Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

How many moaning have sky, Amazon Prime or BT sport? FWIW

I have Prime, but like **** am I binning off the last time I'll see multiple members of my family for a number of years to watch it.

I’m actually happy with the change, suits my plans perfectly. 
I’m sure I’m not the only one either but we only hear the moans and groans about it not suiting fans. 
I understand the frustrations but this isn’t new, TV rules football. Unfortunately, there will be fans who can’t make it but I’m sure the ground will be near sold out and the away end will deffo be sold out. 

36 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

We will sell out because they have already sold 23500 tickets. But I won't be surprised to see Arsenal style announcement of 32500 attendance when in reality there will be pockets of empty seats everywhere.

How many season ticket holders are gonna risk handing their cards to complete strangers.

I guess the ticket office may have a few requests for paper tickets and their will be an influx of posts on here.

I reckon this suits the late teens 20s market down to the ground. But for those with families etc that work all year and only get a few days to spend with family. That boxing day evening can be a big deal. 

An early or 3pm ko would be much better for most. As I say normally I'd be well up for a late ko but the lack of public transport just makes it a ball ache for most.

I'd be happy for this game to be the death of this slot. But I guess viewing figures wise it will be a winner for all those scousers with, london, Scottish, cornish, Devon accents who all get to get pissed up then sit on the sofa watching the game 

So yet again we are gonna be stuck with it. 

I have a young family and actually, not having to spend 5/6 hours in the middle of the day when they are awake makes evening games not so bad. It does mean missing the bedtime routine. But for the majority of the time that I am at the game, the kids are asleep.

After Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we all need a break!

Of course, if you have older kids (which I believe you have), then you may normally plan evening things with the family. However, generally for us, I missed the family things on Boxing Day as the games in the middle of the day clashed with it.

Again, everyone has different "routines". There is no doubt public transport is an issue but even in the daytime it would have been difficult (maybe some busees run once every blue moon). Every now and then I don't mind having a drink before the game but I generally don't. And for Boxing Day I can make an exception and just drive. Can drink Christmas Eve and Christmas Day if I really want. Plus, when you have a family, you don't really get time to drink and watch football all day anyway.

Fully agree, 20:00 KO, late getting home with some people having work the next day is not ideal but it's not the end of the world. Ideally, as I said somewhere else above, all games just kick off between 12:00 and 15:00. Stagger them so you have 3 games at 12:00, 2 games at 13:00, 3 games at 14:00 and 2 games at 15:00 or something. All done by 17:00 and people get their evenings back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

We do Christmas for my Dad's side of the family in the evening on Boxing Day, which is organised to take into account the football when Leicester are at home. As most of the family already have plans in the day, we can now no longer attend unless we essentially cancel Christmas to watch some blokes kick a ball around for their coroporate paymasters.

I have a very limited number of fixtures left before I leave the UK in January now, so naturally I'm completely livid that one of my few left has been taken from me to line the pockets of fat cat wankstains.

Thanks a f**king bunch. The game's gone.:@

Ha same. Maybe we are related?!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Crap ain’t it 

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Have Sky as it's essential if you want to watch cricket, I also watch football on it.

What has that got to do with anything though? 

Saturday is our last home 3pm kick off of the year and it's October. It's mental. 

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Well there will be empty seats where season ticket holders like ourselves don't get others to go in our place. Liverpool's end won't be full - maybe good for us (open an extra block to home fans), but it will be a killer for the overall atmosphere.

I disagree with this - whatever time the game was there were no trains, and they traditionally always sell out - even if locals don't want to travel, enough from round these parts will snap up tickets.

13 hours ago, ttfn said:

The 43 hour turnaround time between the Liverpool and West Ham games is ridiculous.

It sounds fun for the fans but invariably it leads to mass rotation and poor quality football.

Isn't it the same every year? It's always the clubs with the smaller squads that have the toughest time.

Better buck up if we're going to play Euro football next season. :)

Edited by SO1

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

Have Sky as it's essential if you want to watch cricket, I also watch football on it.

Saturday is our last home 3pm kick off of the year and it's October. It's mental. 

