Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

The Biggest Dark Horse Of The Season

5 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

First 11 minutes discussing Leicester pushing for top 6.

That guy in the middle looks like the love child of Ed Woodward and Madders

MidGuy.JPG.872f5d0a69712aca67cecbd78bfe11aa.JPG

• Haha 1

I would prefer it if we were more under the radar to be honest. There is so much talk in the press about us being the ones to break the top 6 and so much expectations and that can add pressure, especially if we get off to a dodgy start. 

Hopefully the players can all deal with that and maybe even use it for confidence, but teams like Wolves, Everton and even West Ham will all improve and we will certainly have our work cut out finishing above them and also pushing into the top 6. 

We can certainly do it, but we have a lot of young players and consistently usually suffers. Just hope we give it a real go and can live up to the hype! 

• Like 3

Either Aston Villa or Southampton.

Shame that the Newcastle fiasco is very sour at the moment, as reckon Benitez (under a decent owner, who actually wants the club to do well on the pitch..) could've potentially made the club to go further than they reached last season if he stayed and if Mike Ashley changed his approach and gave him a decent amount of funds to push for more quality players.

36 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Either Aston Villa or Southampton.

Shame that the Newcastle fiasco is very sour at the moment, as reckon Benitez (under a decent owner, who actually wants the club to do well on the pitch..) could've potentially made the club to go further than they reached last season if he stayed and if Mike Ashley changed his approach and gave him a decent amount of funds to push for more quality players.

Southampton is a good shout. Hassenhutl quietly turned them around after Pellegrino then Hughes. They need more goals though. Is Che Adams the answer for them?

I've seen a lot tipping Brighton to go down but I think they'll comfortably be mid table under Potter. Hughton never gets any flak because he's nice bloke but Brighton were so defensive that they didn't get anything out of their attack.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

Image result for black beauty

I'm going for this one!

I've been in the house she grew up in. Its a lovely little tea shop in Great Yarmouth. Other than chip stalls on the market its about the only thing yarmouth is famous for. Oh and yarmouth was the first ever place to be bombed from the air ww1. 

So kiddies that your history lesson over for today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I've been in the house she grew up in. Its a lovely little tea shop in Great Yarmouth. Other than chip stalls on the market its about the only thing yarmouth is famous for. Oh and yarmouth was the first ever place to be bombed from the air ww1. 

So kiddies that your history lesson over for today. 

Still needs tidying up after that atrocious aerial attack.....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Everton finished last season with excellent form, they should be in the mix of teams pushing the top 6. 

I agree with this and think it's a bit worrying that they have gone completely under the radar. They finished above us in both of the last two seasons despite in one season having Allardyce in charge and being inept for large periods last time round. They have only signed Delph so far, but I would be shocked if they don't go for another marquee signing, probably another Brazillian player like Malcom. They have plenty of good players in Digne, Gomes and Richarlison and seemed to have turned the corner at the end of last season. 

The one edge I think we have on them is a better team spirit. They are made up of a lot of foreign players and many who are good, but who have failed at other teams. At Leicester because a lot of the players are around the same age group there seems to be a tight bond, and some good connections within the team. Tielemans and Maddison already have an obvious playing chemistry, and both are on the same wavelength as Vardy. Rodgers I also think is the superior manager. But is that enough? We shall see!

EDIT: Just noticed that Haller has signed for West Ham. They finished on the same points as us last season and will only improve this time round. Another team that has a chance, if more of a stretch than some of the others to do well.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with this and think it's a bit worrying that they have gone completely under the radar. They finished above us in both of the last two seasons despite in one season having Allardyce in charge and being inept for large periods last time round. They have only signed Delph so far, but I would be shocked if they don't go for another marquee signing, probably another Brazillian player like Malcom. They have plenty of good players in Digne, Gomes and Richarlison and seemed to have turned the corner at the end of last season. 

The one edge I think we have on them is a better team spirit. They are made up of a lot of foreign players and many who are good, but who have failed at other teams. At Leicester because a lot of the players are around the same age group there seems to be a tight bond, and some good connections within the team. Tielemans and Maddison already have an obvious playing chemistry, and both are on the same wavelength as Vardy. Rodgers I also think is the superior manager. But is that enough? We shall see!

EDIT: Just noticed that Haller has signed for West Ham. They finished on the same points as us last season and will only improve this time round. Another team that has a chance, if more of a stretch than some of the others to do well.

Of course the good thing about others getting stronger is they will also take points from the traditional top 6

• Like 1