Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

2 hours ago, Winsum said:

They have had five years , Tottenham rebuilt their ground in this time, Everton are now 

moving forward on their new development . Liverpool have expanded their stadium in this time

frame

There is no communication on this , just speculation , the club needs to communicate with

the fans on the way forward The family stand is now becoming an issue because of this

Tottenham was well over 10 years in planning and preparation, Everton have been trying since 2004. Are you mental?

Here is one of their early plans but there was another before it on the Albert docks that I can’t find at the moment.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kirkby_Project

Here we are, found it.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/club/bramley-moore/

It's the dream that appeared to have died a painful death when Everton's plans to relocate to the King's Dock collapsed in 2004 – namely, a new stadium on the banks of the royal blue Mersey. While the site that was eventually taken by the Echo Arena would have been a perfect spot for the Toffees' new ground, the club have ambitious plans at the next best available waterfront location, two miles to the north at Bramley-Moore Dock.

First steps

In November 2007, Tottenham announced plans to expand White Hart Lane to a 52,000-seater capacity with Emirates Stadium mastermind Tony Winterbottom the man in charge.

These plans would see Spurs vacate White Hart Lane for two years, with Wembley Stadium or even a ground share with West Ham at Upton Park suggested.

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 4

Just now, Strokes said:

Tottenham was well over 10 years in planning and preparation, Everton have been trying since 2004. Are you mental?

Should be getting all planning and approvals done within a week… bloody amateurs :ph34r:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People seem desperate to finding negatives, since 2014/15 we have had the journey of a life time, just enjoy it. 

We could show ambition and sign Harry Kane. Club is a shambles, sad.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I’m afraid a large number of people only see in black and white. Expand = gooood, Don’t Expand =  Baaaaad.

The detail and shades of shades of grey in between, like you know, financing the actual stadium, planning permission issues, the fact we are in a pandemic and losing money had over fist seem pass some people by.

They’d be the first moaning about not signing a player because most of our disposable income is tied up in infrastructure projects.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m afraid a large number of people only see in black and white. Expand = gooood, Don’t Expand =  Baaaaad.

The detail and shades of shades of grey in between, like you know, financing the actual stadium, planning permission issues, the fact we are in a pandemic and losing money had over fist seem pass some people by.

They’d be the first moaning about not signing a player because most of our disposable income is tied up in infrastructure projects.

We’ll never make any progress if we consider all that shit.

Chop the roof off the east stand and corners and whack another stand on the top. Job done, end of. 

Edited by Strokes

1 minute ago, Plastik Man said:

Despite the silence things are still progressing in the background. 

The stadium expansion should be completed by the 2023-24 season. Maybe a bit longer for the rest of the development. Should still include an arena, retail, and some accomodation.

We just need to be a little patient.

The topic went hot I had to look.

I also dont think that stadium expansion is exactly a priority right now. I want to see us develop us much as any fan, but we have some on the field issues to fix before we can focus on such a huge project. We’re coming out of the most devastating financial year for most clubs commercially, and us biding our time, maybe putting the expansion off for another 18 months or so is not the worst idea. It will happen, I have no doubt, but also if there’s no news what do you want to hear? 

24 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Despite the silence things are still progressing in the background. 

The stadium expansion should be completed by the 2023-24 season. Maybe a bit longer for the rest of the development. Should still include an arena, retail, and some accomodation.

We just need to be a little patient.

Another 2 years for another 9,600 seats. Lets hope we're still able to attract them by then...

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I also dont think that stadium expansion is exactly a priority right now. I want to see us develop us much as any fan, but we have some on the field issues to fix before we can focus on such a huge project. We’re coming out of the most devastating financial year for most clubs commercially, and us biding our time, maybe putting the expansion off for another 18 months or so is not the worst idea. It will happen, I have no doubt, but also if there’s no news what do you want to hear? 

But whilst fans aren't going to games, better to do it now, rather than limiting the attendance when they do?

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People seem desperate to finding negatives, since 2014/15 we have had the journey of a life time, just enjoy it. 

Yes but it could have been in a 40k seater stadium.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Global pandemic has forced fans out of stadiums for over a year, clubs around the world are in financial disarray, some have even gone under. Others, like Tottenham, built stadiums just before and are now majorly hit by the debt. 

If you're still screaming for a stadium expansion with that in mind you're nuts. 

I was thinking the exact same thing 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Speaking of the stadium… bye bye pitch!

They'll be selling pieces of King Power turf in the Fanstore by Friday.  You'll have to pay a premium for the square from which Vardy scored from against Liverpool in 2016! 

Just now, Heymister2015 said:

Why do they go to so much effort when the pitch is perfect already! Surely just needs aerating and feed

Probably isn't as perfect as we see it, pretty sure earlier in the year you could see it getting quite easily cut up and looked pretty bare in certain areas of the pitch

• Like 3