Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

YOURI TIELEMANS SIGNS!

That deal is looking so much better.

35mill, such an incredible deal for a 21/22 year old with so much potential. 

No buy out clause is brilliant too, he won't be leaving on the cheap in the future. 

After a few mistakes in the past, we seem to have sorted ourselves out in terms of contracts etc. Massive credit to Rudkin et al for sorting this out.

• Like 1

I see this signing being mentioned in stories we'll pass down as grandparents in 50 years...

"...So we won the league and and made it to the QF of the Champions League the season after..."

"and then what, Grandpa?"

"Well we had a few mediocre seasons but then manged to sign Youri Tielemans permanently" 

"..and then what Grandpa?"

"well..... EEEEERKKKKKUPPP"

"Grandpa? Grandpa? Grandpa?"

"Mummy, Grandpa  doesn't seen well"

"GOOD GOD CALL AN AMBULANCE"

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I see this signing being mentioned in stories we'll pass down as grandparents in 50 years...

"...So we won the league and and made it to the QF of the Champions League the season after..."

"and then what, Grandpa?"

"Well we had a few mediocre seasons but then manged to sign Youri Tielemans permanently" 

"..and then what Grandpa?"

"well..... EEEEERKKKKKUPPP"

"Grandpa? Grandpa? Grandpa?"

"Mummy, Grandpa  doesn't seen well"

"GOOD GOD CALL AN AMBULANCE"

“And then we spent half a day stalking him on his flight to Birmingham"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

How we had the nerve to talk Monaco down from 40 million to 35 million is beyond me lol

Probably because they could only find a small club that would take him on loan last season....:thumbup:

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

How we had the nerve to talk Monaco down from 40 million to 35 million is beyond me lol

They wanted up front I'd guess, so Rudders spoke to Top and they said ok up front £35 mil....... Then Top pulled out his wallet and did a ticker tape celebration with £50 notes :appl:

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

38m Euro was out final bid as I said last week. So the reported £35 seems quite accurate 

I assume Youri and his agent must have done pretty well out of the lower fee ...

this can only  have worked for them if they told monaco that it didn’t matter who bid for him - he would only leave for us. (Which makes today’s sky ‘not waiting for yanited’ story less credible) 

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

How the f**k has Jon Rudkin gone from having our trousers pulled down by Sporting to making Manchester United and Arsenal look like rank amateurs?

I also understand he was pivotal in getting Brendan Rodgers here in the first place. 

I think there might be something to Vichai’s policy of getting behind people who you trust and who have proved themselves. 

Top, Whelan and Rudkin are like the Vardy, Mahrez and Kante of the business world!

Rudkin deserves a lot of credit; got a lot of bashing in the past, and I admit I have had my say but man it looks like he has turned things around 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's one to decide, is this squad better or worse than that squad he had at Liverpool in 13/14? 

Great question, i would say the Liverpool squad would marginally still be a better squad on paper.. Would like to see a like for like with their 11 v ours. CBA to look back but its a very interesting point. 

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

£35 would have been the deal of all time :P  Top business all round. Massive respect to Top this summer and the work going on behind the scenes 

This.  Well played Top and Co :appl: