender, and he should be reaching his peak in the near future, and maybe an England Call up if he does well here.

Can't help but think we'd have to stump up a massive fee for whomever we went for if we sold Maguire for £80m or whatever the fee turned out to be. Premier League clubs don't need to sell and they'll know we've got £xm burning a hole in our pockets.

Think we may end up going abroad for a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Can't help but think we'd have to stump up a massive fee for whomever we went for if we sold Maguire for £80m or whatever the fee turned out to be. Premier League clubs don't need to sell and they'll know we've got £xm burning a hole in our pockets.

I doubt we would we already have 2 unproven defenders from abroad, we need a replacement who has played at this level.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I doubt we would we already have 2 unproven defenders from abroad, we need a replacement who has played at this level.

I'd prefer to see that, but just look at Palace and West Ham's treatment of United when bidding for players that they don't want to or need to sell. There's not a chance that we'll get £80m for Maguire and then expect to pay anything short of say £50m for a Lascelles or Dunk.  

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

I'd prefer to see that, but just look at Palace and West Ham's treatment of United when bidding for players that they don't want to or need to sell. There's not a chance that we'll get £80m for Maguire and then expect to pay anything short of say £50m for a Lascelles or Dunk.  

With Newcastle's uncertainty i think we could, any bid of 25m-30m they would accept I reckon, with Brighton, they will probably let Dunk go for 30m their owners are pretty happy to let players go at those prices, the likes of West Ham and Palace can play their trumps like us, and demand more money.

21 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Agreed, hence why we did our planning and recruiting for this eventuality last summer. It's also why we shouldn't be waiting until Maguire goes to sign Tielemans and other players as it's hard enough as it is as a PL club to not be held to ransom, we will now be asked for even more money for players with almost half of the transfer window gone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

We should forget Dunk and get Duffy. Brighton best player last season.

He's 6ft 5 and the best headed of a ball in the premiership. He's a beast in the box both ends.

A seriously underrated player.

I’ve just said the same thing in the Maguire chat I would rather have Duffy all day long.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Seems like Duffy or Dunk would be good replacements for Maguire. I remember when we signed Maguire he was regarded as a relegated loser but what a signing he's been.

I recommended we sign Maguire when he was with Sheffield. We waited until he was with Hull.

Similarly we nearly signed Duffy when he was with Blackburn. Then he went to Brighton.

How we have a chance again we should get him to replace Maguire. 

He's not quite the finished article yet, but I'm certain BR  can polish him off and the Fans would love him because of his commitment. Something that's lacking in so many players.

• Like 1