Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iheanacho deserves respect for difficult Leicester City role, says Brendan Rodgers

I remember him doing well in last season's pre-season and then went on to have a semi decent start to the campaign. 

Scoring 4 goals in training is ok but the defenders aren't going to be tackling and as physical as they would be in the Prem. Saying that, someone's got to put them away so it's good that he's building a bit of confidence. 

Well if he’s top class in training, it’ll be up to BR to bring that confidence back to first team appearances.

Good luck Nacho and Brendan - hope it works out for you both.

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Guest MattP

From those quotes it looks like Perez up front if Vardy gets injured. 

He might be trying to keep his confidence up but I don't think we'll be seeing too much of him this season thankfully.

I think barnes...albrighton and ayoze are the wingers. ..any 2 to start.

What is the destiny of gray... ghezzel?

One of... Ndiddy pappy or hamza to make up mf with youri at front of diamond.   That gives us cover for injuries and to sub on

We need to send king & james on loan. Silva must be sold

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

From those quotes it looks like Perez up front if Vardy gets injured. 

He might be trying to keep his confidence up but I don't think we'll be seeing too much of him this season thankfully.

I thought the same. It's not exactly a glowing endorsement is it? It reads a bit like he won't be playing unless both Vards and Perez are injured and if he does get picked then he should try not to **** it up too much. 

When a manager talks about how decent a guy is in training, that's usually a good sign that he's nowhere near the first team. 

He's never really been that bad in the sense of looking like a genuinely bad footballer. Confidence has been extremely low and decision making impacted accordingly. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him do well again at some point either with us or another top flight club.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Clever bit of Man management from Rodgers here. Trying to boost Kels confidence whilst also trying to get the fans on his side and stop match day grumbles every time Kelechi is brought on. 

Never agreed with anything but a cheer when bringing players on. 

Quite right :appl:

Interesting to hear this. For me Nacho seems like one of the biggest examples of a confidence player I've ever seen. Even in the last friendly once he scored he looked completely revitalised and was very unfortunate not to score another.

I would suggest giving him the Barnes treatment. Loan him out to the Championship or Celtic / Rangers for 6 months or a season to find his form again and give him another try. He really is a bit of a mystery because for as crap as he has been, there are definitely elements to his game that are very good.

As it stands I have a feeling Nacho might end up being like Kramaric who ends up being pretty good, but at an older age and probably for a different club and maybe even different league. I reckon he would do well in France for example.

it is a bit of a longshot but I could still see him doing well for us, but he would need a streak of goals to boost his confidence. The best he has been for us was at the back end of Puel's first season where he was really good, including that stunner against Spurs. At the same time those just want him sold and replaced I can very much understand why!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting to hear this. For me Nacho seems like one of the biggest examples of a confidence player I've ever seen. Even in the last friendly once he scored he looked completely revitalised and was very unfortunate not to score another.

I would suggest giving him the Barnes treatment. Loan him out to the Championship or Celtic / Rangers for 6 months or a season to find his form again and give him another try. He really is a bit of a mystery because for as crap as he has been, there are definitely elements to his game that are very good.

As it stands I have a feeling Nacho might end up being like Kramaric who ends up being pretty good, but at an older age and probably for a different club and maybe even different league. I reckon he would do well in France for example.

it is a bit of a longshot but I could still see him doing well for us, but he would need a streak of goals to boost his confidence. The best he has been for us was at the back end of Puel's first season where he was really good, including that stunner against Spurs. At the same time those just want him sold and replaced I can very much understand why!

Genuine question, what are the elements of his game that you think are very good?

• Like 2