Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I’ve not watched anything for a while but he looked a bit lightweight when I last watched. I hope he’s progressed. Fairly young too.

Yeah he did look lightweight but they appear to have tried to get him more involved in the central midfield battle and that along with perhaps bulking up a bit, he seems more dominant. Hopefully he has what it takes. He was certainly highly rated at Blackburn when we managed to nab him off them.

52 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Clark got MOTM and an assist for Port Vale yesterday 

What's up with Clark then? He came through Villa's academy, was a rising star, had a great season on loan in league two with Port Vale, then chose to play for the u23s with us, then went back on loan at Port Vale? He looked decent when he's played but this looks like a bit of a sideways move?

30 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

What's up with Clark then? He came through Villa's academy, was a rising star, had a great season on loan in league two with Port Vale, then chose to play for the u23s with us, then went back on loan at Port Vale? He looked decent when he's played but this looks like a bit of a sideways move?

playing time at a competitive level;

The 'Blackshirts' are playing Newport County (at Rodney Parade) in the Leasing.com (EFL) Trophy tonight - 7.00 KO.

A win will give us a semi final - and a chance of the club's first appearance at a (New) Wembley Final.  One up on the first team ?!

6 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

The 'Blackshirts' are playing Newport County (at Rodney Parade) in the Leasing.com (EFL) Trophy tonight - 7.00 KO.

A win will give us a semi final - and a chance of the club's first appearance at a (New) Wembley Final.  One up on the first team ?!

Community Shield for the 1st team but would be a very good achievement for the youngsters

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can name up to 7 subs and we've chose to only name 5. Why not take 2 U18's for the experience? We did the same in the abandoned fixture too, more evidence of Beaglehole not giving a fcuk about the progression of the younger age groups.

Come on really, that's his job, do you think the club doesn't monitor his performance regarding developing players? 

Maybe there is a good reason for this, so hardly evidence! 

I'd have agrue that having 3 academy graduates in the starting 11 on Saturday, with 2 of the scoring for a team current sitting 3 in the PL, is evidence that the club is doing a decent job of developing players..   

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can name up to 7 subs and we've chose to only name 5. Why not take 2 U18's for the experience? We did the same in the abandoned fixture too, more evidence of Beaglehole not giving a fcuk about the progression of the younger age groups.

The under 18's played Saturday, I'd rather they actually play for U18's than sit on the bench just to make up numbers. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah seems odd that they wouldn't fill the bench. As you say, even the experience of being on the coach, being in the dressing room, soaking up the tactics and feeling a part of it would be priceless for the youngsters even if they had practically no chance of making it on the pitch. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Is this being shown on LCFC.com ? 

Unfortunately not.

The whole cup is a joke really. if they set up a streaming website I'd probably have paid a £5 to watch it. I think the final is on Sky mind.  

• Sad 1

Just now, Collymore said:

Unfortunately not.

The whole cup is a joke really. if they set up a streaming website I'd probably have paid a £5 to watch it. I think the final is on Sky mind.  

You can watch it for £10 on newports site. We are 1 down

1 minute ago, lcfcfoz said:

You can watch it for £10 on newports site. We are 1 down

That's double of what I'm willing to pay. lol

...although there might be a free stream if it's being streamed at all. I'll get looking. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 1

The semi's are on Sky

The Leasing.com Trophy Semi-Final schedule has been confirmed, with both ties set for broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Current holders Portsmouth, looking to become the first side to win back-to-back finals, will host Exeter City on Tuesday 18 February at Fratton Park.

While the winner of Newport County and Leicester City U21 will welcome Salford City in the second Semi-Final tie the following evening, on Wednesday 19th February.

Both fixtures will kick-off at 7:45pm.

The Leasing.com Trophy offers a significant opportunity for EFL Clubs to reach a showpiece final at Wembley Stadium with that aim now close to becoming a reality, with Clubs just one game away from a memorable Cup final.

Here is a reminder of the Semi-Final ties to look forward to:

pompeytv.png

leasing.com-sf.jpg

Leasing.com Trophy

1 minute ago, davieG said:

The semi's are on Sky

The Leasing.com Trophy Semi-Final schedule has been confirmed, with both ties set for broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Current holders Portsmouth, looking to become the first side to win back-to-back finals, will host Exeter City on Tuesday 18 February at Fratton Park.

While the winner of Newport County and Leicester City U21 will welcome Salford City in the second Semi-Final tie the following evening, on Wednesday 19th February.

Both fixtures will kick-off at 7:45pm.

The Leasing.com Trophy offers a significant opportunity for EFL Clubs to reach a showpiece final at Wembley Stadium with that aim now close to becoming a reality, with Clubs just one game away from a memorable Cup final.

Here is a reminder of the Semi-Final ties to look forward to:

pompeytv.png

leasing.com-sf.jpg

Leasing.com Trophy

That logo gives me no clue who we'd be playing if we got though!