Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Dunk??!!

50 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

DUNK-Y SEE, DUNK-Y DO 

Leicester told to fork out £40m for Brighton star Lewis Dunk as Foxes ponder Harry Maguire replacement

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9432014/lewis-dunk-leicester-city-transfer-news-brighton-40m-harry-maguire-tarkowski/

Faaaaaaaaaake neeeeeeeeeeeeews

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

40 million is, coincidentally, almost exactly what we paid for Benko and Caglar last summer.  So let's keep our money and let them do a fecking job.

:appl:This

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

They're just doing what we are doing with Maguire

Pay way over the odds or no deal, we can't have it both ways. 

I'd rather us not sign dunk and put faith in our 2 CBs we bought last year

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

You have over 500 posts mate ...... I’m not having that you can write that second line on FT without smirking ...... 

Newton’s third law does not apply here ...... come on fella ! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I'd rather us not sign dunk and put faith in our 2 CBs we bought last year

I agree 100% there's no value in this deal. 

But for me, there'd be no value in Maguire at £90m, just don't tell OGS. 

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

40 million is, coincidentally, almost exactly what we paid for Benko and Caglar last summer.  So let's keep our money and let them do a fecking job.

Combined fee was £30m.......not quite almost exactly.....

Benkovic seems to be injury prone. And I’m starting to get the feeling that the club just so not rate Caglar. Dunk would be a fine acquisition. Solid defender in the old-school tradition. I’m more excited about this than Pérez, if I’m honest. I think by Christmas Dunk would be a permanent fixture in starting 11, assuming Harry leaves. I’m not sure Pérez will be. 

• Like 1

It appears our transfer strategy is becoming more focused on domestic recruitment, but value for money right now in the PL is off its nut. I think Dunk isn't any better than what we've got waiting in the wings. I really hope we put faith in Soyuncu and Benkovic.

• Like 4

Evans has a history throughout his career of niggly injuries. Do people really want the two of them playing PL games together so soon? Idk if Dunk is the answer but I know I wouldn't be particularly comfortable going into a game early in the season with them as the pairing. 

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It appears our transfer strategy is becoming more focused on domestic recruitment, but value for money right now in the PL is off its nut. I think Dunk isn't any better than what we've got waiting in the wings. I really hope we put faith in Soyuncu and Benkovic.

Spot Ric.  40M for Dunk?  That would be worse that Junior Lewis + Slimani + Musa combined.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Spot Ric.  40M for Dunk?  That would be worse that Junior Lewis + Slimani + Musa combined.

I know it's hypocritical for us to baulk at that price when we think we have every right to demand an astronomical fee for Maguire, but it's purely because I don't think we need or want to sell. Likewise Brighton will feel this valuation ought to put clubs off so they can keep him, but if someone is daft enough to pay it then thank you very much. Football is becoming like this due to the obscene TV money in the PL, we did our safeguarding Maguire leaving last summer for modest fees.

• 2 weeks later...

DUNK LEFT DEVASTATED?

Brighton defender Lewis Dunk has his heart set on Leicester this summer and would be devastated if the move does not happen, reports the Daily Mirror.

The Foxes are understood to have identified Dunk as a replacement for Harry Maguire, who has been linked with the two Manchester clubs.

2 hours ago, rico said:

DUNK LEFT DEVASTATED?

Brighton defender Lewis Dunk has his heart set on Leicester this summer and would be devastated if the move does not happen, reports the Daily Mirror.

The Foxes are understood to have identified Dunk as a replacement for Harry Maguire, who has been linked with the two Manchester clubs.

Nothing better than a player desperate to be on the team. Would soften the blow of losing harry having someone with passion to be at the club in his place 

2 hours ago, rico said:

DUNK LEFT DEVASTATED?

It's a report from the Mirror. Best to ignore...

On 04/07/2019 at 06:40, wardyfox86 said:

Exactly and not only that, with Man Utd stalling, it lessens the time we have to negotiate us getting a replacement if we wanted one which is then even more so a sellers marke. If need be however, we have ample cover to try. In Brightons case they may not have and would need to buy a suitable replacement in a quickly receding market. Quite right they should demand top dollar. 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2019 at 08:08, Kopfkino said:

Evans has a history throughout his career of niggly injuries. Do people really want the two of them playing PL games together so soon? Idk if Dunk is the answer but I know I wouldn't be particularly comfortable going into a game early in the season with them as the pairing. 

You're forgetting Superwes!

download.jpeg.5d6b2b765b9c8d356bd5e96b8d8fff91.jpeg