Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Am I right in thinking this is more exposure than even the title winning season?

11 games in a row is the definition of insanity. 

I would think over the whole season we will have a lot more games on TV than in 15/16. The TV companies only started to put our games on from about February that season.

So far 13 games have been televised, with February and March that total will become 20 matches (depending on what happens with the Norwich game).

We then still have 7 games left in April/May of which at least a couple would be on TV.

We have benefitted from all games on a matchday being televised on 3 occasions which may skew the total slightly, but you could argue the Liverpool game would have been on as a minimum anyway (Boxing Day).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Mothers day if anyone now has any conflicts at home...

Just told my mum we’re gonna have to reschedule Mother’s Day. She’s angry but understands 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well yeah, it's right next to the ground. I'm more on about the boozers within walking distance that do a brisk trade on Saturdays, but now won't get that same footfall. A couple of places reported taking a hit towards the back end of 15/16, if I remember correctly.

Quite possible, less people using trains/public transport to get to games, less inclined to drink in the week etc.

We are just so successful right now everyone wants to show us! Rather that than Saturday 15:00 KO's because we are mooching around 13th place. Safe to say that most gamedays now see 5-6 games moved. Rare to see a good array of Saturday 15:00 games which is a shame. If you play Super 6 you'll know the dilemma of having to play with a couple of Championship fixtures most weeks.

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well yeah, it's right next to the ground. I'm more on about the boozers within walking distance that do a brisk trade on Saturdays, but now won't get that same footfall. A couple of places reported taking a hit towards the back end of 15/16, if I remember correctly.

Does level off though with potentially European matches next season. 

12 minutes ago, bmt said:

Monday night... another game I can't go to due to work!

Got tickets for Bryan Ferry at De Montfort on Monday 9th also working until 2.30pm for the Chelsea game. I know how important Sky money is but it is still very irritating as a season ticket holder every year when this happens.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Feel sorry for the pubs near the ground.

Why? They’ll perhaps be better off. Pubs will always be busy on a Saturday, regardless. They’ll also be busier on the days when they’re not usually as busy with the kick off change. They’ll not be losing out at all. 

My personal thoughts on it is that no one can moan, not players or managers who benefit from the ridiculous money or fans of Prem teams who enjoy the best players in the world playing for our teams.  
If you deal with the devil you dance to his tune unfortunately.

Some changes will suit your life circumstances and some won’t. If 3pm Saturday kick offs are important to you, follow a lower league team or non league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

Of all days. Mother’s Day. Brilliant. 

Bert, Take your Mum out a few days before or after Mothers day. Cheaper menus, better quality grub (cos they're not catering for the masses) and no families with screaming nippers running all over the place. Win, Win.

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why? They’ll perhaps be better off. Pubs will always be busy on a Saturday, regardless. They’ll also be busier on the days when they’re not usually as busy with the kick off change. They’ll not be losing out at all. 

Not sure many of those near-ish the ground are the kind of boozers people head to on a Saturday night out. Two or three I've used in recent years have been absolutely dead when games aren't on a Saturday. People just aren't as interested in a few pints on Sundays or weeknights, which is obviously fair enough. Some do rely (probably too heavily) on Saturday football trade.

33 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Got tickets for Bryan Ferry at De Montfort on Monday 9th also working until 2.30pm for the Chelsea game. I know how important Sky money is but it is still very irritating as a season ticket holder every year when this happens.

Surely this gives you the perfect excuse to get out of seeing Bryan Ferry? This cannot surely have been your idea?

• Haha 1

Llobocks, I part suspected Villa would be chosen but Brighton as well is one too many, that has really s**t on my plans. Maybe having a Wembley Final to go to would compensate in part but ffs it's too much now. The only positive spin I can offer is that it was announced before the Villa tickets go on sale unlike other occasions where it comes on the day or after. Really disappointed with this latest batch, maybe if we'd lost to West Ham we'd have had less appeal and one or two less games chosen, why did we have to go and f*** it up by winning and playing good stuff again!

When are they finally going to ditch the awful Monday Night slot? Nobody wants it, have it on a Friday if you have to. Monday nights are terrible.

22 out of 31 matches moved this season from the original slot (including midweeks), 8 3pm Saturday matches and 1 3pm on New Year's Day. The rest have all been moved with more to follow.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

When are they finally going to ditch the awful Monday Night slot? Nobody wants it, have it on a Friday if you have to. Monday nights are terrible.

22 out of 31 matches moved this season from the original slot (including midweeks), 8 3pm Saturday matches and 1 3pm on New Year's Day. The rest have all been moved with more to follow.

The answer is they probably aren’t going to ditch it anytime soon. They would play it at 3 in the morning our time if it was more money for them.

Same reason villa have given us a stand holding 6,000 but sold us 4,400 tickets. Fans money is a drop in the ocean to them.

Your £450 a year season ticket money and £30 a game away tickets is peanuts. Sky pay the bills so sky tell us when to kick off.

Money talks bull shit walks(or whinges about it in a forum every time they announce the TV games)

• Thanks 1

Well it is certainly good for the finances.  The "facility fee" part of TV payments is £12.3M plus £1.1M for every TV game over 10.  Last season we had 15 games on TV and so got £17.8M.  The "big six" got in the region of £30M last season so we could well finish up there or thereabouts this season.

1 hour ago, Edingleyfox said:

So if it wasnt Sky,and lets say on BBC,ITV or Another terrestrial Channel...

Games would also have various change of times...