Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

here you go mate

Leicester City vs. Watford
King Power Stadium
Wednesday 4 December, 2019
Kick-off: 7:30pm
Amazon Prime Video

Aston Villa vs. Leicester City
Villa Park
Sunday 8 December, 2019
Kick-off: 2pm
Sky Sports

Manchester City vs. Leicester City
Etihad Stadium
Saturday 21 December, 2019
Kick-off: 5:30pm
Sky Sports

Leicester City vs. Liverpool
King Power Stadium
Thursday 26 December, 2019
Kick-off: 8pm
Amazon Prime Video

West Ham United vs. Leicester City
London Stadium
Saturday 28 December, 2019
Kick-off: 5:30pm

Newcastle United vs. Leicester City
St. James' Park
Wednesday 1 January, 2020
Kick-off: 3pm 
BT Sport

Burnley vs. Leicester City
Turf Moor
Sunday 19 January, 2020
Kick-off: 2pm 
Sky Sports

Leicester City vs. West Ham United
King Power Stadium
Wednesday 22 January, 2020
Kick-off: 7:30pm
BT Sport

Perfect, thanks x

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This’ll be controversial but I’m chuffed to be honest. I can’t get to matches all that often because I can rarely afford it and I’m always working (though I appreciate the ire of others); these changes make the games a bit more accessible for me to illegally stream them or go to my local who illegally stream them while giving me alcohol. 

Also, the more TV games we have the more money the club makes - £10m per game if I recall correctly. More money, more exposure is good for us. 

£10m a game?! :blink: Where an earth did you hear that?

We get paid a fixed amount from domestic and international rights. That's about £80m with sponsors. Then you have another guaranteed £12 or so regardless of how many games you play but if you play above 10 games you get paid £1.2m a game. Of course that means the big boys can end up earning a quite a bit more but not massives in the scheme of £100m. It's also why they want more of the international money

That's the thing about the TV money; it's reasonably fair. £10m a game would be ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Villa and Burnley are shit on Sunday’s, two good aways, but at least they’re not Monday 

That Villa one has irked me.

i was going up on Friday night and staying with friends for the weekend.We were going on the lash before and after and it was going to be a good day.

Now going for  a pint before and soft drinks after ,before driving back to Cambridge.

Doesn'tsound as fun does it. 

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgefox said:

i was going up on Friday night and staying with friends for the weekend.We were going on the lash before and after and it was going to be a good day.

Now going for  a pint before and soft drinks after ,before driving back to Cambridge.

why don't you walk from Cambridge then drunkenly stagger back on the Sunday evening :ph34r:?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Stay an extra night in Birmingham imqho

19 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

£10m a game?! :blink: Where an earth did you hear that?

We get paid a fixed amount from domestic and international rights. That's about £80m with sponsors. Then you have another guaranteed £12 or so regardless of how many games you play but if you play above 10 games you get paid £1.2m a game. Of course that means the big boys can end up earning a quite a bit more but not massives in the scheme of £100m. It's also why they want more of the international money

That's the thing about the TV money; it's reasonably fair. £10m a game would be ridiculous.

That’s what I said. £1.2m. 

Obvs. 

29 minutes ago, Langston said:

Stay an extra night in Birmingham imqho

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

why don't you walk from Cambridge then drunkenly stagger back on the Sunday evening :ph34r:?

Wife and myself need to work and my lad has college.

Daughter is at Uni in Nottingham and will have lectures.Apart from that 😂

Stan.Will I still have to pay the toll charge?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Drinking isn't obligatory. I sometimes wonder if it actually is mandatory to drink heavily in our culture, however. 

Have you tried watching us sober? That mid 2000s was terrible. The drink helped mask the pain.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just gonna walk from Bedford then if it's that easy!

Google says it's 18 hours. Gonna set off at 2am so I get there just in time. Take no breaks. Also means I probably won't be able to enjoy my birthday a day before as much as I'll need to be nice and fresh for the early start and long walk ahead. 

Hope I don't get run over or too cold and wet on this long and arduous journey ahead. 

Thanks for the suggestion @Donk! Hadn't really considered it before! Can't wait for the long walk back :)

See you at the game! Reckon you could get me a coffee to help warm me up? You may need to hold it for me as my fingers may be a little cold to the touch. 

Could give you a lift if it's just you as there's 3 of us. 

Man City in one of Bedfords quality establishments could be a laugh on the sunday🍺😁

BT Sport investigating ways to have Glenn Hoddle simultaneously appearing on every game, perhaps by pre-recording some stock phrases such as "Haaaary Kaaaaane", "This sides situation reminds me of Spurs at the moment....", "VAR may show him as catagorically being off but in the spirit of the game he wasn't", "This game's gone quiet, let's discuss Spurs for no reason" etc much like a FIFA / PES scenario.

Frankly a disgrace that Amazon have been allowed anywhere near any sporting event. Really hope people boycott them and they never want to get involved again.

Premier league is so rich yet they had to offer this package twice as far as I recall. Just imagine the goodwill they could have got if they had given the rights to boxing day fixtures to terrestrial TV so millions could have watched the matches without having to pay even more and without having to pay even more money to Amazon.

8pm kick offf on Boxing Day is just a disgrace.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Wife and myself need to work and my lad has college.

Daughter is at Uni in Nottingham and will have lectures.Apart from that 😂

Stan.Will I still have to pay the toll charge?

Not quite what I was getting at - stay on the Saturday as well as the Friday if you were already going on the Friday? Then go the game on Sunday and come home Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1