Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

 

1 - Some utterly ridiculous reason around recovery time so I've read, like literally a couple more hours.

This is what I don’t get, surely if you’re going to move it move it back a day, no team should be kicking off twice in less than 48 hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

This thread is great.basically it means we are massive

Not quite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Quite

Exactly how and why? lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bert said:

Exactly how and why? lol 

They want to show us on prime time at Boxing Day man we are huge. Up there. The biggest .

 

i don’t know how anyone could say otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed that BT are showing every game live on New Year’s Day didn’t realize that was part of the packages for this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Just noticed that BT are showing every game live on New Year’s Day didn’t realize that was part of the packages for this season 

Can just see "Bring in the New Year with BT Sport" being a recurring motto over the festive season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carabao Cup vs Everton shouldn't be moved, with Sky choosing the air the Man City and Liverpool games. 

 

The Liverpool game that'll probably need rescheduling or feature the academy team, so obviously a great game to have on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Carabao Cup vs Everton shouldn't be moved, with Sky choosing the air the Man City and Liverpool games. 

 

The Liverpool game that'll probably need rescheduling or feature the academy team, so obviously a great game to have on.

It's been confirmed for Wednesday 18th December. Everton play the Sunday before so it was the only choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2019 at 13:46, SystonFox said:

They want to show us on prime time at Boxing Day man we are huge. Up there. The biggest .

 

i don’t know how anyone could say otherwise

 

This reads like a Donald Trump tweet. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Further delays in announcing the Feb games as the league have moved it from the 14th Dec to the 20th.

Can't say it's a huge surprise, the UCL/UEL draws are on the 16th, so they'll want to let those games get scheduled and work the matches around Europe. Amazed they even said it'd be before the draw tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Can't say it's a huge surprise, the UCL/UEL draws are on the 16th, so they'll want to let those games get scheduled and work the matches around Europe. Amazed they even said it'd be before the draw tbh

Yeah bonkers in the first place. Serie A and Bundesliga will announce their next set of fixtures after those draws 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that CL & EL games have been decided I'd guess we'd expect an announcement in next couple of days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Now that CL & EL games have been decided I'd guess we'd expect an announcement in next couple of days?

I believe they earmarked Friday 20th December.

 

Surely they will make sure any team playing in Europe w/c 17th February will get a full week off before, so those games will be played on Saturday 8th February/Sunday 9th February. They will have 5 games that weekend and 5 the next as part of the "winter break". Wonder if this is where they will stick the West Ham vs Liverpool game that needs rescheduling as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I believe they earmarked Friday 20th December.

 

Surely they will make sure any team playing in Europe w/c 17th February will get a full week off before, so those games will be played on Saturday 8th February/Sunday 9th February. They will have 5 games that weekend and 5 the next as part of the "winter break". Wonder if this is where they will stick the West Ham vs Liverpool game that needs rescheduling as well.

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

 

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

 

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

 

I think I've worked that out right?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man City play on the Wednesday after playing us so I think (and hope) that will either be the late or early game on the Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Wolves is on the first weekend of the two. The fact West Brom are at home the following weekend as well makes me very hopeful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm hoping Wolves is on the first weekend of the two. The fact West Brom are at home the following weekend as well makes me very hopeful.

And see my post above, it would male complete sense. But what do the PL know about sense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

 

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

 

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

 

I think I've worked that out right?!

Yes spot on, would make the most sense. Surely the PL want the best possible results in Europe for their teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's been posted but the official website says Wigan is a 17:31 KO. I would assume that's due to it being televised? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Staff said:

Not sure if it's been posted but the official website says Wigan is a 17:31 KO. I would assume that's due to it being televised? 

Nope. That's due to Tigers playing at home on same day.

 

Not on TV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Nope. That's due to Tigers playing at home on same day.

 

Not on TV.

Also down to the Third Round kick offs being split for foreign broadcasting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...