Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazagac

Are Yanited this arrogant?

6 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Could have (incorrectly) said the same about Liverpool not too long ago - in that they were in a similar position. These sides will always be able to buy their way out of any real trouble.

Arsenal are the likeliest to encounter relegation.

They have an mid table / upper mid table strength squad. And, as any mid table side knows, you are one rocky start or a seven game bad patch from relegation trouble. 

It'll be interesting to see if panic and implosion sets in, if (and it's entirely possible) they fall to around 15th at some point next season

The media have always wanted teams like Leicester, Southampton, West Ham etc to sell their best players to the top six and then make out we are holding them prisoner if we don’t.

yet then seem surprised when there is a gulf between the top six and the rest.

glad it’s starting to change!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

They have an mid table / upper mid table strength squad. And, as any mid table side knows, you are one rocky start or a seven game bad patch from relegation trouble. 

It'll be interesting to see if panic and implosion sets in, if (and it's entirely possible) they fall to around 15th at some point next season

Whilst Arsenal have the front two that they currently have there is absolutely no chance of them dropping out of the top ten let alone battling relegation. If that situation were to change then I think they'd struggle a bit but overall they still have enough quality for a mid table finish. 

• Like 1

There us an arrogance amongst the top 6, which is OK in the main.   Some fans (and clubs) get carried away with it though. 

The thing is, "lesser" clubs are now standing their ground with the traditional off the field antics around transfers and the big teams don't like it.  What they'll hate even more though is that the fear factor on the pitch is also fast evaporating.  Teams are no longer going to turn up at the likes of Old Trafford and The Emirates and play for a draw, hoping to avoid defeat.  Mid table teams will show up smelling blood this season and pose a whole new set of problems on the pitch. Maybe not for Man City, Liverpool and Spurs, but for the others, it's going to be very interesting.

• Like 1

Hopefully they keep paying players like rashford 300/350k  and Sanchez what ever it is so in a few years they are stuck with players that they don’t want that are on stupid amounts  that no one else will buy because of the ridiculous wages they are on. They can’t moan about what teams want for their players they are the ones who bid big sums in the past it’s just now teams don’t have to sell until they are ready. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

There's absolutely no chance Arsenal will be around 15th. lol  Aubameyang was the golden boot winner last year and they only lost 2 games at home all season. They are a very capable side. I agree we could break into the "established order" but it's going to be tough getting there.

Edited by Haywood_6

11 hours ago, Beechey said:

Yes, but so is everyone else. Everyone thinks they can just rock up and cherry pick 'smaller' club's best players.

People are stupid and arrogant.

It's a media mindset as clubs of this ilk have been able to do exactly that for decades. It will take a while before the penny drops.

He's right, there is too much money in the Premier League now. Some of the figures quoted for players are ridiculous.

But that is the way it goes. Either put up with it or look elsewhere, or promote as many of your own as possible to save money on transfer fees.

Man Utd could have picked up Maddison for £22m from the Championship last year just like we did. 

Part of the reason why they end up paying so much these days is because they haven’t been prepared to take risks. 

Perhaps the signing of Daniel James from Swansea is a sign they realise this... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cala Bona Fox said:

Their arrogance goes all the way back to the Busby years. After he retired he was always at Old Trafford casting a dark shadow over successive managers who could never be expected to repeat his success and they gradually got worst and basically became also rans until Fergie showed up. But even then I can remember the likes of Bobby Charlton banging on about how they were the greatest football club in the world and that ANY player would jump at the chance to play for them. 

I'm not a great fan of Alan Shearer but I remember the disbelief at United when he turned them down for Newcastle.

And now history seems to be repeating itself. Fergie has retired but is still an ever present at Old Trafford casting his own dark shadow over the latest series of managers who will never be able to bring them the same level of success as he did but they will still keep telling everyone that they're the biggest football club in the world. Fingers crossed their demise lasts as long as the last time, which by the way included a relegation in 1974 under Tommy Docherty. Happy Days

Gazza also famously turned them down in favour of Spurs although it probably would have prolonged his career and reshaped his social life if he had signed for Man U, Venables basically let him do the fec he wanted where as Fergie would have rained him in.

i think looking back whilst they won't admit it both probably wished they chose Man U now, Shearer gives it the it was my dream to play for my boyhood team but he would always have played for Newcastle at some point further down his career difference being with a few medals in the cabinet and probably a European golden boot and well I think every time Gazza looks in the mirror he must think what if.

