Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

1 - Some utterly ridiculous reason around recovery time so I've read, like literally a couple more hours.

This is what I don’t get, surely if you’re going to move it move it back a day, no team should be kicking off twice in less than 48 hours.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

This thread is great.basically it means we are massive

Not quite. 

20 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Quite

Exactly how and why? lol 

16 hours ago, Bert said:

Exactly how and why? lol 

They want to show us on prime time at Boxing Day man we are huge. Up there. The biggest .

i don’t know how anyone could say otherwise

Just noticed that BT are showing every game live on New Year’s Day didn’t realize that was part of the packages for this season 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Just noticed that BT are showing every game live on New Year’s Day didn’t realize that was part of the packages for this season 

Can just see "Bring in the New Year with BT Sport" being a recurring motto over the festive season 

Carabao Cup vs Everton shouldn't be moved, with Sky choosing the air the Man City and Liverpool games. 

The Liverpool game that'll probably need rescheduling or feature the academy team, so obviously a great game to have on.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Carabao Cup vs Everton shouldn't be moved, with Sky choosing the air the Man City and Liverpool games. 

The Liverpool game that'll probably need rescheduling or feature the academy team, so obviously a great game to have on.

It's been confirmed for Wednesday 18th December. Everton play the Sunday before so it was the only choice.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2019 at 13:46, SystonFox said:

They want to show us on prime time at Boxing Day man we are huge. Up there. The biggest .

i don’t know how anyone could say otherwise

This reads like a Donald Trump tweet. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Further delays in announcing the Feb games as the league have moved it from the 14th Dec to the 20th.

Can't say it's a huge surprise, the UCL/UEL draws are on the 16th, so they'll want to let those games get scheduled and work the matches around Europe. Amazed they even said it'd be before the draw tbh

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Can't say it's a huge surprise, the UCL/UEL draws are on the 16th, so they'll want to let those games get scheduled and work the matches around Europe. Amazed they even said it'd be before the draw tbh

Yeah bonkers in the first place. Serie A and Bundesliga will announce their next set of fixtures after those draws 

Now that CL & EL games have been decided I'd guess we'd expect an announcement in next couple of days?

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Now that CL & EL games have been decided I'd guess we'd expect an announcement in next couple of days?

I believe they earmarked Friday 20th December.

Surely they will make sure any team playing in Europe w/c 17th February will get a full week off before, so those games will be played on Saturday 8th February/Sunday 9th February. They will have 5 games that weekend and 5 the next as part of the "winter break". Wonder if this is where they will stick the West Ham vs Liverpool game that needs rescheduling as well.

41 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I believe they earmarked Friday 20th December.

Surely they will make sure any team playing in Europe w/c 17th February will get a full week off before, so those games will be played on Saturday 8th February/Sunday 9th February. They will have 5 games that weekend and 5 the next as part of the "winter break". Wonder if this is where they will stick the West Ham vs Liverpool game that needs rescheduling as well.

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

I think I've worked that out right?!

Man City play on the Wednesday after playing us so I think (and hope) that will either be the late or early game on the Saturday.

I'm hoping Wolves is on the first weekend of the two. The fact West Brom are at home the following weekend as well makes me very hopeful.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm hoping Wolves is on the first weekend of the two. The fact West Brom are at home the following weekend as well makes me very hopeful.

And see my post above, it would male complete sense. But what do the PL know about sense...

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

I think I've worked that out right?!

Yes spot on, would make the most sense. Surely the PL want the best possible results in Europe for their teams.

Not sure if it's been posted but the official website says Wigan is a 17:31 KO. I would assume that's due to it being televised? 

Just now, Staff said:

Not sure if it's been posted but the official website says Wigan is a 17:31 KO. I would assume that's due to it being televised? 

Nope. That's due to Tigers playing at home on same day.

Not on TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Nope. That's due to Tigers playing at home on same day.

Not on TV.

Also down to the Third Round kick offs being split for foreign broadcasting.