Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet - Finally Signed!

8 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Good video to show his qualities and playing style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMoNh6IO3eA

Me like the look of him a lot. Excellent at operating in tight spaces, great balance.

He is like a weeble (wobble but they don’t fall down) sneaking out with the ball, setting the pass for the creator. He look like he is on a turntable!

Could really help with recycling, making that underrated pass to Tielemans (bro), Maddison, Barnes, etc...

Very positive vid, thank you :thumbup:

11 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Can anyone care to inform me how good he is? I don't really follow Serie A.

According to Chris Sutton he would not make the bench for Celtic's reserves.

• Haha 1

Just watched a youtube vid on him.... holy fck how the hell did lee congerton get him for 18m!! At his prime age. He screams maddison-esk. Going to make a killing on him. Fingers crossed he adapts to the PL.

12 hours ago, Aesc said:

We are gonna make loads of chances with this midfield. So many chances. We're gonna be spoilt for chances.

I saw a stat somewhere that we created the sixth most chances in the league during 2018-19. More than Arsenal. 

Just need to convert them! Perez should help with that. More confident with him than the likes of Nacho...

Edited by HitchinFox
  • Like 1

Seeing that Rodgers is bound to opt for a 4-3-3, does this mean Hamza will more likely be put on the bench?

Schmeichel

Ricardo Pereira

Evans

Söyüncü

Chilwell

Tielemans (holding)

Maddison (attacking, centre)

Praet (holding)

Albrighton/Gray

Vardy

Perez

We may be lacking a bit of physical presence in midfield, though. Neither Tielemans nor Praet are big tacklers.

I would be amazed if Ndidi isn't starting most games. I expect Maddison may be asked to play on the left hand side of a narrow front three with Vardy and Perez with Chilwell and Ricardo expected to provide nearly all the width. I also noticed in a youtube video of Praet that he tends to drift out to the right hand side of the pitch alot.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

I would be amazed if Ndidi isn't starting most games. I expect Maddison may be asked to play on the left hand side of a narrow front three with Vardy and Perez with Chilwell and Ricardo expected to provide nearly all the width. I also noticed in a youtube video of Praet that he tends to drift out to the right hand side of the pitch alot.. 

Works for me. Means we won‘t be playing proper wingers, maybe just one, but rather find strength in a very creative midfield.

Totally forgot about Ndidi.lol

15 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

A little but rough but something like this is what I would expect once all the players are settled in.

lineup.png

I would be very surprised if Praet starts on Sunday however.

Might be pushing it seeing Ndidii ....also

15 minutes ago, TazzerFox said:

A little but rough but something like this is what I would expect once all the players are settled in.

lineup.png

I would be very surprised if Praet starts on Sunday however.

I hate seeing Maddison operate from wide areas, not only is he shit at it, it's a waste of his talent. 

If that's the personnel you play the diamond, Maddison sits centrally at 10 or even a false nine and Vardy and Perez alternate giving you width by running the channels whichever side play is down, with the other cutting across centrally to be the target. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I hate seeing Maddison operate from wide areas, not only is he shit at it, it's a waste of his talent. 

If that's the personnel you play the diamond, Maddison sits centrally at 10 or even a false nine and Vardy and Perez alternate giving you width by running the channels whichever side play is down, with the other cutting across centrally to be the target. 

See, I actually like with this formation*, but I think such diagrams are way too simplistic.

* 4-3-3 of some form, but Imagine the players will have a sphere of responsibility, rather than a formative position.

For me, Ayoze plays slightly wider to the right, and slightly further forward

Maddison is not wide, but is roaming across the sub forward line, also coming to receive from both Youri and Dennis/Choudhury

Vardy is slightly further to the left.

Maybe swap Tielemans and Praet's positions

The positions of both Tielemans and Praet (Choudhury) are also more roaming, with the intention of Tielemans to break foward to link with all the front 3

Tielemans is also capable of providing some cover to the right too, as Praet is to the left.

Praet (Choudhury) will also be able to roam, but prime task will be recycling to keep the press going.

:scarf:

From everything I've read he sounds exciting but I'll wait until I've actually seen him play before I write him down as a first team starter. I certainly don't think he'll be replacing Perez, maddison or Tielemans - who are prem tried and tested and ideal for us - which means he's fighting for the Albrighton/Barnes/Hamza/Gray spot. My biggest concern was Eden De Bruyne's comment about him being slow. Our game is all about speed and the press so it'll be interesting to see if he can do that.

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Off the top of my head, wingers signed in the Premier league over the last two seasons:

- Mahrez. 60m.
- Shaqiri. 12m
- Elynoussi. 18m
- Jahanbaksh. 18m
- Ghezzal. 12.5m

- Bernard. Free.

- Felipe Anderson. 35m

- Richarlison. 25m

- Pepe 70m.

- Trossard. 24m.

- Iwobi. 28m.

- Sarr 36m.

A lot of these players have turned out to be very average indeed, and the good ones have generally been the expensive ones. Listen I would personally have LOVED to have seen a top quality wide man here. Vardy is my favourite player, but good god was Riyad Mahrez one of my favourite ever LCFC players to watch. He was an absolute joy to watch raid down that right wing and his touch, technique and goals superb.

It could well be a mistake not to sign a winger, but I'm merely suggesting a possible reason why we decided to prioritise Praet over a winger. We shall see if it turns out to be a good move or not!

I agree. Mahrez is a special player and one that is hard to replace for us. He is not Messi of course, but it is like Barca losing Messi one day and Barca manager saying that he cannot be replaced - that would not be strange at all.  Maguire on the other hand is replaceable.

Edited by Tom12345