Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Just told my mum we’re gonna have to reschedule Mother’s Day. She’s angry but understands 

Your Mixed up here + slow on the uptake!!! ....Why Don t you hire One of the boxes,whole Family present, mum having a Great party occasionally sitting down to

The Big wide TV & comfy  Sofa watching "Bargain hunt" or Eastenders ,kids watching Disney TV ,from the other TV,then the relations crazy city fans,watching game Live ,and the replays on the other Tvs. While all can dip into the fingerfood,and lap up either a buffet,or A' la cart..sit down...!!!!!

Lovely jubbely...!!!  The cheering & goals will help Keep your mam awake,and in Heaven silently watching her kids ( Maybe also grankids) Enjoying themselves...

 

just an idea...:twitch:  and Sweet day out for MUM..:kissing:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PaddyS said:

I love it when the games are moved. It frees up Saturday afternoons to do other things.

I think the ideal kick off time should be 5.30 or 7.45 on a Saturday ..

 

3pm should be a thing of the past 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Woof said:

Well it is certainly good for the finances.  The "facility fee" part of TV payments is £12.3M plus £1.1M for every TV game over 10.  Last season we had 15 games on TV and so got £17.8M.  The "big six" got in the region of £30M last season so we could well finish up there or thereabouts this season.

Ah that makes it alright then. 

We really need the money lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think the ideal kick off time should be 5.30 or 7.45 on a Saturday ..

 

3pm should be a thing of the past 

🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boots60 said:

Bert, Take your Mum out a few days before or after Mothers day. Cheaper menus, better quality grub (cos they're not catering for the masses) and no families with screaming nippers running all over the place. Win, Win.

 

Got no chance.... it’s her 60th on the same day.... :rolleyes: add to the fact that Hannah didn’t get a mother’s day last year as we were stuck in hospital! What chance have I got lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 25 years of Sky (and others) moving games, it really shouldn't surprise people that this happens so often, as annoying as it may be occasionally for some people's personal situations.

 

Saturday 3pms are dying out and they're not coming back. Just look at 3pm Saturday games as an added bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Your Mixed up here + slow on the uptake!!! ....Why Don t you hire One of the boxes,whole Family present, mum having a Great party occasionally sitting down to

The Big wide TV & comfy  Sofa watching "Bargain hunt" or Eastenders ,kids watching Disney TV ,from the other TV,then the relations crazy city fans,watching game Live ,and the replays on the other Tvs. While all can dip into the fingerfood,and lap up either a buffet,or A' la cart..sit down...!!!!!

Lovely jubbely...!!!  The cheering & goals will help Keep your mam awake,and in Heaven silently watching her kids ( Maybe also grankids) Enjoying themselves...

 

just an idea...:twitch:  and Sweet day out for MUM..:kissing:

That isn’t a bad shout at all!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

After 25 years of Sky (and others) moving games, it really shouldn't surprise people that this happens so often, as annoying as it may be occasionally for some people's personal situations.

 

Saturday 3pms are dying out and they're not coming back. Just look at 3pm Saturday games as an added bonus.

Glad it keeps you in a job:whistle:

 

I'd happily go back to 14k watching Jimmy Willis and 3pm ko.

 

Ok maybe that's extreme. But maybe it's time the rules about not showing 3pm ko. Changed.

 

After all clubs are dying anyway, Bury. And they have a massive catchment that it was meant to still encourage to go to local games and $ky has probably hindered as many clubs as its helped, Ourselves included, Bolton, Sunderland, Pompey etc could all point towards chasing the dream only for it to fail miserably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Glad it keeps you in a job:whistle:

Games being moved (various clubs, not just LCFC) can actually cost me work.

However, I accept it's part of the modern football world and don't really moan, mainly because there's naff all I can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Games being moved (various clubs, not just LCFC) can actually cost me work.

However, I accept it's part of the modern football world and don't really moan, mainly because there's naff all I can do about it.

It was tongue in cheek.

 

But the naff all i can do about it. Is everything that's wrong with modern football. Roll over and tickle our belly and state how great the product is. 

It wont last forever ask the Italians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Games being moved (various clubs, not just LCFC) can actually cost me work.

However, I accept it's part of the modern football world and don't really moan, mainly because there's naff all I can do about it.

But like global warming, eh? 

 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like games being moved for telly at short notice because that's really unfair on fans.

But this is what happens - games get moved a lot.

 

Maybe if we go back to Div 3 or even lower then we won't be on telly much - there'll be more Saturday 3pm games - and some fans might be happier. Although they'll have other things to complain about if we've slid down the leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

The biggest irony is that if we hadn’t had any moved there would be people whinging that sky are only interested in the big 6 and it’s a disgrace we are being ignored.

Probably.

 

But then those armchairs are comfortable for those folk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d imagine well within the next 10 years every premier league game will be available to watch on whatever platforms have the rights, how this affects 3pms is anyone’s guess but while we are premier league we’d better get use to Saturday 3pms reducing even further.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I’d imagine well within the next 10 years every premier league game will be available to watch on whatever platforms have the rights, how this affects 3pms is anyone’s guess but while we are premier league we’d better get use to Saturday 3pms reducing even further.

Happy with that. In fact, I might even enjoy taking in the occasional non league or lower league game (at Forest?) for a 3pm traditional fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Will the run continue?

I reckon Arsenal will be on tv. Palace and Bounemouth will stay the same. Undecided on Everton, I'll say it won't get moved. Isn't there a maximum we can be on tv per season? Or is there only a minimum amount of times a team can be shown? We've been on loads this season. Sky will surely want to get our last 3 games on tv (if possible), to have us qualify for CL live on tv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Isn't there a maximum we can be on tv per season?

Not sure but Liverpool was on the most last season with 29 out of the 38 being shown on tv 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember during 2016/17 when our away fixture at Arsenal was rescheduled at just 23 days' notice.

 

Union FS called for Leicester fans to stay in the concourse for the first 5 minutes in visual protest, it even got some attention in the press.

 

I stayed down with the group that did. There must have been about 20 in an away end of about 3,000.

Edited by leicesterseddon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final chance to have a Saturday 3pm away game this season - would be our only one since Brighton in November. I reckon Bournemouth may survive but you can't bank on it.

 

Majority will move. Expect Arsenal to probably be Sunday as it's a Europa League week. It's also FA Cup semis weekend on that weekend and you've got to say there's a decent chance one of us gets there, so actually that'll probably fall to the usual midweek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky love showing our games vs Everton at their place. Think that gets moved to Sunday. 

 

Villa vs Wolves will definitely be chosen for that weekend (4/5th). Same as Man City vs Liverpool. Reckon Sheff Utd vs Spurs as well. 

 

11/12th April

Wolves vs Arsenal 

Norwich vs Brighton 

Spurs vs Everton 

Man Utd vs Bournemouth 

Don't think our game vs Palace will be 

 

18/19th April

Arsenal vs Leicester 

Brighton vs Liverpool 

Watford vs Norwich 

Sheff Utd vs Wolves

 

25/26th

Norwich vs West Ham

Spurs vs Arsenal 

Sheff Utd vs Chelsea 

Potentially our Bournemouth away game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...