Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iheanacho deserves respect for difficult Leicester City role, says Brendan Rodgers

We all know that in true Leicester fashion Iheanacho will have a blinder this season and help us qualify for Europe only for Man City to activate the buy back clause of £40m next summer, leaving us to find an additional £40m+ as market inflation will mean the fee won't even be enough to buy you a Jeff Schlupp in a years time. In the process FT will go into meltdown and Rudkin's current status as the messiah will long be forgotten about.

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

We all know that in true Leicester fashion Iheanacho will have a blinder this season and help us qualify for Europe only for Man City to activate the buy back clause of £40m next summer, leaving us to find an additional £40m+ as market inflation will mean the fee won't even be enough to buy you a Jeff Schlupp in a years time. In the process FT will go into meltdown and Rudkin's current status as the messiah will long be forgotten about.

As things are at present, I for one would be delighted if this were the outcome 

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

It's called man management. The lad is clearly lacking confidence and BR is trying to get the best out of him. You can choose to 'respect' it or not but as fans we should show support to any Leicester player when they pull on the shirt. From what I've seen in pre season so far he has improved elements to his game but whether he can show it in a competitive game or not, we will soon find out. 

So that's assuming Kelechi Iheanacho reads the Leicester Mercury and then sees the "man management" he's received by Brendan Rodgers backed up through quotes to the press, ok....

Still not adding up to me, and I'll never respect a player simply because they throw on a Leicester shirt, not too keen on that style of nationalistic support. 

Really pleased you're reporting signs of improvement, but still, currently, I respect him as a player that needs to secure his position within the team during a competitive game. 

47 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Surely you respect him because he’s a human, when you have an inability to show respect to someone it says more about your character than anything else.

I'm writing about football on a football forum about a football player, do I really have to justify the moral and ethical details of respecting somebody as human? I just consider that default. 

I'll let my emotions pour out on here when I respect him as a good footballer for Leicester. 

Edited by Danny Clender
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

So that's assuming Kelechi Iheanacho reads the Leicester Mercury and then sees the "man management" he's received by Brendan Rodgers backed up through quotes to the press, ok....

Still not adding up to me, and I'll never respect a player simply because they throw on a Leicester shirt, not too keen on that style of nationalistic support. 

Really pleased you're reporting signs of improvement, but still, currently, I respect him as a player that needs to secure his position within the team during a competitive game. 

The only way he can force his way into the first team is to prove himself during training and pre season matches. He's done that this pre season, which clearly you didn't know. Now whether he can carry this over into the season is yet unknown. 

Your comments and use of the word respect are pretty odd to be honest so we will leave it at that. 

• Haha 1

He’s a massive confidence player but he really has to get over that if he’s going to succeed at this level. If he misses an easy chance or makes a bad error early in the game or since coming on, his heads gone and he struggles. He has talent and can finish, we’ve all seen that he just needs to brush aside his errors and misses and move on to the next chance, that would be easier for him if the crowd didn’t boo or get on his back. 

Leicester Assistant Coach Davies Backs Iheanacho To Shine In New Season

IMG_20190728_102712.jpg?w=1242&ssl=1

Leicester City assistant coach, Chris Davies, believes Kelechi Iheanacho can be a resourceful player for the club in the EPL next season after the forward netted a brace in Saturday’s pre-season friendly 2-2 draw at Rotherham United, reports Completesports.com.

Iheanacho has bounced back from a difficult spell last season, scoring three goals in his last two games for the Foxes.

A delighted Davies also heaps plaudits on the former Manchester City player who was omitted from Nigeria’s squad to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt due to his poor club form.

“(I’m) Very pleased,” Davies said after Saturday’s game at the New York Stadium.

“Kel (Iheanacho) is a threat. He’s got a lot of attribute, (he’s) quick, strong, has a good technique, he’s a finisher, and it’s difficult.

“He’s playing second fiddle really to one of the Premier League’s best striker’s in Vards, so he has to be patient, he has to do his best to develop himself through training.

“He’s been doing that. He’s come back hungry and strong, he scored a hat-trick in a pre-season training game the other day and now he’s done that today.

“He scored two, he could have had more and to be fair the goals he did score, he took them very well. There are a couple more he could have scored but we need goals and it’s really promising.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

The only way he can force his way into the first team is to prove himself during training and pre season matches. He's done that this pre season, which clearly you didn't know. Now whether he can carry this over into the season is yet unknown. 

Your comments and use of the word respect are pretty odd to be honest so we will leave it at that. 

"Clearly" you're funny.
Like me missing his pre-season activity, which I haven't, is a blemish on my credibility, love it. 

"Clearly" you missed his pre-season activity last season, he did exactly the same mate.

Whether he can earn respect for being a good player for Leicester is the unknown and I'm certainly hoping he can.

Look how much fun he's having in the photo above, love him (as a human).

5 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Not really buying into this.

Since when did fans have to respect anything other than what they see in a competition game?

I mean, we can trust Brendan in his assessment, but that doesn't mean we have to respect the player because of a decent work out in training. 

So what should we do? Boo him every single time he comes on? He's wearing a Leicester shirt ffs. 

Sorry but your comment is really odd.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I have never understood booing a player. How can it possibly help either the player or the club?

Some have such a thick skull that this simple concept just bounce off their head. They boo and don't think about the consequences for the player and the team.

15 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

So what should we do? Boo him every single time he comes on? He's wearing a Leicester shirt ffs. 

Sorry but your comment is really odd.

Definitely don't boo him, that would be disrespectful. 

To answer your question, trust the manager.

Edited by Danny Clender

I'd love if he manages to take this current form in to the season early on. Get the doubters/harsh critics off his back and pretty much shut them up for the mean-time. 

As has been said many times, he's a confidence player which is great when there's high levels, terrible when it's at it's lowest. You could tell how much the pre-season goal meant to him against Cambridge to start with. 

I think it was @Facecloth that said it's a new season & new(ish) manager so why not give Kelechi a fresh start too? There's literally no harm in doing so and he definitely shouldn't be booed if he was to come on in any game early on this season coming up. Anyone booing him can be chucked out for all I care.

• Like 3

So far this pre season has showed that a loan to a lower league would do wonders for him, he can score against lower league, we already know that.

What rodgers will do when it comes to picking a player to play up front next time vardy isnt on the pitch is up to him my feeling is tho is perez is the desired #2.  Especially as he confirmed he sees him as a striker first and foremost.

Thought he looked really to be trying at Rotherham and a weight was lifted when he scored, and he got better and better after that. Yes missed a couple as well but was one of the first players to come over to visiting City fans and seems genuinely pleased with a good response. Didn't realise he is only 22 . 

Him or Gray?  No contest for me. Nacho everytime.

Might be worth fans really really getting behind him in a match just to see what happens - we might be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

Nacho needs his “moment” to win the fans over... coming on to bag a last minute or equaliser.

It’s easy to understand why fans generally groan when he comes on but it can all change very quickly. Many were largely ambivalent over Jamie Vardy for the longest time before he started clicking. 

And sometimes it’s just not meant to be. Every time I see Kramaric play for Croatia I find it hard to believe he’s the same player that showed glimpses but often looked lost for us. But he’s gone on to be a really good player. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1