Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazagac

Are Yanited this arrogant?

On 07/07/2019 at 13:30, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Wouldn’t swap our squad for this, how times have changed

E05FA7F3-4F2D-4E41-A61F-E1E56510AC71.thumb.jpeg.aa3162a21dff57585a8b15d998065b81.jpeg

It’s unbelievably average and yet that’s not far off the squad that finished way above us. Obviously we had Puel and the timidity that he brought but we don’t have that excuse this season. I think a lot of their points (which took them to a loftier place than maybe their current squad should) were obtained by teams showing too much respect combined with perhaps some top 6 refereeing. VAR might sort out the latter and Rodger’s and the new signings should make us a far more challenging prospect against MUFC. 

On 07/07/2019 at 13:09, foxile5 said:

Without knowing your story, fuchs, I'd wager that I've had to guide and talk with a greater number of children. 

They might act sensible in the view of an adult but they're emulating the GOOD AND the bad when they think they're sheilded. 

The use of the term 'nigger' for example, that became a popular pejorative on a few gaming channels a year or so back. It also become a regular insult inside of the schools I have worked in. 

They didn't do it in front of their teachers or the staff, but i promise you that i heard it daily for a period. 

Children know right from wrong, of course. They hide their wrong doings because they're clever. The copy their idols because they're kids. 

If Children operate the way you think then the concept of a role model is literally redundant. And i think we can both agree that's not the case. 

Teaching children right from wrong is the parents responsibility nobody else's. The term role model when talking about celebrities was made up by lazy parents. The same lazy parents that sit their kid in front of YouTube because they can't be bothered to entertain them, themselves.

Just based on Red Café, I don’t see the arrogance I might expect given their history and the media’s fixation.  Most seem surprisingly self-aware, and would just as soon their club had LCFC’s business sense as our players.

Of course there is an assumption they will pick and choose players proven at less wealthy clubs -- lately that is their one and only operating model.  But a sizable majority realize the current limits of that approach. 

Surely much of the egregious stuff is from plastics (e.g. some guy in Atlanta with a few hundred posts).  Most outsiders who pick Man U (or the New York Yankees) stem from third world countries and need some chance to “win” in their lives.  Or are kids who’ll buy whatever the media pushes.  Or adults compensating for tiny genitalia and/or their own lack of success. *

* this is theory and not offered as fact  ;)

• Like 1

Everything is cyclical. 

The days of the megaclub are potentially over - in the manner about which the Man Utd fan above speaks about them.

Players can earn an absolute fortune at any Premier League club now. Given the choice between earning a fortune at Man Utd - where you'll sit on the bench and be part of a fragmented, inharmonious squad - or earning a similar fortune at a club with a decent team ethic and where you will actually get a run in the team, which are you going to choose?

Man Utd are obviously a massive shitshow these days. Who's going to want to go there when you can earn the same money under better conditions?

Teams like Leicester, Palace, Watford, etc. will be able to attract more and more good players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i wonder how many goals rashford would get playing for leicester. probably like 3 max.

Rashford is mainly shoved on the wing or played with little support at all. He's also still around 20. 

In a team which supported his strengths and played to them I'm sure he'd be scoring a lot more.

2 hours ago, daventry_fox said:

Teaching children right from wrong is the parents responsibility nobody else's. The term role model when talking about celebrities was made up by lazy parents. The same lazy parents that sit their kid in front of YouTube because they can't be bothered to entertain them, themselves.

I disagree. 

There are myriad reasons why but, for arguments sake, would you want a right wing fundamentalist passing on their version of right and wrong? 

Extreme i know, but there's a reason we use the village mentality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Rashford is mainly shoved on the wing or played with little support at all. He's also still around 20. 

In a team which supported his strengths and played to them I'm sure he'd be scoring a lot more.

my point still stands. rashford playing as a striker for leicester would barely get any goals. he'll be banging in 8 - 10 goals for west ham or everton season after season in a few years.

Edited by don_danbury

5 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

my point still stands. rashford playing as a striker for leicester would barely get any goals. he'll be banging in 8 - 10 goals for west ham or everton season after season in a few years.

