Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iheanacho deserves respect for difficult Leicester City role, says Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Think he just had that moment.

And check out some of the embarrassing posts in this thread.

I’ve never really had it in for Iheanacho and he was draw dropingly impressive today when you take all circumstances into account.

But there’s a lot more behind the posts you refer to as “embarrassing” than one game, and it’ll take more than one game to disprove them, this guy was bought to the club for 30 million pounds let’s remember.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve never really had it in for Iheanacho and he was draw dropingly impressive today when you take all circumstances not account.

But there’s a lot more behind the posts you refer to as “embarrassing” than one game, and it’ll take more than one game to disprove them, let’s guy was bought to the club for 30 million pounds let’s remember.

They're embarrassing.

It's basically impossible for any striker to succeed here when we play one up top with Vardy, just as it has been at Spurs for the last few years. However well they play, they are not going to get a run of starts unless Vardy is injured, and then the weight of expectations is a lot heavier. I think the best we can hope for from our strikers behind Vardy is to come on and make a difference where possible - Ulloa did that well in 15/16, and hopefully Kelechi can chip in similarly at times this season - today was a great start. Also, 3 at the back really worked to nullify Vardy, so having Kelechi in there making runs off the last man really helped us create more chances - it's good to have another option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think iheanacho's future is playing instead of Perez.

He can do that role well and in time maybe Vardy's successor.

He can finish and he can create.

Not sure he's made for the harrying Perez does or the interplay with Ricardo down the right - Perez (generally) has a good first touch and can flick it round the corner well for Ricardo, and even when Perez is playing poorly we are a big threat down the right. I'm not sure Iheanacho would be that suited for that role - we'd have to change shape a little to have him up top with Vardy.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve never really had it in for Iheanacho and he was draw dropingly impressive today when you take all circumstances not account.

But there’s a lot more behind the posts you refer to as “embarrassing” than one game, and it’ll take more than one game to disprove them, this guy was bought to the club for 30 million pounds let’s remember.

OHHH MATRON

• Haha 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Horses for courses.

Simply fact of the matter is he’s got half a seasons worth of performances like today  to produce before you can call them out.

I can call them out because they show a complete lack of respect. The very thing BR says he deserves. He didn't set his transfer fee, and as others have said, playing second fiddle to Vardy is not easy. Yet some of our fans have shown a complete lack of understanding.

• Like 1

I've always thought that Nacho is a really good striker, just that he was low in confidence, today i thought he looked the player i thought (and have been told i'm clueless) that he is. That finish was absolute top drawer from a player that's had no game time, I hope we can keep him happy and that he takes the reigns from vardy.

31 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Think he just had that moment.

And check out some of the embarrassing posts in this thread.

You have to say it as you see it.

Let's be honest, some of his performances have been embarrassing.  It has seen him drop out the Nigeria squad, looking disinterested and he had become almost unselectable.  I despaired of him.

As one of his fiercest critics I also have to say it as I see it and congratulate him when he comes on grabs an assist and a winner and changes the game.  I'm delighted for him, I hope this is a sign of things to come.  

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I can call them out because they show a complete lack of respect. The very thing BR says he deserves. He didn't set his transfer fee, and as others have said, playing second fiddle to Vardy is not easy. Yet some of our fans have shown a complete lack of understanding.

Your transfer fee sets a expectation of performance level and the it’s not his fault he cost that argument doesn’t wash, his performances in general have been nowhere near good enough on the whole, todays an exception granted.

Respect with fans is earned, not given because the current manager demands it.

Don’t get me wrong this is FT, and yeah I’m sure if I went through the whole thread I’d struggle to to think “Christ embarrassing post” a few times but I get that with most threads to be honest. It’s more the timing of it more than anything. It’s knee jerk, He has not vindicated himself by any means. I’m genuinely interested to see what happens next with him now and he’s surely bought himself some more pitch time but I’m not going to to turn round to those that have called him an utter flop wrong.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

You have to say it as you see it.

Let's be honest, some of his performances have been embarrassing.  It has seen him drop out the Nigeria squad, looking disinterested and he had become almost unselectable.  I despaired of him.

