Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think one of the ideas was that big crowds would come and watch the big teams academy sides.

I remember a FNF game down at Filbert St against Manchester United where 20,000 turned up to watch.

This is what they were hoping with this,I just don’t think it’s quite happened.

Anyone know the biggest attendance for an academy game in the competition.

I think I went to that, did Scholes play for Utd?

1 hour ago, SAFC1 said:

This is correct, lost of first teamers. Shocking result for us, we’re getting worse.  

The only thing big time about Sunderland is the stadium and fans.

In every other way you're a L1 club. I would have thought Sunderland would have used their status to attract players who would normally go to lower to mid table Championship clubs but you sign L1 players on L1 wages so no wonder you seem like an average L1 club. Shit owners again who talk a good game but not willing to go above and beyond.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I think one of the ideas was that big crowds would come and watch the big teams academy sides.

I remember a FNF game down at Filbert St against Manchester United where 20,000 turned up to watch.

This is what they were hoping with this,I just don’t think it’s quite happened.

Anyone know the biggest attendance for an academy game in the competition.

If the gate receipts financially help a fair few league one teams then cool but I've yet to see it. Some would turn up to a final but is that worth it for one league one team (if that...).

Just to say, my god how sh*t must it be to be a Sunderland fan right now? It's frankly embarrasing for any senior side to lose to a youth team, let alone one of the supposed caliber of the Black Cats.

As much as I disagree with them ever having cheapened the "Johnstone's Paint Trophy" (or whatever the Fuchs it's called nowadays) by letting in Academy sides, our young guns seem to be a rare case of a youth team taking this competition seriously. My Dad is still bitter about travelling up the M1 to see us bottle this competition against Rotherham back in the League 1 season when they played at the Don Valley (he still maintains it would have been the "easiest double we'd ever win"), so as tinpot as it is, silverware is silverware and I hope we go all the way for his sake. :scarf:

Edited by OntarioFox

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I didn’t think academy sides could get a home draw?

Not in the Group Stages but after that it's a free for all apparently, had a check of last years and Swansea, Newcastle & Chelsea's U21 sides ended up with home draws

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCFC1996 said:

Not in the Group Stages but after that it's a free for all apparently, had a check of last years and Swansea, Newcastle & Chelsea's U21 sides ended up with home draws

Would love to get Coventry away and have our U21s beat them!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest An Sionnach
28 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Get Eppiah on loan.

Wadya mean, if Greenwood can play for Utd. at 18 he should be ready now.