Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

It would seem what you call 'analysis' I call 'remembering things'.

As for me posting my own analysis.... I don't have one, since I don't have any in-depth knowledge about Dunk. Which is why I haven't posted a comment about the player's abilitiies. Whereas you seem happy to claim we would be a laughing stock if we signed him based on, well, nothing.

Whatever. It is very hot here so better things to do than debate this.

5 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

Its alot of money for a player who plays in a team who fights of relegation each year and their defence gets battered, so he might have the grit to be a good replacement if Maguire goes but not for 40 million

They conceded 60 goals...  Exactly the same as us in 17/18 with Maguire in the team. Hull conceded loads with Robertson and Maguire in the team. It's not all about one player. 

• Like 1

I'd wager the same people moaning with be happy to spend £30m on Ake... who played in a team that conceded the third highest amount in the league. I swear people have an issue with English players. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Has Dunk signed yet?  This would be a monumental signing and a real statement to the rest of EPL.  The statement being LCFC have lost the plot.

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Be good to get a bit more of the thinking behind this comment. I say this on the basis that your strong opinions about Dunk must surely be based on a decent amount of time spent watching and analysing his abilities.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

My strong opinion is we do not need him. Analysis? Our recruitment Team decided to spend best part of 30M  on 2 CB's last summer . Why?   Insurance against HM being sold.  If you think Dunk is worth buying, that is your opinion and you are free to make it on this forum.  Next time we are linked with someone I do hope you share with us your in depth analysis of the said player(s).

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

It would seem what you call 'analysis' I call 'remembering things'.

As for me posting my own analysis.... I don't have one, since I don't have any in-depth knowledge about Dunk. Which is why I haven't posted a comment about the player's abilitiies. Whereas you seem happy to claim we would be a laughing stock if we signed him based on, well, nothing.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Dunk is a good player but I'll lose even more faith in the set up behind the scenes of we sign him, it's unnecessary.

It definitely points to poor purchases in Benkovic and Soyuncu last summer. 

We went with 4 CBs last season with Benkovic out on loan. We'll need the same again so ideally Benkovic comes in from his loan to compete. 

Signing Dunk suggests they're not good enough 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We went with 4 CBs last season with Benkovic out on loan. We'll need the same again so ideally Benkovic comes in from his loan to compete. 

But as it's all paper talk then it doesn't point to poor purchases at all and doesn't suggest anything at all.

Edited by hackneyfox

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Calgar is a ‘not sure’ and benko’s Fitness isn’t trusted 

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

But as it's all paper talk then it doesn't point to poor purchases at all and doesn't suggest anything at all.

Stop talking sense. Us Drama Queens need grist for the mill. This place is dead.:doh:

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

I get this is subjective but I watch tons of the EPL and it's only my opinion but after a season of watching Benkovic he's every bit as good as Dunk and will go on to be much better.  This would be a mental signing imo, even if Maguire goes.

We spent £12m on Benkovic and £20m on Soyuncu last summer, they'll be 22 and 23 this summer so they're hardly too young. If we don't trust one of those two to make the spot their own then what a waste of money and they're ruining their careers by staying here.

Stick the best out of the two of them alongside Evans and if we're really lucky both of them get in ahead of Evans by the end of the season.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

From Leicestershirelive 29th November, 2018

Brendan Rogers reckons Benkovic is ready for the English Premier League

Edited by mozartfox

11 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I get this is subjective but I watch tons of the EPL and it's only my opinion but after a season of watching Benkovic he's every bit as good as Dunk and will go on to be much better.  This would be a mental signing imo, even if Maguire goes.

Yes, I've mentioned before that I'd love to see him play for us as he looks frightnening. At the same time...

Wes played in 22 Prem games last year. He's 36 in January. Maguire goes, we're a 'soon to be 32 year old' Evans injury away from not looking quite so clever.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I don't want to sound too dramatic, but if we sign Dunk for big £££ then we're nowhere near as smart as I hoped we were as a club re recruitment and consequently we will likely never break the top 6 

I can't believe Rodgers would consent to this unless we have more money to spend than we think we do. We're not going anywhere without more goals.

Maybe he thinks Benkovic and Soyuncu are not adequate cover. Maybe I shifted to an alternate universe and Brendan has turned into Tony Pulis overnite.........I don't know.

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Dunk is a good player but I'll lose even more faith in the set up behind the scenes of we sign him, it's unnecessary.

It’s only unnecessary if those in charge rate what we have. Morgan can’t be relied upon now. Evans is a starter, Benkovic and Soyuncu we have absolutely no idea if they can cut the mustard. And Benkovic is also injury prone.

Do people really fancy going into the season with Evans and one of Soyuncu and Benkovic as starters in year everyone keeps banging on about potentially being a prime year to crack the top 6.

Personally I think that would be borderline football suicide.

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What’s wrong with behind the scenes currently? This the strongest position Leicester city have ever been on and off the pitch, a position created by quality structuring off the pitch.

• Like 1