Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

YOURI TIELEMANS SIGNS!

I think it’s fairly obvious why he signed for us, imagine forming close friendships with players like Lingard, pogba and lukaku. I reckon he’d made his mind up last season and told his agent of his desire to play at Leicester, obviously the big clubs would be after him but if his agent has told them thanks but no thanks, that’s an end to it. Maybe because of the arrogance and self entitlement of some Man Utd’s/ arsenal etc  fans , they can’t comprehend how a player would turn them down to go to Leicester, some things are more important than money, enjoying yourself for a start. He’s never going to get booed at Leicester, he’s young and I suspect he prefers the quite life without the pressures that come with 200 grand a week.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think it’s fairly obvious why he signed for us, imagine forming close friendships with players like Lingard, pogba and lukaku. I reckon he’d made his mind up last season and told his agent of his desire to play at Leicester, obviously the big clubs would be after him but if his agent has told them thanks but no thanks, that’s an end to it. Maybe because of the arrogance and self entitlement of some Man Utd’s/ arsenal etc  fans , they can’t comprehend how a player would turn them down to go to Leicester, some things are more important than money, enjoying yourself for a start. He’s never going to get booed at Leicester, he’s young and I suspect he prefers the quite life without the pressures that come with 200 grand a week.

He obviously wanted game time, but lets not be silly, if Spurs or United had come calling then he'd probably have gone there.

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He obviously wanted game time, but lets not be silly, if Spurs or United had come calling then he'd probably have gone there.

And then become surplus to requirements after a couple of years when they still hadn’t won anything, because that’s what they’d expect. if one of the best midfielders in the world wants out because he thinks the team ain’t going anywhere how’s a relative newcomer to the league going to manage

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And then become surplus to requirements after a couple of years when they still hadn’t won anything, because that’s what they’d expect. if one of the best midfielders in the world wants out because he thinks the team ain’t going anywhere how’s a relative newcomer to the league going to manage 

17 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Not at all, he made it clear from the off that we were his prefered choice. 

I hope you're both right and times are changing, but both of those clubs have a bigger appeal in pretty much every aspect. The only thing we could guarantee was game time, which may have been the deciding factor. Unfortunately we'll never know, as neither United nor Spurs were actually in for him, we seemed to be the only club that did want him.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Agree. He did not want to commit at the end of the season and kept his options opened. Despite spending a club record fee, the club could only get him to sign for 4 years instead of the usual 5 that we prefer for good young players. It shows that his mind is just to play here for 2 seasons max and then we will have to convince him to stay again.

I feel for Silva though. Why is Rogers not even interested in wanting to see him at training?

Also, I would be keen to see Diabete back this season. I thought he has potential.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Cheers lads :D 

Aiyawatt-Srivaddhanaprabha-and-Jon-Rudki

Top said he wants to win it again for his dad.  He is doing everything possible to keep that promise. They love the club and the club and the fans love them.  Best owners in the league, bar none.  We are lucking to have such noble people owning LCFC.  Also I don't for a minute think it will end anytime soon.  Top and the family are here for the long term.

9 minutes ago, Hack said:

Top said he wants to win it again for his dad.  He is doing everything possible to keep that promise. They love the club and the club and the fans love them.  Best owners in the league, bar none.  We are lucking to have such noble people owning LCFC.  Also I don't for a minute think it will end anytime soon.  Top and the family are here for the long term.

think ur comments are 100% correct,must clubs would kill for owners like ours.

4 hours ago, TheStig said:

The challenge is now for Brendan to turn this extremely talented squad into serious contenders and winners. Come on City good times ahead!

We have the right manager at the right time with the right team.  Future really is as bright as it can be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree. He did not want to commit at the end of the season and kept his options opened. Despite spending a club record fee, the club could only get him to sign for 4 years instead of the usual 5 that we prefer for good young players. It shows that his mind is just to play here for 2 seasons max and then we will have to convince him to stay again.

I feel for Silva though. Why is Rogers not even interested in wanting to see him at training?

Also, I would be keen to see Diabete back this season. I thought he has potential.

puel couldn't use him becuase of a 5 million fee we would have to pay sporting if he made an extra apperence. 

I imagine Rogers has been given the same restriction.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Does anyone have info on what players Brendan isn't keen on?