Anything to support this or just your dislike of him?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, don_danbury said:

No he won't. He'll happily sit on the bench at Utd as they renew his 300k per week wages.

There aren't many clubs that can afford to fork out those sort of wages and you rarely see players taking a pay cut in order to get more game time.  It's one of the biggest problems Utd have.

16 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s unbelievably average and yet that’s not far off the squad that finished way above us. Obviously we had Puel and the timidity that he brought but we don’t have that excuse this season. I think a lot of their points (which took them to a loftier place than maybe their current squad should) were obtained by teams showing too much respect combined with perhaps some top 6 refereeing. VAR might sort out the latter and Rodger’s and the new signings should make us a far more challenging prospect against MUFC. 

Mentality is a big part of football, the top clubs often play to win every or at least most games, and how they setup compared to smaller clubs is night and day.

e.g. last season we gave too many teams respect, didnt close them down, and to be frank didnt play like a top 6 side is expected to play.

That mentality needs to change if we are to break the top 6.

In our title season, there was games towards the end of the season we didnt play great, but a big factor in some wins was teams stood of us, that respect and fear of our team.  Its what gave ferguson's man utd so many wins as well, at old trafford they had won before a ball was kicked as opposing teams turned up to "keep the score down".

We need that killer instinct against every bottom half team next season, and the belief we can beat the top 6 teams.  Even in a bad season chelsea got almost full tally of points home and away against 9th and below last season.

I think a lot of our players are better than man utd's but its the approach to games that will be key.

• Like 4

Deep down we all knew this was coming eventually. That one day we’d be the biggest and greatest club in the world. You could feel it rumbling at Filbert Street. I’ve been banging on about it for years. We’re not quite there yet, but very close. Vichai felt the dream that we’ve had all our whole lives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Mentality is a big part of football, the top clubs often play to win every or at least most games, and how they setup compared to smaller clubs is night and day.

e.g. last season we gave too many teams respect, didnt close them down, and to be frank didnt play like a top 6 side is expected to play.

In our title season, there was games towards the end of the season we didnt play great, but a big factor in some wins was teams stood of us, that respect and fear of our team.  Its what gave ferguson's man utd so many wins as well, at old trafford they had won before a ball was kicked as opposing teams turned up to "keep the score down".

We need that killer instinct against every bottom half team next season, and the belief we can beat the top 6 teams.  Even in a bad season chelsea got almost full tally of points home and away against 9th and below last season.

I think a lot of our players are better than man utd's but its the approach to games that will be key.

Teams stood off us because they’d worked out our effective style of play. We had enough to get the points but they didn’t stand off out of respect.

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Exactly this.

Confidence, mentality and expectations have a huge bearing in results.

Celtic have largely championship level players (with a couple of exceptions) and manage to, more or less, hold their own respectability in Europe.

Stick those very same players in  derby or Middlesbrough shirt in a champions league game and the outcome would be gruesome (for them, not me. I'd enjoy watching the Rams butchered alive by Rosenberg)

19 hours ago, daventry_fox said:

It's true that parents have the responsibility of teaching kids right from wrong. But there comes a point in every kid's life where they rebel against and question everything their parents tell them. There's also that moment when kids realise that their parents are mere mortals and not the superheroes they thought they were when they were younger.

Other role models do have a profound impact on a child's life. That could be a grandparent, aunt/uncle, significantly older sibling, a family friend, or, yes, a celebrity, YouTuber, TikTok creator, etc.

Children consume so much information. Blaming celebrity role models on lazy parenting is frankly unfair. I'll bet most of us on here had at least one growing up, whether it was a footballer, movie star, singer or whatever.

Plus you have many kids who are bounced around from foster home to foster home and care home to care home. What other choice do they have?

20 hours ago, daventry_fox said:

This is probably the most naive post I've ever read. 

I agree with the sentiment that parents shouldn't be absolved of the responsibility of raising their children. 100%

But kids pick up role models everywhere, they always have its just that with every passing generation they get easier access to a wider and wider range of sources through better connectivity. 

Fair points.

I just don't think it's right that a footballer or anybody else should have to think twice about living their own life because George and Susan in Surrey decided THEY wanted to have kids. 

To me as long  as these player's are performing on the pitch then they can do whatever they want off of it.