Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet - Finally Signed!

Didn't really notice him when I was at the ground, but on the highlights he actually did a lot of very good work. Great touch, a nice tackle (ooh err!), forward passing, running everywhere to get involved. He seems to make things happen, and that can only be a good thing.

I think he will start against the Blades.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

Admittedly, I didn’t focus on him during the match today. After watching highlights as suggested above, I think he’ll be an improvement on Hamza - whose a great player, don’t get it wrong - but somewhat limited with the ball at his feet. 

Edited by UPinCarolina

Definite upgrade on Hamza and Silva/ Mendy. He oozed class and wasn't beaten in any tackles that I saw. As soon as he'd' won the ball, it was a quick look up and a sharp accurate forward pass to get us on the front foot. If we play with that tempo from the second half we will blow away most teams. BIG IF though:scarf:

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wilf and Youri can’t play every game ......I think we will see a bit more rotation than we have become used to. 

They shouldn't play together ever unless it's a game where we're flat-out conceding 70% of the ball to a clearly superior side and trying to survive and steal one on a counter.  i.e. Man City or Liverpool.  That, or when Choudhury is a late sub when we're protecting a lead.

silva looked a disaster in his first few games , it was obvious he was not good enough , even if the blind didn’t want to to see it , this lad is different he can play he will settle in and he has energy and a high tempo to his play , Rodgers likes those sorts , I think this lad could be a hell of a bargain 

• Like 1

Considering he was chucked in to a frantic game with end to end chances, I thought he seemed to be up to speed almost instantly. As others pointed out, nice tackles, passes and general closing down, seems to have the right work ethic to nail a starting spot in the not too distant future. A midfield 4 of Ndidi in front of back 4, Tielemans & Praet with Maddison just in front, cant think of a better midfield in the league bar maybe Man City. 

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think depending on the opposition he will be alternating with Choudhury. Hamza v big sides, Praet when we can get away with more attacking intent. 

This would indicate we are still going to play Maddison on the left regardless of the opposition and no Barnes or Albrighton? Maddison and Youri need to be back central together pulling the strings.

• Like 2

Although they do important defensive work, i think we'll struggle to unlock defences with Ndidi and Choudury both in the team. Can understand us setting up with them both against the better teams but Praet really played well when he came on yesterday and we put some good moves together, I'd start him next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

He did nothing and looked slow - but that was to be expected.

I know football is all about opinions but i'm flabbergasted by this FIF. Just shows how differently fans view games at times, I was hugely impressed with him and thought he was quick with his decisions and used the ball evry well, none more so than a sliding interception that looked to put Chelsea on the attack and he snuffed it out and immediately set up an attack for us.

• Like 1