Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Thursday 26 December 2019

12:30 Spurs v Brighton (Amazon Prime Sport)
15:00 AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal (Amazon Prime Sport)
15:00 Aston Villa v Norwich (Amazon Prime Sport)
15:00 Chelsea v Southampton (Amazon Prime Sport)
15:00 Crystal Palace v West Ham (Amazon Prime Sport)
15:00 Everton v Burnley (Amazon Prime Sport)
15:00 Sheff Utd v Watford (Amazon Prime Sport)
17:30 Man Utd v Newcastle (Amazon Prime Sport)
20:00 Leicester v Liverpool (Amazon Prime Sport)

Everybody should boycott. Absoloute joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NZ_Foxile said:

It’s not fair that some teams play on 29th and get a three day gap between games, and some play on the 28th. We have to play two days after an 8pm kick off, Liverpool don’t play until Sunday 29th. Surely puts us at a disadvantage compared to some.

The Christmas/ New Year week is very contentious. In the last three years, I think we've had the shortest time span for all the games we've had to play, including two early kick-offs on New Year's Day/ 2nd and four games from the 23rd to the 1st of January.

You really are at the mercy of the TV schedulers. I recall a few years ago that Southampton played on the 28th, 31st and 2nd away at Everton whilst Chelsea played on the 26th, 31st and 4th away at Tottenham.

It is a lottery over this time.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Genuinely just thinking this myself. Boxing Day is THE day. 

haha innit. i could probably have gone to the last 2 or 3 boxing day home games but haven't because the fact i'd miss like 6 or 7 hours of proper boxing day fun would've ruined me. banging it on tele is superb. 

9 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

How do you become a member of Amazon Prime Sport*?

*Not keen on more competition for showing football games, particularly with Amazon having no links with live games before this happening.

You just get the normal £7.99 a month prime. You get all the prime features, including the sport. They offer a lot of free trials too. I've used about 4 free trials but I currently have another one available to me so I'll probably claim that at the start of December. Also, if you or anyone you know is a student with an email address linked to a school/university, you can get a 6 month free trial.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Looks like it. And the new kick off times? 

That first week has knocked two other games back to Sunday- Sheffield United at Norwich and Southampton at Newcastle. Two awkward and long trips for the away fans on a Sunday morning.

10 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

8pm on boxing day is an absolute disgrace. What a stupid time for a football match the day after Christmas. No thought for travelling fans whatsoever .

It is. no doubt. I'm fuming because it really ruins my plans. BUT if we were a 3pm kick off, I'd be glad to get home and sit down and watch another PL game on TV with no real thought about the fans of those club affected.

It is what it is I think. Clubs get way more money from TV than from gate receipts so unless there can be a mass boycott (which there won't be) we just have to suck it up

I went to the recent West Brom v Huddersfield match, Sunday midday kick off. To air their protest, the Baggies fans chanted "fùch Sky Sports" from the start, but as only about 20 of them took part it was amusing rather than serious. These changed kick off times infuriate lots of fans but we're stuck with it as a consequence of our status.

Leicester City vs. Watford
King Power Stadium
Wednesday 4 December, 2019
Kick-off: 7:30pm
Amazon Prime Video

Aston Villa vs. Leicester City
Villa Park
Sunday 8 December, 2019
Kick-off: 2pm
Sky Sports

Manchester City vs. Leicester City
Etihad Stadium
Saturday 21 December, 2019
Kick-off: 5:30pm
Sky Sports

Leicester City vs. Liverpool
King Power Stadium
Thursday 26 December, 2019
Kick-off: 8pm
Amazon Prime Video

West Ham United vs. Leicester City
London Stadium
Saturday 28 December, 2019
Kick-off: 5:30pm

Newcastle United vs. Leicester City
St. James' Park
Wednesday 1 January, 2020
Kick-off: 3pm 
BT Sport

Burnley vs. Leicester City
Turf Moor
Sunday 19 January, 2020
Kick-off: 2pm 
Sky Sports

Leicester City vs. West Ham United
King Power Stadium
Wednesday 22 January, 2020
BT Sport

4 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I went to the recent West Brom v Huddersfield match, Sunday midday kick off. To air their protest, the Baggies fans chanted "fùch Sky Sports" from the start, but as only about 20 of them took part it was amusing rather than serious. These changed kick off times infuriate lots of fans but we're stuck with it as a consequence of our status.

Leeds sing it all time when they’re on tv. Can always tell because that’s when the tv starts to get quieter..

This’ll be controversial but I’m chuffed to be honest. I can’t get to matches all that often because I can rarely afford it and I’m always working (though I appreciate the ire of others); these changes make the games a bit more accessible for me to illegally stream them or go to my local who illegally stream them while giving me alcohol. 

Also, the more TV games we have the more money the club makes - £10m per game if I recall correctly. More money, more exposure is good for us. 

13 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

As long as we keep up our form the Liverpool game on Boxing Day is the standout match that day.

The fact that Liverpool have such a large worldwide support played a part in this. Adds pressure to pubs to subscribe to it being a busy day for them.

tbh, I would have expected lpool to be the early k/off as this game will no wbe 4am in the far east !

Making it the evening game is more about domestic audience than global imo

4 hours ago, rachhere said:

Looks like no trains on the boxing day. If we can get tickets (and presumably we will be to as we are both members) I am wondering about just taking it a bit more relaxed and staying at the Holiday Inn. Anyone else stayed there to know how nice it is? 

We've stayed there before and it's fine, better than some other Holiday Inns 

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Christ, someone make that smaller pls

here you go mate

Leicester City vs. Watford
King Power Stadium
Wednesday 4 December, 2019
Amazon Prime Video

Aston Villa vs. Leicester City
Villa Park
Sunday 8 December, 2019