Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iheanacho deserves respect for difficult Leicester City role, says Brendan Rodgers

I think that's the final chance that Nacho deserves. He was really poor tonight, offered nothing, looks disinterested, possibly carrying a few llbs, and just never looks like he's going to score, or even be in the place to score.

Get rid in January please!

• Like 1

I said ages ago in another thread get rid and someone laughed at me. I stand by it. He doesn’t do enough and doesn’t even hold the ball. People can talk about lack of creativity but it’s basics. We need another good striker because Vardy is 34 next month and sadly he ain’t gonna go on forever.

• Like 2

If the ball drops to him in the box I'd expect him to score 7 times out of 10. He has shown he can link up with other people at times and occasionally he will bundle his way to an assist or goal like he did in the first couple of Europa games. He is everything that is wrong with most of our players, looks nothing like a footballer at times. We can definitely do better, even as a reserve striker. 

I will say though, if you can't create something for yourself then you're barely getting any chances to score in this team. 

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Poor tonight but he was feeding of scraps all night 

He was feeding off scraps because he didn't make the runs into space or show for the ball ..... we had plenty of possession in attacking midfield areas, the reason they rarely came to anything was the lack of options ahead of them.

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Poor tonight but he was feeding of scraps all night 

No he bloody wasn't. Seem plenty of the ball and had enough into him to make something. He was poor simple as. That cross in the box by Under where only Barnes was in the box. Where the hell was he? 

Edited by hejammy

He played tonight like a second striker. As mentioned by a few others, he simply didnt have the desire to get in dangerous areas. 

I noticed one moment where he dropped deep to get the ball, layed it off to the full back but just jogged towards the box.. I couldnt understand why he wouldnt have the desire to get back into position for any scraps that would come off the cross. 

Perhaps its harder for him to switch up his roles when vardy isnt on the pitch with him 

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, baldeagle said:

My point exactly add to that Under who is definitely a talent but trying to hard who could have passed a couple of times and Barnes caught in two minds 

if it wasn't for a good block he scores as well, I don't know what people are expecting Vardy done absolutely nothing against Fulham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's awful, I reckon I have more pace than him & I'm 69 with a hip replacement. He has been here now for about 4 years & has shown no improvement, yet people stick up for him as if he is the new Lionel Messi. Unbelievable the stick Chilwell got & Gray gets yet he is treated like some kind of God

18 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No he bloody wasn't. Seem plenty of the ball and had enough into him to make something. He was poor simple as. That cross in the box by Under where only Barnes was in the box. Where the hell was he? 

If you count balls lofted  up to him and expecting him to hold it up when it’s not his game then you could be right . Of if you count Wilf , Hamza or Dennis as creative players then you could be right  . He was making  runs half the night that the others didn’t even see . Then add in Under  who is a real talent but trying too hard and could have passed to him on numerous occasions but decided to shoot wildly  or then got crowded out then you could be right  . As for the the one pass that Under put that  Barnes nearly got in  that’s all Barnes did most the night and you want to blame him for not being there . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

If you count balls lofted  up to him and expecting him to hold it up when it’s not his game then you could be right . Of if you count Wilf , Hamza or Dennis as creative players then you could be right  . He was making  runs half the night that the others didn’t even see . Then add in Under  who is a real talent but trying too hard and could have passed to him on numerous occasions but decided to shoot wildly  or then got crowded out then you could be right  . As for the the one pass that Under put that  Barnes nearly got in  that’s all Barnes did most the night and you want to blame him for not being there . 

I think you're missing the point. I'm not saying Barnes was better, but at least he was there. Nacho seems to be away with the fairies a lot of the time not really knowing what to do. He was poor today. Not many people will justify his lack of contribution today like you have. Perhaps there is a reason for that. 

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Madness that Perez didn’t even get on the pitch yet again. It was like playing with 10 men with Iheanacho. Perez would have at least offered us a bit more movement.

I'm surprised Perez didn't come on for Barnes. Agree he'd have offered us more movement but don't think Perez would have worked as a lone striker either. 

• Like 1