Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

On 04/07/2019 at 00:11, HankMarvin said:

DUNK-Y SEE, DUNK-Y DO 

Leicester told to fork out £40m for Brighton star Lewis Dunk as Foxes ponder Harry Maguire replacement

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9432014/lewis-dunk-leicester-city-transfer-news-brighton-40m-harry-maguire-tarkowski/

Has Harry left then?

• Like 1

I hope to **** we don't waste £40m on this guy 

I am of the opinion we can find a decent £20m option abroad. Doesn't have to be top notch talent. Just another body. We have 4 CBs as it is. 3 minus Morgan.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

No matter who we buy as a replacement for Maguire, we will get ripped off. Clubs know how much we got for Maguire so it'd be stupid of them not to squeeze every penny out of us. 

Pretty much my thoughts. 

45 minutes ago, Koke said:

I hope to **** we don't waste £40m on this guy 

I am of the opinion we can find a decent £20m option abroad. Doesn't have to be top notch talent. Just another body. We have 4 CBs as it is. 3 minus Morgan.

I'm hoping we're just using the Dunk link and fee as a message to Man Utd saying pay us what we want for Maguire because this is what we need to spend to replace him.

If we do spend big on another CB then that's terrible on all sorts of levels as it also says Soyuncu and Benkovic aren't good enough after we spent £30m on them last summer. 

Dunk is 28 in November and is only good enough to be on the periphery of the England squad, I'd be mortified if we spent the reported £45m on him. I think it's just bullshit though. 

• Like 1

Transfer fees are nonsense these days we all know that.

However, I think if we land him, we will find that Dunk is actually a better defender than Maguire.

I don't buy in to all this playing from the back rubbish, first and foremost your centre back needs to know how to defend properly, and then once they get the ball just give it to one of our talented midfielders and trust then to use it properly.

Dunk and money in the bank (or pretty much paying for Tielemans) I am okay with this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Transfer fees are nonsense these days we all know that.

However, I think if we land him, we will find that Dunk is actually a better defender than Maguire.

I don't buy in to all this playing from the back rubbish, first and foremost your centre back needs to know how to defend properly, and then once they get the ball just give it to one of our talented midfielders and trust then to use it properly.

Dunk and money in the bank (or pretty much paying for Tielemans) I am okay with this.

I agree, as long as they can pass to their full backs or into midfield and are good defenders we don’t really need to replace someone who travels with the ball like Maguire! 

Supposing this is legitimate, I only hope that we get the very best deal. From what I've seen, he has crazy passing range, especially for a CB. When I heard we'd been linked, I remembered this:

Edited by Keiriel

Easy for the first reaction to be critical.  However if Dunk is the man that we want to replace Maguire, i’d much rather we pay £40m, get it done and get him in and settled than pissing about and wasting time (which we’ve all been hugely critical of the club in the past for doing).

Edited by Realist Guy In The Room
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keiriel said:

Supposing this is legitimate, I only hope that we get the very best deal. From what I've seen, he has crazy passing range, especially for a CB. When I heard we'd been linked, I thought of this:

Vardy will love running in behind on to balls like that. I’m not to fussed about Maguire leaving he’s a good lad, great at bringing the ball out from the back but defensively he’s not great and prone to errors especially away from home it seems!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I agree, as long as they can pass to their full backs or into midfield and are good defenders we don’t really need to replace someone who travels with the ball like Maguire! 

Agreed. Although a good passers of the ball,  short and long, his coming out of defence with the ball in most cases was over rated for me as he was slow and cumbersome. 

£40m for Dunk is a better deal than £80m for Maguire imo. Our method this window seems to be identifying targets early and stumping up whatever it takes to bring them in, rather than haggling or shopping about for a better deal elsewhere. If he's the one Brendan and the gang want in, then pay the money.