Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazagac

Are Yanited this arrogant?

2 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

I feel they are finally running out of their legacy.

They have done since SAF retired.

Seem like a desperate club now.

Obviously they have millions in the bank, but their recruitment has been very questionable in recent years.

Would be funny if Pogba was still at the club come August 31st after many months giving it away that he wishes to leave.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 4

That arrogance spills into every facet of their existence. Paul Pogba really is the very epitome of that - and of the Emperor’s new clothes !! The arrogance of European elite clubs is sickening. They pay exorbitant fees and wages for players they recycle between themselves. Rumour has it Utd want £150m for Pogba ???????. Surely to god, nobody would consider that for such a bang average player?  Then they wonder why Maguire isn’t moving for less than £80m ?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I remember someone at Chelsea, just stating a fact more than sour grapes, saying Cabaye was a player who interested them but decided against him and he went to Palace.

I've always thought it's possible for a club like ours to win some titles or the Champions League as we can buy anyone in the world outside a few hundred players. If your scouting is excellent then there is no reason why you can't compete with the best teams at least over the short term. 

Just look at our side now and we have have about 9 first team players who are on the same level or better than some of the big six's equivalent players. 

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I remember someone at Chelsea, just stating a fact more than sour grapes, saying Cabaye was a player who interested them but decided against him and he went to Palace.

I've always thought it's possible for a club like ours to win some titles or the Champions League as we can buy anyone in the world outside a few hundred players. If your scouting is excellent then there is no reason why you can't compete with the best teams at least over the short term. 

Just look at our side now and we have have about 9 first team players who are on the same level or better than some of the big six's equivalent players. 

The tricky part of that is having them all together at the same time. We could buy a gem or two. Their potential is realised and we could still be 3 or 4 players short of what’s needed to be right up there. By the time we have found the remaining pieces of the puzzle, they’re on their way to the big boys. Leaving a gap in the squad again. 

We’re in exactly that position at the minute I feel and need another season or two to fully bridge that gap. Although I can’t fault Top and Co for doing everything they can to put and end to the cycle I just mentioned. 

• Like 1

They are turning into Liverpool and will probably take them a decade before they are anywhere near competing for the title again.

I read that they completely blanked out Fergie and didn't want to listen to his advice, not a good idea when he was the one that turned them into the power house they still think they are.

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They are turning into Liverpool and will probably take them a decade before they are anywhere near competing for the title again.

I read that they completely blanked out Fergie and didn't want to listen to his advice, not a good idea when he was the one that turned them into the power house they still think they are.

They listened to his advice with Moyes and that didn't work out too well. It's one thing managing and taking them to the top himself, but advising and sitting in the sidelines is slightly different.

Their mistake was letting SAF and David Gill retire without having decent replacements in the wings. Woodward and the random appointments have ****ed them in terms of recruitment strategy. 

I think we need to get this going next season...

Ole’s at the wheel

tell me how good does it feel

Harry, Youri and Mads all said

That they would rather be dead 

No longer the greatest of all

Another season winning **** all 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

At this rate they will be relegated in 10 years

Could have (incorrectly) said the same about Liverpool not too long ago - in that they were in a similar position. These sides will always be able to buy their way out of any real trouble.

Their arrogance goes all the way back to the Busby years. After he retired he was always at Old Trafford casting a dark shadow over successive managers who could never be expected to repeat his success and they gradually got worst and basically became also rans until Fergie showed up. But even then I can remember the likes of Bobby Charlton banging on about how they were the greatest football club in the world and that ANY player would jump at the chance to play for them. 

I'm not a great fan of Alan Shearer but I remember the disbelief at United when he turned them down for Newcastle.

And now history seems to be repeating itself. Fergie has retired but is still an ever present at Old Trafford casting his own dark shadow over the latest series of managers who will never be able to bring them the same level of success as he did but they will still keep telling everyone that they're the biggest football club in the world. Fingers crossed their demise lasts as long as the last time, which by the way included a relegation in 1974 under Tommy Docherty. Happy Days

Edited by Cala Bona Fox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Glad Fergie is around to see his legacy dismantled by the likes of Pogba. 

Talented manager but acted like an awful bloke at times. 

Edit - perhaps a bit salacious language. 

It's not the players..of any kind..!!

It's the board and it's set up of the last few years.Even that last  title year hid so many cracks...

IMO many fans who write such crap on

their forums ..are the plastics,not the

Hardened traditional fans...

If Maguire choses this side of the city,his agent ain't doing his job....

Ole knows what needs to be done...

But he needs SAF to have some harsh

Words direction board...Then Ole can lay

Down the law and direction,player wise..

But quite frankly...

I couldn't give a flying-fuk..

Times and eras change!!!!

Leicester & Wolves the new kids on the

block..??  That would be a great change and clean breath of Fresh air...

My brother in law is Man Utd and is convinced there is “Man Utd tax” added onto every player they buy meaning they overpay by £20-£30m per player

theyre all living in the past imo, used to be the dominant team in England but are now a million miles away and are pissy about it 

I so hope they’re shit this year 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

Player From Fee Date
1 France Paul Pogba Italy Juventus £89.3 million[39][40] August 2016
2 Belgium Romelu Lukaku England Everton £75 million[42] July 2017
3 Argentina Ángel Di María Spain Real Madrid £59.7 million[43] August 2014
4 England Aaron Wan-Bissaka England Crystal Palace £50 million[44] June 2019
5 Brazil Fred Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk £47 million[45] June 2018
6 Serbia Nemanja Matić England Chelsea £40 million[46] July 2017
7 Spain Juan Mata England Chelsea £37.1 million[47] January 2014
8 France Anthony Martial France Monaco £36 million[41] September 2015
9 Sweden Victor Lindelöf Portugal Benfica £31 million[48] June 2017
10 Bulgaria Dimitar Berbatov England Tottenham Hotspur £30.75 million[49] September 2008

They (And the other 'big' clubs but Man Utd take alot of the credit) created this beast, the inflated market, they are just too thick to understand that every single transfer they make they inflate it even more though.

There was a time where they could bully teams but now no team in the Premier League needs to sell, even if a player wants to leave clubs can make it difficult, ultimately they will get their wish, but clubs can milk other clubs even if that case nowadays, they can name a price and say take it or leave it, play hardball, seems the big clubs are quite offended by this. Awwwww.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1