With those sides they turned down and the side of today not sure many players would look back and think if only I went but then it's a huge brand, they pay stupid wages and they do make top 6 but every player has their own goals I guess.

21 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Man Utd could have picked up Maddison for £22m from the Championship last year just like we did. 

Part of the reason why they end up paying so much these days is because they haven’t been prepared to take risks. 

Perhaps the signing of Daniel James from Swansea is a sign they realise this... 

Yep, they could’ve had Harry Maguire for £12m from Hull too. Then their fanbase would’ve moaned about ‘lack of ambition’ and so on. Screw them.

• Like 2

It’s what Man U fans have grown up with and now the tables are shifting slightly.

Every club bar the big two in Spain have a pecking order where their best players can be headhunted and purchased. Hell, we do it with smaller clubs like Hull and Luton et al...

The difference is with United currently, whilst still a big draw they are nothing like the biggest club in the world they were under Ferguson.

We’ve not caught up - nowhere near and we’ll like never have a bigger following or ground capacity but that doesn’t mean we can’t narrow the gap. Not selling our best assets because their head has been turned or because we really want the money is the very first step to doing that. It’ll force them into having a better scouting network, plucking players earlier form clubs and developing them (like we do) rather than the £200 million spend scattergun approach just paying for the best names in World football. It’s not to say that Maguire won’t definitely go - just that the chasm like a sea between the clubs is narrowing into more of a channel and one day might look a bit more like the width of a ditch but that’s a decade away, minimum.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

It's not the players..of any kind..!!

It's the board and it's set up of the last few years.Even that last  title year hid so many cracks...

IMO many fans who write such crap on

their forums ..are the plastics,not the

Hardened traditional fans...

If Maguire choses this side of the city,his agent ain't doing his job....

Ole knows what needs to be done...

But he needs SAF to have some harsh

Words direction board...Then Ole can lay

Down the law and direction,player wise..

But quite frankly...

I couldn't give a flying-fuk..

Times and eras change!!!!

Leicester & Wolves the new kids on the

block..??  That would be a great change and clean breath of Fresh air...

The board who sanctioned the move for Pogba. Who was binned off by SAF. Because the player is the problem. 

Whilst the board make these decisions its the players doing the damage. We've got players who aren't dragging or mur name through the mud and acting like entitled wankers. These are the indicators of a club's culture. 

Lingaard acting like a weird stain isn't that much of an issue within itself. However, it's a window into the culture of the club. And he carries the can because, the second he thinks can get away with, he's the one rating rooms out of ten and swearing like a docker. 

The players are the public face of the greater company and its their actions that the public take notice of. The players are AWARE of that. So to spend time bad mouthing the club and acting like they do is squarely at their door. 

There's this modern tendency to try and protect players from all criticism of behaviour and its disgusting. They're paid millions and millions of money generated by the public. They're paid this for playing a game. Most importantly, they are role models for each generation of children. We should hold them to a higher standard. 

56 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's right, there is too much money in the Premier League now. Some of the figures quoted for players are ridiculous.

But that is the way it goes. Either put up with it or look elsewhere, or promote as many of your own as possible to save money on transfer fees.

You say there’s too much money in the PL, I don’t necessarily disagree on the whole but I do to an extent. 

Without clubs like ours receiving £100m+ per season, our best players would be cherry picked for much smaller sums and we wouldn’t be able to do a thing about it. Man Utd and Liverpool would still have huge revenues, Man City (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) would still have mega-rich owners. 

The gap between the lower Championship and PL is closing, but teams still can get promoted and have the riches of the PL. The gap between the ‘big’ clubs and the rest is slowly but surely closing. Teams have enough money to say NO to the bigger clubs and I think it’s great. 

The more money teams get, the better players they can have (across the board). The better players in the league, the more competitive it is. The more competitive it is, the more entertaining it is. Sky sell entertainment and the clubs are rewarding accordingly. I know the original money came from Sky, but this money isn’t a gift. It’s the money generated from the league that allows Sky to finance the PL like it does.

