Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

YOURI TIELEMANS SIGNS!

4 hours ago, rico said:

From Sky Sports 

TIELEMANS GAVE UP UNITED CHANCE

Youri Tielemans gave up the chance of a possible move toManchester United, and told his agent he wanted to sign for Leicester City now, rather than delaying in case Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made a bid for him, Sky Sports News has learned.

Tieleman's agent was keen to wait, in case bigger clubs came in with an offer for the Belgian international. In particular, he wanted to see what happens with Paul Pogba at Old Trafford before committing Tielemans' future - a number of reports have suggested United were looking at the 22-year-old as a possible replacement, should Pogba leave for Juventus or Real Madrid.

If i were tielemans i'd be shouting it from the rooftops about not signing for united, a bit of gamesmanship never goes amiss

• Like 1

Tielemans, 22, signed a four-year contract with the Foxes on Monday and immediately headed out to France to join Brendan Rodgers' men for pre-season in Évian-les-Bains.

Throughout an initial four-month loan spell with the Club last season, the Belgium international stole the hearts of the Blue Army with his exhilarating and expressive playing style.

Now a permanent member of Leicester's first team squad as Rodgers guides the Foxes into their sixth successive Premier League campaign, Tielemans caught up with LCFC TV on Tuesday.

In a wide-ranging interview, the former Anderlecht and Monaco midfielder discussed the importance of pre-season, the Club's close-knit ethos and his excitement for the 2019/20 season.

With the breathtaking Lake Geneva as a backdrop, Youri began by explaining his decision to join Leicester despite attracting the attention of a host of European football's top clubs.

Asked how it feels to be a permanent Foxes player, he said: "It feels great, honestly, because the second part of the season went very good for me and for the team as well.

"That’s what I wanted and I wanted to keep it like that – playing in a positive mood and a positive club with a lot of ambition and a lot of potential too. I’m really happy to be here. 

"I’ve let myself [have] some time to think, to get the positive things. For me, after the international break, it was clear for me that I wanted to come here. That’s why we got the deal done.

"I think it’s important to not rush yourself in a decision. For me, it was clear I wanted to make a pre-season with a club I was playing with for the whole season... that's an important thing.

"If you are with your club in pre-season, then during the season it will come automatically. It was important for me."

Tielemans flew to Évian on Monday evening to be reacquainted with his team-mates, while he also enjoyed the opportunity to meet new recruits James Justin and Ayoze Pérez.

After quickly settling back into the Évian group, a mix of first team and youth players, the Sint-Pieters-Leeuw-born midfielder then engaged in two sessions on Tuesday.

Reflecting on the warm welcome he received at the Club's hotel, Youri added: "It was fantastic, because I knew everybody.

"There were two or three young guys who came in and two signings, but for the rest of them, it was fantastic to be back with them.

"We have a great partnership and friendship out of the pitch, so it’s really good. It’s important to be, for one full week, with the team.

"Always being together, we get to know each other on and off the field, so it’s important to have a pre-season camp like this."

Rodgers, meanwhile, labelled the addition of Tielemans - his third summer summer - as 'incredibly exciting' for the Club and Youri says the feeling is mutual between the pair.

"We’ve talked about the season and what he wants from me and what he expects from me," he continued.

"I know we will make some good progression together and we will enjoy our time together because I’m sure it will go really well. 

"I think I’ve done really well since I’ve been here, but the main thing is always to do better. That’s why I’m here. To make myself better, but also the team too.

"I’m here to give myself 100 per cent and to play my best football. I’m just going to enjoy myself and get the legs ready for the rest of the season."

Ending with a message for the fans, Youri acknowledged the Blue Army's affection for him and admitted their calls for him to sign permanently didn't go unnoticed.

"I’d like to thank them all for their kind messages and for everything because they’ve been fantastic since I’ve been here," Tielemans concluded.

"All the songs about me, ‘sign him up’… it’s done! We are all really happy and I hope we’ll enjoy our time together."

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1275604/tielemans-why-i-chose-leicester/featured

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rodgers must be rubbing his hands with glee with the potential our squad has...

Im so excited about next season!! It could go t!ts up, a couple of injuries to key players etc, but with our summer signings and getting Tielemans I’m sure we’re in for one hell of a season!!  

I’m not surprised he chose us if I’m honest - we’re a known quantity, made him feel very welcome, and he’ll be a guaranteed first team choice (on a huge stage) should he continue to perform at the levels we saw last season. 

Rodgers’ task now is to keep our young players grounded and on track - if he can manage that, then there should be no reason why Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal shouldn’t be worried that we could (and I mean, Could) take their place in the top 6...

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

:wub:

Yes, the fans (us!) helped - just put a large bet on Top 6, less of a bet on top 4 and a tenner on winning the league....   (altho...maybe lets not carried away - even so, even if we have a rocky start this team are going to be great to watch..and can beat anyone on the day...)

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's one to decide, is this squad better or worse than that squad he had at Liverpool in 13/14? 

Overall better, but the league was weaker overall then and Luis Suarez put in the finest single season of any player in premier league history. Salah might have scored more but Suarez carried that Liverpool team almost all the way. Vardy was ridiculous in 15/16 and was still 8 goals behind Suarez’s total during their run in!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's one to decide, is this squad better or worse than that squad he had at Liverpool in 13/14? 

nowhere near as good, let’s not lie. 

their front three were all better than ours, tielemans would’ve got the third place in their midfield ahead of joe allen or whoever else, and chilwell would’ve played left back. maybe ricardo would’ve played half the games too. 

actually, forgot about coutinho. so yeah, probably just the full backs and the keeper that we could’ve lender them. 

Edited by ScouseFox

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Beautiful Island, shame it's spoilt by too many love island wannabe dick heads! I'm sure you're taking in the sights though lol

Love it here . But as you say too much insta live streaming I was here kinda of shit 

• Like 1