Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Cheltenham away PSF Pre-Match Thread

Some may argument that our last visit to Whaddon Road was the beginning of the adventure which led to us winning the league. 

Unsure as how our squad is going to be organised but hopefully game time for Schmeichel and Chilwell. 

Cheltenham are managed by former Burnley defender Michael Duff but their pre-season hasn't been great. Losing 2-1 to Stratford Town and drawing 1-1 to Hereford. 

If Jakupovic got 90 minutes on Tuesday I’m guessing it’ll be Wards turn for 90minutes. With Kasper playing 90 next Tuesday. 

Apart from that I think a game of two sides again. (Apart from the keeper playing 90 minutes) 

45 mins for Kasper and Ward. Chilwell to play a half. Imagine a couple of players will play 60 minutes but then not start on Tuesday. Slightly concerning that Maddison, Barnes, Gray and Choudhury will only have 2 opportunities for any minutes assuming they won't be involved on Tuesday having just come back. 

54 minutes ago, Burgh foxes 01 said:

We should be playing better teams than these , who picks the friendly games ?

Why? Are you privy to the manager's reasons and strategy and are questioning it? 

1 hour ago, Burgh foxes 01 said:

We should be playing better teams than these , who picks the friendly games ?

Disagree. We still have a fair contingent of international players that have returned to the fold yet so we can try out a few youngsters and fringe players to give them pitch time in games that they are playing without fear in.

52 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Red cafe meltdown when Maguire plays.

I'm hoping partnering him back up with Evans for 45 minutes. 

Who maguire plays with will 8nterest me a lot

on tuesday he played with the weaker side ..... if he does so again then methinks BR thinks he won’t begIn the season with us 

I doubt we will see Ben, Madders or Gray, they've come back to training today and they were in there pretty late on, don't think they've travelled with the squad, they'll be more of a feature on Tuesday.

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

I doubt we will see Ben, Madders or Gray, they've come back to training today and they were in there pretty late on, don't think they've travelled with the squad, they'll be more of a feature on Tuesday.

Chilwell has been back for a while hasn’t he?