Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazagac

Are Yanited this arrogant?

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Man u have always had a huge out of area fan base. Even when shite in the Liverpool hey day they had that huge fan base. If you want an OT season ticket you wait for someone to die. They could sell double the season tickets they do. 

Unless they do a cov we will never see that fan base dwindle. 

Yeah - I get that, but I meant more the overseas fan base. It may well be that the brand is too big, too canny; to be massively affected. Guess only time will tell. (Not that I think they will be as lost for as long as Liverpool were)

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah - I get that, but I meant more the overseas fan base. It may well be that the brand is too big, too canny; to be massively affected. Guess only time will tell. (Not that I think they will be as lost for as long as Liverpool were)

Hard enough to get back with one dominant team. See Liverpool. Now we have Man c and Liverpool plus sadly spuds. Then us wolves pushing hard from behind. 

Utd could find it takes a very long time if ever to dominate again. Them arsenil and chelski could find it hard to stay top six season in season out. 

Loss of CL EL money and a drop in PL money will all impact them harder as they are used to it. 

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Hard enough to get back with one dominant team. See Liverpool. Now we have Man c and Liverpool plus sadly spuds. Then us wolves pushing hard from behind. 

Utd could find it takes a very long time if ever to dominate again. Them arsenil and chelski could find it hard to stay top six season in season out. 

Loss of CL EL money and a drop in PL money will all impact them harder as they are used to it. 

Don't think the loss of CL/EL is a huge thing for United, they keep increasing their revenue despite their recent woes. Do not think they are immune from down times, it will just take longer to bite for them.

The hilarious thing about this is that, club value and total spend aside, nothing has happened in the last three years to suggest that we aren't on a level with Manchester United in terms of our place within the league. They've finished top four once in three seasons (an admittedly good second place), and sixth twice. And, one-off or not, we won the league the year before while they finished fifth. We're both Europa contenders but not realistically breaking the top four, and for the sake of a few good or bad runs could finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. That is the reality of Manchester United in 2019 - the fact they've spaffed hundreds of millions if not north of a billion pounds to end up in a similar bracket to ourselves, Everton and Wolves says far more about them as a club.

They're welcome to Maguire at the price they're supposedly going to pay. It's an inflated market, we have other players waiting in the wings, he's underperformed for us for large chunks of the past season and he isn't going to solve any defensive problems there may be at Old Trafford.

He's a popular player for his exploits with England, which inflates his price. Bonus for me. He'd leave with my best wishes, but the fact is that he's being outperformed week-in week-out by £3m Jonny Evans. Jonny is objectively a more reliable defender, and we have two others in the form of Benkovic and Soyuncu waiting in the wings to learn from him and get their own run in the team.

He'll be popular there if he keeps popping up with goals at the back post, but ultimately it's a sideways step both for him and Manchester United at this point in time. And honestly, I think we can afford to lose him.

So let "Yanited" fans be arrogant. They're a circus of a club at this point - I just feel sorry for Solskjær having his reputation at the club dragged through the mud due to the rot having already set in. It's a very different beast to the club he left as a player.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Pardon my ignorance, why are Man U referred to as Yanited by some? Is it some sort of slur?

Listen to united fans chant united. 

YANITED is all it is. Not a slur as such just a dig at local dialect. 

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

I agree with the first part of your post, not the bolded one. They're a financial colossus, virtually bullet-proof. Just take a look at how much OGS will spend this season, despite the absence of european football and them finishing 6th. They do currently have an awful transfer/wage policy, the absence of DoF is hurting them badly and they will have a hard, long time rebuilding. However money's not a problem for them, more a lack of long-term project.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, That_Dude said:

I agree with the first part of your post, not the bolded one. They're a financial colossus, virtually bullet-proof. Just take a look at how much OGS will spend this season, despite the absence of european football and them finishing 6th. They do currently have an awful transfer/wage policy, the absence of DoF is hurting them badly and they will have a hard, long time rebuilding. However money's not a problem for them, more a lack of long-term project.

Really? I've not read all your post as the first sentence stopped me. They turn over £3/400m a year and make about £25/30m profit. Take away £30/70m European money they have no profit or make a loss. The reason Europe's so important is it keeps them in the black. 

The man u budget wages long term will be worked out with playing in Europe. They really will struggle without European games. 

19 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I keep hearing from the media about how Man Utd are doing things the right way now, but by losing Valencia & Herrera on free's & spending about 65 million on AWB & James have they even improved? 

MUFC are media darlings. If a player farts the pundits and media go berserk and applaud it loudly. Pathetic love in!

22 hours ago, Nalis said:

Pardon my ignorance, why are Man U referred to as Yanited by some? Is it some sort of slur?

21 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Same reason we have tee shirts with Lestah written on them.

Illiteracy???

18 minutes ago, TheStig said:

MUFC are media darlings. If a player farts the pundits and media go berserk and applaud it loudly. Pathetic love in!

It's just business. 

There's more United fans than any other club. Football fans by and large want to hear what they want to hear. Just look at the Talking About Us thread. We're desperate for people to write nice things about us and we get salty AF when they don't. 

Magnify that by the 99999* more fans United have and boom. The modern drive for advertising "clicks" has just made it worse tbf. 

As i mentioned they are in Perth this week.

Our media has been absolutely stupid in the level of coverage they have received, lead stories on all TV channel news, every news "update" is about them. The radio stations have a story in every news break and our online news pages have links like..."Man united stars in first WA training session"

Their recent history means they have some justification in being arrogant.... however... the future is a different story :)