Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
napster

Layton Ndukwu

12 minutes ago, napster said:

Apparently Southend my team are set to sign a Leicester winger on loan. The talk is that it's Layton Ndukwu. Any comments on this lad?

At the start of last season he looked ready to be given a chance in the first team in my opinion. Not to start week in week out in the PL, but some cameos in the cup atleast. Puel loved promoting youth and Layton looked next in line, especially when you consider the poor form of Ghezzal, Gray & Diabate at the time.

Then he got a bad injury and was out for months. Hasn't really looked the same since, but I think a loan is a good deal for all parties. You get a promising young talent and Layton gets to experience mens football.

Great news. The kid has a lot of potential. But needs to be tested outside the u23s. 

I'm looking forward to the possible Knight-Ndukwu league one derby in four matches time. I hope Layton gets in the team. Posh already highly rate Knight.

Guest MattP

Watched him a couple of times and never saw the hype, bang average in almost everything he did.

Will be interested to see how he goes.

didn't he feature in pre season for us? If its the same player im thinking he looked quite good, definitely has the capabilities just needs some proper game time should do you lot fine.

edit: its not im thinking of someone else lol 

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 hours ago, napster said:

Apparently Southend my team are set to sign a Leicester winger on loan. The talk is that it's Layton Ndukwu. Any comments on this lad?

Its about bloody time he got a loan out to play some proper football. Would have probably happened back in January but he got injured, really hope he can go and prove himself as he is genuinely talented 

Can play on his left and right foot scored some amazing goals and is  extremely talented also top goal scorer England under 17s. Give this boy a chance and what a footballer!!! He needs to play big mans football to progress 

9 hours ago, napster said:

Right now, he isn't quite good enough to be a regular substitute in the Prem. I believe he has the athleticism and skill to look like a strong player in League One against the lesser sides (quite possibly even dominate when 2H rolls around), and will be a solid player even against the better sides to line up alongside Simon Cox if he's still there. He had a side from the 2nd tier of football in the Netherlands after him pretty hard about a year and a half ago I want to say, club called De Graafschap, IDK much about 'em though. I will say he and Callum Wright were class on our u23s last season, I just do not know how that league compares in terms of physicality to League One, so normal cautions re a 5-foot-10 20-year-old having a learning curve playing against grown-ass men ready to introduce him to what it means to play against real adults.  

Last wing we had out on loan who couldn't make our squad was Harvey Barnes (last season), he went to West Brom and was one of the best players in the Championship until we pulled him back in the Jan 2019 window. Fingers crossed he is able to give you that sort of performance. 

On 05/08/2019 at 16:14, napster said:

Extremely gifted with bags of natural talent. Can beat a man at ease with quick feet and technically can score goals from anywhere.

He's the type of player that on his day would cut it in the Premier League so at your level he could shred teams apart. 

As others has mentioned, he seems to be struggling with actually breaking through although he's been injured quite a bit and we now have an unbelievable squad.

Southend are quite attacking arnt they? Do you need him to fit into a system? If so he might struggle as he's always seemed to be bit of a show pony to me which is great if you've  got the players that compliment that... at the very minimum you'll have a luxury sub that is capable of changing any game at that level...

Edited by Collymore

32 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Extremely gifted with bags of natural talent. Can beat a man at ease with quick feet and technically can score goals from anywhere.

He's the type of player that on his day would cut it in the Premier League so at your level he could shred teams apart. 

As others has mentioned, he seems to be struggling with actually breaking through although he's been injured quite a bit and we now have an unbelievable squad.

Southend are quite attacking arnt they? Do you need him to fit into a system? If so he might struggle as he's always seemed to be bit of a show pony to me which is great if you've  got the players that compliment that... at the very minimum you'll have a luxury sub that is capable of changing any game at that level...

I’ve never quite gotten the hype. I’ve watched him for the 23s and the friendlies and I’d say he’d be out of his depth in the premier league. Be interesting how he gets on with the loan move anyway.