I'm making the point that you can't have your cake and eat it. You are putting the money into the coffers of sky then moaning when they reschedule games for their customer base to watch? Cancel your subscription if it's that much of an ordeal

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

This deserves it own thread 

to challenge our way of life like this is shocking 

8pm on Boxing Night 

FU*K OFF 

we are pawns in a game of macro numbers 

challenge our way of life really tickled me, not sure why

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Are we not still playing Norwich at 3.00  on December 14th? That's the one crumb on the horizon I was clinging to after Burnley. But yeah, it's an awful stat regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

I'm making the point that you can't have your cake and eat it. You are putting the money into the coffers of sky then moaning when they reschedule games for their customer base to watch? Cancel your subscription if it's that much of an ordeal

This game has been rescheduled because of Amazon.

28 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Are we not still playing Norwich at 3.00  on December 14th? That's the one crumb on the horizon I was clinging to after Burnley. But yeah, it's an awful stat regardless.

Yeah we are. But as you say, point still stands, it's shocking treatment of match going supporters.

Think our worst run of this kind was in 12/13, when seemingly all of our home games in the run in were on Friday nights. Could be wrong but I'm sure we played our last 3pm home game in February against Wednesday? That was absurd. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue717 said:

I’m actually happy with the change, suits my plans perfectly. 
I’m sure I’m not the only one either but we only hear the moans and groans about it not suiting fans. 
I understand the frustrations but this isn’t new, TV rules football. Unfortunately, there will be fans who can’t make it but I’m sure the ground will be near sold out and the away end will deffo be sold out. 

Just because it isn't new doesn't mean it isn't still BS. People have been complaining about fixtures being moved for years and it's getting worse and worse, so we're fully entitled to moan about it.

Football would be nothing without the fans at the games, and yet we're the ones getting shafted at every single opportunity to line the pockets of the already-mega-rich. 

15 hours ago, ttfn said:

The 43 hour turnaround time between the Liverpool and West Ham games is ridiculous.

It sounds fun for the fans but invariably it leads to mass rotation and poor quality football.

At no other time of the season does this happen, either. The Thursday night games in early December mean that all the teams playing have their next game knocked back to the Sunday. Yet over Christmas teams are playing twice within 48 hours.

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Jesus haven't seen you post in about 5 years lol 

The don't moan if you have a subscription arguement is a good one and I've used it endless times on here but It's a much less powerful argument with Prime, we have Prime at home anyway, Missus orders shit from Amazon on a daily basis, the TV shows are good for the whole family, I follow Tennis and they have the ATP, etc would be cutting off ones nose to spite ones face cancelling just to protest against a late kick off. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Two q's:

1 - Why has West Ham v Leicester been moved just to not be shown live in the UK?

2 - Who is the prime commentary/pundit/tv team? I fear Peter Drury will be involved....

1 - Some utterly ridiculous reason around recovery time so I've read, like literally a couple more hours.

Right ok, without resorting to silly answers, name calling and such, lets look at this thread and whats discussed within it:

What I gather. Some people have the opinion:

• People say the boxing day interrupts their Christmas plans with friends and family
  • People say that they live a long way away and that a lack of public transport makes it hard to get to the game
  • People say there are a lack of alternative transport means to get to the game in place of public transport
  • People say that travelling fans from the opposition club will have to make long journies and get home late at night
  • People say that the scheduling does not allow for very much rest time between fixtures
  • People say that they resent having to pay subscriptions to three broadcasters to watch Leicester, and other teams, over all three of them.

Given that there is a football match like normal over the weekend of the 21st/22nd December, or close to this each year, and given there is another weekend of the 28th/29th December:

Why do we bother with boxing day full stop?

If it interrupts your other plans, its difficult for you to travel 100 miles or so to attend, it means the players are knackered, it means paying for amazon if not going to the game, it means staying sober etc

Why don't we sack off this ONE game every year, and just play it when:

Weather is better

Fixtures are less congested

You can actually get a train

Youre not under an obligation to get wasted

You stand a better chance of getting a lift

Less chance of a kick off time you don't like

Less chance of different teams having unfair advantages due to longer and shorter rest periods

Can someone explain why my point of view is wrong, in light of whats been said in this thread?

Edited by Donk

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Personally the new KO works better for me, it means I can spend the day with the kids and not feel guilty about going to the football.  the bigger issue here is the TV rights being spread between 3 viewing platforms, The cost of watching football will only rise for the time being and all 3 networks have already clashed with regards to scheduling which will only effect people that actually go to the games, I predict 1 of 2 things to happen...

1) All 3pm KOs become available to purchase in a Viewing season tickets for your chosen team which causes attendances to drop

or 

2) illegal streaming becomes too big to police and the value of all these TV rights plummets