Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gazagac

Are Yanited this arrogant?

9 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

There are though. 

David Beckham is a prime example. Our very own James Maddison is emulating him and has confessed as much. 

You think we shouldn't be concerned about the behaviour of current English midfielders and its impact on our youth? 

Social media etcetera doesn't mean we shouldn't have that expectation. 

Not singularly no!! 

My worry more is the lack of action on

Plastic,oil spills.Road rage,embarrasing govts..etc

What's wrong with Beckham & Maddison Emulating his positives..

Confession???

Bad behaved midfielders..is not just an English thing..!!  Concerned more than

Other things...No.!!  

Like you said clubs will have their own expectations from players....

Look at the mouthing and press releases from footballers agents..shouldn't they like their client be forced to tow the line,so long as their charges are under contract,if not....

Loss of FIFA License..

They have an unbelievable fan base and income but a fan base that can easily disappear with a couple more years of mediocrity.  They have owners who milk the club and some truly under performing players on obscene wages. Also would imagine  a lot of income is based on Champions league football which they have missed out on. Off the field they are massive but on it really struggling. I am a Leicester fan but would I swop their manager for ours? no way if I picked a combined 11 would there be more United or City players. IMVHO opinion they have far too many players on obscene wages that are nowhere near as good as they seem to think they are and when you start the ball rolling with silly wages everyone joining also wants a chunk. They waste vast amounts on dross and have players on so much money nobody else will take them on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

They are turning into Liverpool and will probably take them a decade before they are anywhere near competing for the title again.

I read that they completely blanked out Fergie and didn't want to listen to his advice, not a good idea when he was the one that turned them into the power house they still think they are.

...he advocated for David Moyes to be given the job as manager when he stepped down!!!

You can understand why, he would now be marginalised.

Only would consider De Gea, Martial and Rashford out of that list.

The midfield looks weak, like the defence.

They should accept that their expectations should be lowered, to the point where Champions League qualification woukd be defined as a great season for them.

Think the club have made the cheap option in Solskjaer, albeit a very risky one.

Man Utd will never get back to what they were. They will never get back what made them so great. The Fear Factor.

teams were petrified of playing Man Utd under SAF. A 2-0 defeat was seen as a good result. 

Even now when we play Liverpool or Man City there is no fear. I fancy us to beat anyone on our day. They will never hav the fear factor like Man U did. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We are genuinely better than that on paper. 

bar Liverpool and city the other four have all got their issues and should probably be looking over their shoulder more than looking at top spot. Obviously we finished very strongly under Rodgers and have had a good summer so far but the likes of Watford wolves and Everton could also be a problem unless there’s a big turn around from how Spurs united arsenal and Chelsea finished last season. At least one of them will be outside the top six this year, personally I think it'll be two.

On subject I can’t quite believe there is four pages on two pretty throw away lines from a Man U fan. I think we all know enough Man U fans to know what they are like.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

While we've got a good chance of competing with them next season, as it stands we've done nothing to deserve to be treated as equals. They are still massive, they are still a lot bigger than us and this thread makes us look deluded and will be even worse if it all blows up in our face this season (I don't think it will but we can't rule it out completely).

Whatever the next few years has in store, we have to earn it before we can bleat about how Man U are not showing us respect.

• Like 2

Man Utd need to fall further before they can mount a resurgence in my opinion. They are blinded by their own  "brand". I am curious how long it will take for their current malaise to effect their brand value.  At some point, their non local fan base must turn away surely? I also do not understand why AWB is seen as a top signing, but have not seen him much, apart from for the u21’s, when he was toilet.

Edited by Dahnsouff

The football will do the talking in the end. I'm sure in reality we would love some of those players in our squad. Would be wrong to be too disrespectful towards them currently. Let's just get behind Brendan and the lads and not worry about others. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Man Utd need to fall further before they can mount a resurgence in my opinion. They are blinded by their own  "brand". I am curious how long it will take for their current malaise to effect their brand value.  At some point, their non local fan base must turn away surely? I also do not understand why AWB is seen as a top signing, but have not seen him much, apart from for the u21’s, when he was toilet.

Man u have always had a huge out of area fan base. Even when shite in the Liverpool hey day they had that huge fan base. If you want an OT season ticket you wait for someone to die. They could sell double the season tickets they do. 

Unless they do a cov we will never see that fan base dwindle.