Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How Many Signings Will We Make Today?

How many signings will we make today?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings will we make today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/08/19 at 16:08

Just now, HankMarvin said:

net spend +2m before Praet deal

King Power. 

Run by successful business people. 

Low costs and overheads = Good. 

Spunking random big money = Bad. 

God, just because we recouped 80million by having Man Utd by the pants, doesn't mean that we should just throw it all away because of hysteria. 

5 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

King Power. 

God, just because we recouped 80million by having Man Utd by the pants, doesn't mean that we should just throw it all away because of hysteria. 

who said its hysteria, the 30-50 winger thread was opened long before the maguire fee was confirmed 

As others have posted no point in throwing money around just because we have it, we have an ongoing project to build sustainably and YT has been a wonderful signing this summer. By Xmas it will be clear whether Soyuncu and Benkovic are at the level we need and we can react in January as required. Any club could have an injury crisis but we should have enough depth to cope. Will be a very tough competition to be ‘best of the rest’ this season but our squad is on the right trajectory, significantly stronger than this time last year overall and not too far from net spend equal. Selling on a couple more players to European market in next couple of weeks will make January even more likely for us to do further business. Great job all round I think. 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

who said its hysteria, the 30-50 winger thread was opened long before the maguire fee was confirmed 

Well why make a big fuching deal about us not signing Sarr then? 

There's a thread about buying a winger, great. 

There were individual threads for the main 3 CB we've been after with Ake, Dunk and Tarkowski before the Maguire deal was sorted. 

Didn't get any of them either. 

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Is that because other clubs look at us now and are going "Hey... Maguire money" 

33 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sar didn't go 4 a ridiculous amount 

29 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

To another club, who paid the asking price they were given. Doesn't mean that they didn't quote us a premium. 

It's all guess work, but I'm not currently bothered by the sheer fact I'm not panicking excessively because we didn't sign every single available player in the window. 

26 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Watford not exactly peasants though are they..TV money plus Richarlison 35m last year

22 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

And we've already spunked out about  100m ourselves so far.

30 Perez, 40 Tilly, 10 Justin and possibly 20 for Praet. 

Maybe there's just a limit in how much we'd actually like to spend. 

18 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

net spend +2m before Praet deal

15 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

King Power. 

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

3 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Well why make a big fuching deal about us not signing Sarr then? 

There's a thread about buying a winger, great. 

There were individual threads for the main 3 CB we've been after with Ake, Dunk and Tarkowski before the Maguire deal was sorted. 

Didn't get any of them either. 

Where is the big deal? You do realise how a forum works right?

Can't wait for Transfer Section to be closed now.

It's so hard not to get hyped by the "ITK's". Fall for it every window unfortunately!

I know we are going to get the same 'Just passing on what I know and things don't always go as plan' but geez it's frustrating!

I blame myself though so no blame on the ITKs lol Some genuinely get good info that doesn't always happen and some just love the attention! 

Let the fun begin again in January! :sweating:

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It's so hard not to get hyped by the "ITK's". Fall for it every window unfortunately!

I know we are going to get the same 'Just passing on what I know and things don't always go as plan' but geez it's frustrating!

I blame myself though so no blame on the ITKs lol Some genuinely get good info that doesn't always happen and some just love the attention! 

Dont forget free agents 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

To be fair this window had two amazing ITK's:

@Ashley and @osvaldo both gave us top tips with Perez and a frigging picture of Tielemans on the plane!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Where is the big deal? You do realise how a forum works right?

I do. It's a place of discussion and also at times arguments of different points. 

Now if you want a run through I'll do it step by step if you'd like. 

1: I asked Abrasive if the deals weren't being done because of the money we got from the maguire deal is making other clubs hike the prices up. He practically confirmed it. 

2: You came in with with a counter that another player rumoured to be a target went for a reasonable price. 

3: I then relayed that we have already spent a fuch ton of money on players already. And probably didn't want to spend anymore. 

4: You brought up net spend, as if we should still just spend money, just because we have some again. 

5: Then I explained again that just because we have money, doesn't mean we have to spend it considering we've already spent a lot of it and the market is no longer decent due to ourselves also inflating the market. That's the hysteria. We have the money, now spend. Doing business right for ourselves. 

6: You then highlighted the winger thread to say that we're potentially looking at one. 

7: I countered that we also had 3 threads about Centrebacks to also highlight that we were also interested in those signings too. 

8: And now you're asking what the big deal is... Which is, we didn't get Sarr. There was no need to be belligerent in the first place. 

24 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I believed @Babylon all along :whistle:

This is a very interesting debate to be had

we will never know how hard we were trying to get more players in, what our budget really was but as fans, we can only judge what is in the pudding - that’s a likely nett spend of around 15 mill

tune back in for January’s instalment .....

5 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I do. It's a place of discussion and also at times arguments of different points. 

Now if you want a run through I'll do it step by step if you'd like. 

1: I asked Abrasive if the deals weren't being done because of the money we got from the maguire deal is making other clubs hike the prices up. He practically confirmed it. 

2: You came in with with a counter that another player rumoured to be a target went for a reasonable price. 

3: I then relayed that we have already spent a fuch ton of money on players already. And probably didn't want to spend anymore. 

4: You brought up net spend, as if we should still just spend money, just because we have some again. 

5: Then I explained again that just because we have money, doesn't mean we have to spend it considering we've already spent a lot of it and the market is no longer decent due to ourselves also inflating the market. That's the hysteria. We have the money, now spend. Doing business right for ourselves. 

6: You then highlighted the winger thread to say that we're potentially looking at one. 

7: I countered that we also had 3 threads about Centrebacks to also highlight that we were also interested in those signings too. 

8: And now you're asking what the big deal is... Which is, we didn't get Sarr. There was no need to be belligerent in the first place

Strange that you say belligerent you're the one that needs to swear in your posts, & obviously have an issue with people disagreeing with you.

For me I’m gonna go along with Babylon and ignore stuff from supposedly ITK’s from now on. if ITK’s can’t say who were rumoured to sign then you’re better off not knowing and better for them not saying owt.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Strange that you say belligerent you're the one that needs to swear in your posts, & obviously have an issue with people disagreeing with you.

I just swear alot. And? 

I'm not the one with an issue that we didn't sign Sarr BTW. 

Just now, LC/FC said:

I just swear alot. And? 

I'm not the one with an issue that we didn't sign Sarr BTW. 

Its quite ironic that you call someone belligerent when you "Swear a lot" and feel the need to express it in text, do you have the painters in?

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Its quite ironic that you call someone belligerent when you "Swear a lot" and feel the need to express it in text, do you have the painters in?

It's ironic that you've not understood it takes 2 to tango, so you're just as bad as I am. 

Just because I say fuch, shit and a bunch of naughty words, doesn't make me belligerent. Uncouth perhaps, but belligerent? Don't think so because I've never used it directly at a person. It's most decorative. 

Also finally... Do you even have a point about Sarr being bought up by Watford for a few that we didn't want to pay? 

Because, if you're not answering that, you win the belligerent crown mate.