Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

15 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sounds to me like the club, along with in-depth viability studies that are now complete, will submit a full planning application rather than an initial outline app to the council over coming weeks. 'If' those new elevated camera platforms are for next season then it would suggest the club have held informal chats with the planners who have given an informal nod for them to submit a full detailed application for the whole site + stadium redevelopment. It would also mean that TOP could cut the ribbons on the new training facility and get jcb's working on the stadium redevelopment the very next day given the planning process length. We all know the funds are available. Would be very clever, and very efficient. *many variables I know.

I shall call you Mr Optimistic from now on. :P

PS of course you could be correct.:scarf:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sounds to me like the club, along with in-depth viability studies that are now complete, will submit a full planning application rather than an initial outline app to the council over coming weeks. 'If' those new elevated camera platforms are for next season then it would suggest the club have held informal chats with the planners who have given an informal nod for them to submit a full detailed application for the whole site + stadium redevelopment. It would also mean that TOP could cut the ribbons on the new training facility and get jcb's working on the stadium redevelopment the very next day given the planning process length. We all know the funds are available. Would be very clever, and very efficient. *many variables I know.

Planning application is very close to being submitted. :scarf:

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I shall call you Mr Optimistic from now on. :P

PS of course you could be correct.:scarf:

Very rare that I'm optimistic 🤔😂

I'd love to see an east stand where the roof corners curve into the level of the kop/family stand respectively so that when we do the stadium fully the main stand mirrors the east stand (a bit like the etihad stadium). Nice sleek curves, good design with 100% integration with main stadium. Lush 👌.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Can we campaign for a decicated Moaning area?

We all ready have one, its called foxestalk. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Will there be any disruption to the newt community? 

Don't know about newts but there was an issue with bats when the stadium was built. Something about keeping the floodlights inside so as not to disorientate the critters. 

13 hours ago, TWUKO said:

It will be interesting to see how they access that camera gantry. They have to go to the top of the steps on the east stand at the minute, but the executive boxes are in the west so it would need to run the rull length of the west stand with access in the kop or family stand or both. Seems a bit odd when you could incorporate it into a new stand? Unless it's for automated cameras and not commentators and cameras?

A ladder?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I like where the cameras are now as you don't get to see much of the away fans. 

Still, I suppose they'll be able to see themselves on the telly.

Well if the original plans and rumours are correct you wont see much of them. 

Think along the lines of Manchester City new away end. Cutting them into two tiers will stop any atmosphere they try to get going. 

At least you'll see L Block and some* of the ground Standing... should the new camera gantry be a thing. 

I sincerely hope this sports brand agency commissioned to come up with the stadium strategy will come up with better than 'stick a tier on top the east stand like Cardiff did'

I'd prefer a year out at the Ricoh and see all three sides rebuilt. I just don't see Susan Whelan and Top doing stuff in the quick and on the cheap. It's not their MO

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I sincerely hope this sports brand agency commissioned to come up with the stadium strategy will come up with better than 'stick a tier on top the east stand like Cardiff did'

I'd prefer a year out at the Ricoh and see all three sides rebuilt. I just don't see Susan Whelan and Top doing stuff in the quick and on the cheap. It's not their MO

No way do I want to share with Cov😙