It may not be good for the lower leagues, but it’s definitely good for the Premier League on the whole. Let’s not forget, many clubs still get promoted without the parachute payments just like we did. 

25 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The board who sanctioned the move for Pogba. Who was binned off by SAF. Because the player is the problem. 

Whilst the board make these decisions its the players doing the damage. We've got players who aren't dragging or mur name through the mud and acting like entitled wankers. These are the indicators of a club's culture. 

Lingaard acting like a weird stain isn't that much of an issue within itself. However, it's a window into the culture of the club. And he carries the can because, the second he thinks can get away with, he's the one rating rooms out of ten and swearing like a docker. 

The players are the public face of the greater company and its their actions that the public take notice of. The players are AWARE of that. So to spend time bad mouthing the club and acting like they do is squarely at their door. 

There's this modern tendency to try and protect players from all criticism of behaviour and its disgusting. They're paid millions and millions of money generated by the public. They're paid this for playing a game. Most importantly, they are role models for each generation of children. We should hold them to a higher standard. 

Players,mirror the society...good/bad/ugly...

Expecting more from them,than seeing

how ,our own kids are behaving,is for me just hypocritical contradiction...

We are humans with a melting pot of

different characteristics..expecting our

Sportsman to be something above that,is media & lazy convenient criticism

For each one who spouts such nonsense....Boundaries are there for ALL to follow..I as a kid was never influenced,by the idiocracy of any celebraty,and so it is with majority of kids...This insulting of children's & individuals intelligence..is IMO quite

Pathetic..!!

FFS..we see intellectuals and adults trying to have positive moral discussions over B.Johnson,Corbyn and the rest of the zombies..

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Players,mirror the society...good/bad/ugly...

Expecting more from them,than seeing

how ,our own kids are behaving,is for me just hypocritical contradiction...

We are humans with a melting pot of

different characteristics..expecting our

Sportsman to be something above that,is media & lazy convenient criticism

For each one who spouts such nonsense....Boundaries are there for ALL to follow..I as a kid was never influenced,by the idiocracy of any celebraty,and so it is with majority of kids...This insulting of children's & individuals intelligence..is IMO quite

Pathetic..!!

FFS..we see intellectuals and adults trying to have positive moral discussions over B.Johnson,Corbyn and the rest of the zombies..

So it's 'hypocritical contradiction' to expect more from elite earners and celebrities in a meritocracy, then? 

I suppose everyone should go around acting like complete animals and all standards should be dissolved under the 'melting pot' argument. Everyone behave how you want - you're under no obligation to society. 

The reason society is on a downward spiral is that we've STOPPED expecting behaviourally standards of those who are at the peak of the meritocracy. 

Normally I enjoy what you post but the quoted post is absolute bullshit. 

25 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

So it's 'hypocritical contradiction' to expect more from elite earners and celebrities in a meritocracy, then? 

I suppose everyone should go around acting like complete animals and all standards should be dissolved under the 'melting pot' argument. Everyone behave how you want - you're under no obligation to society. 

The reason society is on a downward spiral is that we've STOPPED expecting behaviourally standards of those who are at the peak of the meritocracy. 

Normally I enjoy what you post but the quoted post is absolute bullshit. 

You seem to of understood me perfectly well..

You see from normal people ,sportsman or not..I expect ,zilch,nada,rien ...It's not in the contract,or even morally expected

to deliver more than society honourable leaders,throughout our society.

There are twats all over our world..I poxy sportsman from 20,or whatever stat. one digs up...like I said kids are far more clever than adults give them credit for...

The good outweigh the bad..

Just Tojo's,who love nothing more than shit stirring...I for one admit to being too

Clever to bite,bit not to criticise to protect the positives..occasionally!!

Edited by fuchsntf

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You seem to of understood me perfectly well..

You see from normal people ,sportsman or not..I expect ,zilch,nada,rien ...It's not in the contract,or even morally expected

to deliver more than society honourable leaders,throughout our society.

There are twats all over our world..I poxy sportsman from 20,or whatever stat. one digs up...like I said kids are far more clever than adults give them credit for...