As one of his fiercest critics I also have to say it as I see it and congratulate him when he comes on grabs an assist and a winner and changes the game.  I'm delighted for him, I hope this is a sign of things to come.  

I've no problem with people saying he's played badly in the past, which he has. But the distinct lack of respect and encouragement from some of our fans always bewilders me.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Your transfer fee sets a expectation of performance level and the it’s not his fault he cost that argument doesn’t wash, his performances in general have been nowhere near good enough on the whole, todays an exception granted.

Respect with fans is earned, not given because the current manager demands it.

Don’t get me wrong this is FT, and yeah I’m sure if I went through the whole thread I’d struggle to to think “Christ embarrassing post” a few times but I get that with most threads to be honest. It’s more the timing of it more than anything. It’s knee jerk, He has not vindicated himself by any means. I’m genuinely interested to see what happens next with him now and he’s surely bought himself some more pitch time but I’m not going to to turn round to those that have called him an utter flop wrong.

What about those that claimed he missed that chance against Man City last season on purpose? And those that booed him last season?

In the past few weeks, we’ve seen two players who were largely on the outs (Nacho and Gray) make decisive contributions as substitutes that assured points or secured victories. Happy days going in to the happiest season of all! 

If you look at his performances in the League Cup and today, Nacho has done well. Fingers crossed that he gets opportunities to prove his worth, and does so. We’re about to hit a fixture run that will provide those opportunities. 

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

What about those that claimed he missed that chance against Man City last season on purpose? And those that booed him last season?

I’ve not seen that in this thread but like I say it I’ve not read it all . They’d of been moronic before today’s performance and remain moronic after, so why bring it up now, it’s the timing I take issue with. You’re coming across as I told you so and he’s proven nothing. Well maybe not nothing, very little in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve not seen that in this thread but like I say it I’ve not read it all . They’d of been moronic before today’s performance and remain moronic after, so why bring it up now, it’s the timing I take issue with. You’re coming across as I told you so and he’s proven nothing. Well maybe not nothing, very little in the grand scheme of things.

It was in the post match thread for that particular match.

OK, maybe he still needs to earn the respect. But in the same token, he certainly doesn't deserve to be mocked and derided like some sort of clown figure.

37 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That’s shocking!

If I’d have seen that I would have called them out. I’ve never questioned his character, just his ability.

I’ll happily admit I have never been a fan, not even in his Man City days. Tonight he has shown ability, that I didn’t believe existed. I’d absolutely love it if he kicked on and found a way to adapt his game to suit us. I was so overjoyed with the goal for him, as much as us. 

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It was in the post match thread for that particular match.

OK, maybe he still needs to earn the respect. But in the same token, he certainly doesn't deserve to be mocked and derided like some sort of clown figure.

Well you know, you can’t really say some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing when the ones you’ve taken the biggest issue are elsewhere.

For what it’s worth I hope you are given reason to come back here in May and have a proper dig, it’s never quite worked for him here but there have been flashes here and at City that suggest he could really do a job In this league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

Not sure he's made for the harrying Perez does or the interplay with Ricardo down the right - Perez (generally) has a good first touch and can flick it round the corner well for Ricardo, and even when Perez is playing poorly we are a big threat down the right. I'm not sure Iheanacho would be that suited for that role - we'd have to change shape a little to have him up top with Vardy.

Yeah, when he subbed Perez for Nacho I said to my bro-in-law that at least if Perez was not playing his best, he'd still put a shift in, whilst Nacho wouldn't.

Pleased to be proved wrong. Obviously there's a quality player in there, I think he just needs motivation and to be correctly utilised.

• 1 year later...

Can be extremely frustrating at times. Offers nowhere near enough off the ball. What annoyed me tonight was when Barnes kept the ball from going out for a goal kick and knocked it back into the box but Nacho wasn’t within 10 yards of it. He needs to be busting a gut to get in the space on the off chance it will fall to him. Not like he has one of the best in the business at the club to learn from....

• Like 2