Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

6 minutes ago, BWRL said:

Anyone have a breakdown of Sky/BT to hand?:teehee:

Saturday 7 March 2020

12:30 Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth (BT Sport)
17:30 Burnley v Spurs (Sky Sports)

Sunday 8 March 2020

14:00 Chelsea v Everton (Sky Sports)
16:30 Man Utd v Man City (Sky Sports)

Monday 9 March 2020

20:00 Leicester v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)

Saturday 14 March 2020

12:30 Watford v Leicester (BT Sport)
17:30 Aston Villa v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Sunday 15 March 2020

14:00 West Ham v Wolves (Sky Sports)
16:30 Spurs v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Monday 16 March 2020

20:00 Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Friday 20 March 2020

20:00 Spurs v West Ham (Sky Sports)*

Saturday 21 March 2020

12:30 Chelsea v Man City (BT Sport)*
17:30 Liverpool v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)*

Sunday 22 March 2020

14:00 Leicester v Brighton (Sky Sports)*
16:30 Southampton v Arsenal (Sky Sports)*

*Matches subject to FA Cup participation

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Will our share of the TV money go up because of this or is that already divvy’d out at the start of the season based on the deal and the fact each club has to have a minimum amount of games on the telly? 

I’ve never looked in to it properly in the prem but know Leeds do well with TV money each year in the championship because they’re on every week. 

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

Will our share of the TV money go up because of this or is that already divvy’d out at the start of the season based on the deal and the fact each club has to have a minimum amount of games on the telly? 

I’ve never looked in to it properly in the prem but know Leeds do well with TV money each year in the championship because they’re on every week. 

The more you are on the more you get .... only a few mill but still, if we stay third then we can look to pull in an additional £10m over budget this season (plus gate receipts for extra couple cup ties) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel sorry for the pubs near the ground.

I don't think it really matters too much. The Blues bar for example is always at capacity before any match. Probably better to be fair. You'd imagine they have normal trade on a Saturday anyway so by giving them a Sunday/Monday, it gives those normally completely quiet days a bit of a boost.

Certainly doesn't change my spending, Saturday, Monday or Wednesday, if I fancy a beer or two pre-match I will still have one. I can see your concern though but not sure if it really has that much of an effect.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think it really matters too much. The Blues bar for example is always at capacity before any match. Probably better to be fair. You'd imagine they have normal trade on a Saturday anyway so by giving them a Sunday/Monday, it gives those normally completely quiet days a bit of a boost.

Certainly doesn't change my spending, Saturday, Monday or Wednesday, if I fancy a beer or two pre-match I will still have one. I can see your concern though but not sure if it really has that much of an effect.

Well yeah, it's right next to the ground. I'm more on about the boozers within walking distance that do a brisk trade on Saturdays, but now won't get that same footfall. A couple of places reported taking a hit towards the back end of 15/16, if I remember correctly.

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Am I right in thinking this is more exposure than even the title winning season?

11 games in a row is the definition of insanity. 

Not the same as being there but all these televised matches great for us overseas supporters......beats trying to watch on dodgy streams 👍👍🦊🦊

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I'd imagine it has a massive effect on all pubs other than Blues bar tbh.