The good outweigh the bad..

Just Tojo's,who love nothing more than shit stirring...I for one admit to being too

Clever to bite,bit not to criticise to protect the positives..occasionally!!

Mate. I work with children. They're not far more clever than we give them credit for. They're exactly as they've always been. They copy their idols. 

No, behaving morally is not expected. But I'd bet my best cheese that there's a line or two in their contract about conduct and upholding the standards of the club they represent. 

And besides, just because, contractually, they're not obliged to behave doesn't mean that we shouldn't expect standards of behaviour. I'd be appalled at a coworker acting like Pogba or Lingaard. I'm not dropping that expectation because they're famous. I don't hero worship these people. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Mate. I work with children. They're not far more clever than we give them credit for. They're exactly as they've always been. They copy their idols. 

No, behaving morally is not expected. But I'd bet my best cheese that there's a line or two in their contract about conduct and upholding the standards of the club they represent. 

And besides, just because, contractually, they're not obliged to behave doesn't mean that we shouldn't expect standards of behaviour. I'd be appalled at a coworker acting like Pogba or Lingaard. I'm not dropping that expectation because they're famous. I don't hero worship these people. 

Ask the children I have known,over my

Life...I have not known one who copied,their so called idols stupidity!!

I see More adults who follow & copy soaps!!..

They might want to have a fast car,or copy a move,or sporting/musical act..but kids know right from wrong often better than their older peers,parents or teachers ....

Good banter.eh??

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Ask the children I have known,over my

Life...I have not known one who copied,their so called idols stupidity!!

I see More adults who follow & copy soaps!!..

They might want to have a fast car,or copy a move,or sporting/musical act..but kids know right from wrong often better than their older peers,parents or teachers ....

Good banter.eh??

Without knowing your story, fuchs, I'd wager that I've had to guide and talk with a greater number of children. 

They might act sensible in the view of an adult but they're emulating the GOOD AND the bad when they think they're sheilded. 

The use of the term 'nigger' for example, that became a popular pejorative on a few gaming channels a year or so back. It also become a regular insult inside of the schools I have worked in. 

They didn't do it in front of their teachers or the staff, but i promise you that i heard it daily for a period. 

Children know right from wrong, of course. They hide their wrong doings because they're clever. The copy their idols because they're kids. 

If Children operate the way you think then the concept of a role model is literally redundant. And i think we can both agree that's not the case. 

6 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

My brother in law is Man Utd and is convinced there is “Man Utd tax” added onto every player they buy meaning they overpay by £20-£30m per player

theyre all living in the past imo, used to be the dominant team in England but are now a million miles away and are pissy about it 

I so hope they’re shit this year 

He's probably got a point - and it's their own fault for shelling out loads on shite in the first place.

You can only get away with being incompetent for so long until everyone realises it. It's why we're, rightly, asking them for absurd money for Maguire.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Without knowing your story, fuchs, I'd wager that I've had to guide and talk with a greater number of children. 

They might act sensible in the view of an adult but they're emulating the GOOD AND the bad when they think they're sheilded. 

The use of the term 'nigger' for example, that became a popular pejorative on a few gaming channels a year or so back. It also become a regular insult inside of the schools I have worked in. 

They didn't do it in front of their teachers or the staff, but i promise you that i heard it daily for a period. 

Children know right from wrong, of course. They hide their wrong doings because they're clever. The copy their idols because they're kids. 

If Children operate the way you think then the concept of a role model is literally redundant. And i think we can both agree that's not the case. 

But aren't many role models..closer to home...exceptions, I suppose could be astronauts,Mandela,etc or sporting antics!!

Even among kids there are idiots,not all

Can be like the "famous five"....

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

But aren't many role models..closer to home...exceptions, I suppose could be astronauts,Mandela,etc or sporting antics!!

Even among kids there are idiots,not all

Can be like the "famous five"....

There are though. 

David Beckham is a prime example. Our very own James Maddison is emulating him and has confessed as much. 

You think we shouldn't be concerned about the behaviour of current English midfielders and its impact on our youth? 

Social media etcetera doesn't mean we shouldn't have that expectation. 

• Like 1