Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet - Finally Signed!

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Dennis Praet's Journey To King Power Stadium
FIRST TEAM
Published 4 mins ago
2 MinutesReading time
Born in 1994 in the picturesque town of Leuven, Dennis Praet is a full Belgium international who has been a virtual ever-present for Sampdoria in Serie A over the past three seasons.
BySamuel Stevens

Back when he was as young as five-years-old, Dennis started his football journey at the SJV Motbroek academy, before heading to Stade Leuven, which later became Oud-Heverlee Leuven.

The aspiring attacking midfielder's early years where spent at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium, the home of OHL, where his raw talent and tenacious personality shone through immediately.

Naturally, his abilities alerted the attention of other clubs and, in 2003, shortly before his 10th birthday, Dennis moved to the province of Limburg to join Jupiler Pro League side KRC Genk.

PA-17783378.jpg
Praet believes Youri Tielemans' presence will help him settle quickly at Leicester City.

Over the course of his seven years with the four-time Belgian champions, newspaper reports suggested clubs such as Arsenal, FC Barcelona, Ajax and Lille were monitoring his progress.

However, it was in fact RSC Anderlecht, the country's most successful club, who were able to persuade Praet to leave Genk and pursue his football aspirations in Brussels.

A year after joining Paars-wit, in 2011, Dennis made his senior debut following a standout performance at the AEGON Future Cup in Amsterdam, where he won the Player of the Tournament award.

Expand photo Recognition in his homeland
The midfielder won the Belgian Golden Shoe Award in 2014 after his impressive performances for Anderlecht.

His maiden appearance was a 4-0 Croky Cup victory against Lommel United and Praet marked the occasion by offering a glimpse into the future by laying on two assists for his team-mates.

He quickly became a regular for Anderlecht. In 2014, he also scored the third goal of a 3-1 win in the Jupiler Pro League Play-Off win over Lokeren to seal the club's 33rd Belgian league title success.

That feat in part contributed to Praet receiving the prestigious Belgian Golden Shoe award, a prize which rewards the best footballer in the country's top tier, voted for by journalists and ex-players.

I will miss Praet. He is one of the best midfielders in Italy.

Eusebio Di Francesco Sampdoria Manager
Over Dennis' six seasons at Anderlecht, he played alongside Youri Tielemans and found the net 27 times over 182 appearances, winning three Pro League titles and as many Belgian Super Cups.

Praet expanded his horizons and embraced a change in culture in 2016 when he completed a transfer to join Serie A side U.C. Sampdoria, who would come to rely heavily on his services.

Across the three years since, Praet has developed a reputation in Italy as a player who runs at defenders with intent, selflessly searching for a team-mate in pursuit of goals. 

Expand photo Scoring in Italy
The Belgian netted four Serie A goals for Sampdoria, helping them finish ninth last term.

Dennis made 106 outings for I Blucerchiati and was recently described by his manager, Eusebio Di Francesco, as 'one of the best midfielders in Italy'.

The 25-year-old has represented his nation at six different youth levels, from Under-15s to Under-21s, making 240 appearances for club and country combined.

On Thursday, Praet took the latest step on his journey, signing a five-year contract with Leicester City to become the Club's fourth summer arrival. 

Slightly revisionist...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Some real Neves vibes about him... helps explain his stats... he’s the pre assist guy...

Pre assist guys are essential and very underrated. 

I think you can also put Albrighton in that category. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Pre assist guys are essential and very underrated. 

I think you can also put Albrighton in that category. 

In the sense that as we watch his perfect cross float past no one we then marvel in the two or three passes put together on the right wing to play it to the edge of the box for someone to rifle in ;) 

just kidding... I love Marc! 

• Haha 2

To be honest doesn’t fill me with much excitement, looks similar to Silva in style, looks like a player destined for big things but hasn’t really done much. 

A big positive is that he will hopefully keep our absolute quality signing Tielemans happy and easier to settle. I can see Barnes keeping Praet out the the side if he (Barnes) fulfills his potential 

2 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

My concern with that is that contracts mean nothing to players, Maguire signed one last summer and then he was (or his agent) pushing for a move which we couldn't turn down. I'm not sure contracts this length, especially for a squad player, are good business for the club. 

Of course contracts mean nothing to players, in terms of duration anyway. The length of the contract does nothing more than protect the club. 

Do you think if Maguire hadn't signed a new deal we'd have got £80m (or £85m)? 

Likely his new contract would have included a higher loyalty bonus to stop him handing in a transfer request, keeping us in a strong position.

Contracts protect clubs more than people think. 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Pr-art? 

Like fart?

But with a pr?

Welcome Dennis!

More like the upmarket  halls of Oxford,  Prat...I speak flemmish/Dutch..,But to help...

https://forvo.com/word/praet/

Majority of English are Deaf to slight Variations of slight accentation in Flemish/Dutch(Chinese of europe)

Thats Why many keep their English Accent ,unless they learn young..

Also Germans got caught out...Schiphol...a Often used password, in WWII also further in the past...

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Impressive.

If he’s regularly as good as that for us we’re going to be some force.

Infact if he, Tielemans and Maddison light it up together I’ll have a boner that’ll dig up the pavement.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1