Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

7 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Why can't we just trust in benkovic and soyuncu?

:appl:This. Hopefully this is just grade A Bull Droppings. This would be a bigger waste of money than Slimani.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This this and this. If we do sell Maguire (rather him stay after all this if we're going to blow half on another CB) and don't start the season with Benkovic and Soyuncu vying for Maguire's place then we can suck a dick as far as I'm concerned. Why stockpile CB's last summer otherwise? Not to mention we have Josh Knight who given time will be a PL player. 

We can hark on about this vision we think our club has but some of the decision making is erratic to say the least.

Got to be paper bollocks surely? ?

If not bollocks, we need a Poll up - urgently on should our recruitment team be committed or not?

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Why can't we just trust in benkovic and soyuncu?

If we do sign a replacement I think it’s clear that the club don’t trust them yet, which would be a shame.

If we are to buy a replacement though Jonathan Tah has a release clause of £25m & imo is twice the player of Dunk. Also a full Germany International.

• Like 4

I'm not sure if this is how things work but..........

..........we might have put the Dunk for £40m rumour out there ourselves just to get more money for Maguire? The theory being it's a message to Maguire suitors that if we have to pay £40m for Dunk don't be thinking you can come here with a paltry £50-£60m offer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm not sure if this is how things work but..........

..........we might have put the Dunk for £40m rumour out there ourselves just to get more money for Maguire? The theory being it's a message to Maguire suitors that if we have to pay £40m for Dunk don't be thinking you can come here with a paltry £50-£60m offer.

I had this thought too, but then again I believe in flying saucers too :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Lazy paper talk seems worse than ever this summer.

Beat me to it - I don’t mind overblown made up nonsense for wildly improbable but aspirational signings - all I’m getting is that we are trying to build a side to enter a relegation battle 

• Like 2

If Maguire was sold and made this story believable, then....

Dunk is worth 40 Million.

He'd be the perfect player for us.

It would be interesting to see if Brighton took our example and sold one of their best players.

It shows ambition to me, not poor reflection upon the recruitment of Benkovic and Soyuncu. 

Benkovic would likely loan to Celtic again and Soyuncu would remain firmly in the squad rotation. 

Benkovic would then return to us for European football. :mellow:

14 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Signing him would make Benkovic and Soyuncu signings pointless. We would only need Dunk if we let Evans and Maguire go.

We spent £30m on two young CB's a year a go who are both in their national team squads of two good footballing nations in Croatia and Turkey. If we sold Maguire then that's a message to these two that we feel neither are good enough and they're wasting their careers here if we feel we need to spend big money on a replacement. Soyuncu is 23 and Benkovic will be 22 before at the start of the season, now would be the time for one of those to step up and the other to be putting pressure on Evans. 

• Like 3