Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

26 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Who has a wedding during the football season? Idiots!

My sister got married back in March, and made it very clear that my attention should be directed at the wedding instead of the football. So I was a very good boy, put my phone away. Turned off and in my bag well away from the action and ready to watch Match Of The Day after I’d sobered up the next day - it was a bit like telling a devout religious person they can’t pray.... Then my aunt walked in 5 minutes before the bride and went “Psssst.... Urban.... One-nil” and gave me a massive thumbs up. 

• Haha 2

On 16/12/2019 at 18:00, StanSP said:

Hadn't thought of that. 

Liverpool playing 18th Feb and Tottenham playing 19th Feb.

Everyone in Europa League playing 20th Feb - Wolves, Man Utd, Arsenal 

Chelsea vs Man Utd is one of the games in the league that could be played on the 8th Feb instead of 15th, ensuring there's a week off for both sides.

So if teams are getting a week off before their European games, that would mean the following play on the 8th Feb:
Arsenal vs Newcastle
Villa vs Spurs
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Norwich vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

I think I've worked that out right?!

On 16/12/2019 at 21:48, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes spot on, would make the most sense. Surely the PL want the best possible results in Europe for their teams.

Turns out all teams get their week off before these games then go straight in to their European games! 

All 5 of the above fixtures playing on the 14-17th Feb. Chelsea vs Man Utd on the Monday 17th before Utd travel to Bruges for the Europa League on the Thursday lol

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Turns out all teams get their week off before these games then go straight in to their European games! 

All 5 of the above fixtures playing on the 14-17th Feb. Chelsea vs Man Utd on the Monday 17th before Utd travel to Bruges for the Europa League on the Thursday lol

I really don't get that, if they are trying to help teams. Basically means that they want teams to be well rested to make a fantastic PL game. **** helping teams out in Europe to get a nice rest.

In terms of home games, pleased with that. Expected both to be on TV so for both to remain on Saturday is a plus. 

Two Friday aways aren't great, though hopefully Norwich won't be needed this time.

We must be beating our record for live TV games in a season this year, can't remember us having this many on plus you'd expect several from March onwards to be live as well.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So next batch of games announced on 24 Jan (hopefully!) for TV in March...

I reckon our Villa & Watford games get moved.

Watford especially because of the Pearson link of course...

Lots of villa games already televised ...... may be sky overkill on the fixture ..... I think just the Watford game if any. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I expect Watford will moved with Pearson being there now.

We expected Liverpool vs Leicester to be moved as Rodgers was back at Anfield for the first time since being sacked but it didn't.

However, since both us and Watford have something to play for, it might well be. We are massive now, always on the box.

I would imagine Villa and Watford games are moved but Brighton remains.