Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet - Finally Signed!

7 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Can anyone care to inform me how good he is? I don't really follow Serie A.

Think his shooting needs development but his tracking back, tackling and distribution is pretty decent. He's not a star player, but he is a team player.

*Just seen the graphic - I'd agree with all of that.

• Thanks 1

Talk is that he is a goal scoring threat but his goal scoring record isn't great. Pity as we could do with another Mahrez type who can come up with 15 goals a season.

It's looking more and more like Gray is going to be joining Andy King on the outside looking in with probably Mendy and Silva for company in the reserves or as the seniors in the U23. It's looking more like Albrighton is going to be looking over his shoulder for game time to. Its an already crowded midfield with Ndidi and Tielemans bolts on and Choudhary and Maddison in the mix for regular starts.

We sure have a crowded middle of the park. Praet seems to be the great hope to replace Maddison who is always under speculation of an impending departure.

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But if he doesn't flop we don't have to worry about renewing his contract for a while just to make sure we get a decent fee should he do a Kante/Mahrez/Maguire on us

My concern with that is that contracts mean nothing to players, Maguire signed one last summer and then he was (or his agent) pushing for a move which we couldn't turn down. I'm not sure contracts this length, especially for a squad player, are good business for the club. 

1 hour ago, lfu said:

I think Prat but with a glottal stop before the T (so something like Praa'at if you draw the syllable out)

No in Dutch the "e" after the "a" just means you have to double the "a", so it's Praat, with the "aa" sounding like the doctor wants to have a look in your troat and you have to say "aa". That's the best I can come up with :)

I have been looking for an English word with that sound in, but I think in most English words the "a" doesn't sound like a dutch "a" :)

Anyway good signing, he's a quality player.

Not as good as Tielemans, but still great.

Hope Belgian TV will broadcast more LCFC games now, because i'll be watching :)

Edit: why even try to explain? Here he pronounces his own name at the start, the last few minutes show his skills at age 17 and he only got better, but played at a different position in Italy, making him even more versatile...

Edited by Najoko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest Cujek
1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

5 year contract, bit excessive if you ask me. He's not going to be the first name on the team sheet and if he flops he will be on big wages for a number of years. OBVIOUSLY I hope he smashes it but we've been burned before.

U wot mate... 

Seriously, give the guy a chance

Now then..does this mean that...

Ndidi style DM, May not anylonger be 1st Set up..??

Just trying to visuelles front 5..Variante

,.............Ndidi

Tielemans  Praet

Maddison

Perez.......Vardy

Or no Ndidi and more front foot...

Tielemans.....Praet

Maddison

Perez     Vardy.      Albrighton

With other quality Permatations Plan A,B, und C,are now there for Brendan, to use to his desire, advantages & Choice.

I Doubt since, Gillies,  probably even  never that City have ever had a comparitive group of Quality First 1-18 Choice players...

If Gray & Nacho also hit their cracks, we will hit some pretty Good heights!!!

Makes your Mouth water....

or create system,Team character,based in rotation!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

How is his surname pronounced?
Is it Pray-ett, Pree-att, Pratt, Preet etc.?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

All I've heard all day is Pratt

1 hour ago, davieG said:
#AnnouncePraet #Reunited [It's pronounced "PRART" apparently]

1 hour ago, psychonaut said:

Pronounced like ‘heart’ but with a ‘P’. For Leicester folk its like saying Prat but in a posh accent. It most definitely isnt just Prat! 

Edit:basically what you said 😄

45 minutes ago, Najoko said:

No in Dutch the "e" after the "a" just means you have to double the "a", so it's Praat, with the "aa" sounding like the doctor wants to have a look in your troat and you have to say "aa". That's the best I can come up with :)

I have been looking for an English word with that sound in, but I think in most English words the "a" doesn't sound like a dutch "a" :)

I've been told it's pretty much PRART but he'll probably advise the club, who give out a pronunciation list to the press on matchdays

Then again, that list last season had CHAG-LAR as how to say Soyuncu's first name even though the player himself on a video says CHAR LAR