Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

1 - Some utterly ridiculous reason around recovery time so I've read, like literally a couple more hours.

This is what I don’t get, surely if you’re going to move it move it back a day, no team should be kicking off twice in less than 48 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Carabao Cup vs Everton shouldn't be moved, with Sky choosing the air the Man City and Liverpool games. 

The Liverpool game that'll probably need rescheduling or feature the academy team, so obviously a great game to have on.

It's been confirmed for Wednesday 18th December. Everton play the Sunday before so it was the only choice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Further delays in announcing the Feb games as the league have moved it from the 14th Dec to the 20th.

Can't say it's a huge surprise, the UCL/UEL draws are on the 16th, so they'll want to let those games get scheduled and work the matches around Europe. Amazed they even said it'd be before the draw tbh

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Can't say it's a huge surprise, the UCL/UEL draws are on the 16th, so they'll want to let those games get scheduled and work the matches around Europe. Amazed they even said it'd be before the draw tbh

Yeah bonkers in the first place. Serie A and Bundesliga will announce their next set of fixtures after those draws 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Now that CL & EL games have been decided I'd guess we'd expect an announcement in next couple of days?

I believe they earmarked Friday 20th December.

Surely they will make sure any team playing in Europe w/c 17th February will get a full week off before, so those games will be played on Saturday 8th February/Sunday 9th February. They will have 5 games that weekend and 5 the next as part of the "winter break". Wonder if this is where they will stick the West Ham vs Liverpool game that needs rescheduling as well.

41 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I believe they earmarked Friday 20th December.

Surely they will make sure any team playing in Europe w/c 17th February will get a full week off before, so those games will be played on Saturday 8th February/Sunday 9th February. They will have 5 games that weekend and 5 the next as part of the "winter break". Wonder if this is where they will stick the West Ham vs Liverpool game that needs rescheduling as well.

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

I think I've worked that out right?!

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

I think I've worked that out right?!

Yes spot on, would make the most sense. Surely the PL want the best possible results in Europe for their teams.