Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

I just hope we’re keeping a close eye on what’s happened to Arsenal and Tottenham after their stadium builds, as well as the inevitable farce Everton are going to have. Yes it’s just a stand rebuild/extension but we need to be very, very careful and sensible about it, so that it doesn’t affect our finances and ability to recruit and compete like it has others. 

Then again we have the best owners in the world so I’m sure I’m just worrying over nothing. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I just hope we’re keeping a close eye on what’s happened to Arsenal and Tottenham after their stadium builds, as well as the inevitable farce Everton are going to have. Yes it’s just a stand rebuild/extension but we need to be very, very careful and sensible about it, so that it doesn’t affect our finances and ability to recruit and compete like it has others. 

Then again we have the best owners in the world so I’m sure I’m just worrying over nothing. 

Unfortunately for Spurs the pandemic absolutely snookered them otherwise they would be making enough to satisfy the development (fortunately for us though).

I’d like to think the owners are just waiting for the post pandemic world/economy to balance out so the development can be economically justifiable.

• Like 1

Considering they have 3 years from approval to starting to build, especially as they could start on one of the 'minor' extra builds to set it up as a permanent approval  I don't think it's the pandemic that's holding it up now more like getting the extra land etc and reassessing the layouts and justifications.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Considering they have 3 years from approval to starting to build, especially as they could start on one of the 'minor' extra builds to set it up as a permanent approval  I don't think it's the pandemic that's holding it up now more like getting the extra land etc and reassessing the layouts and justifications.

That too, there’s probably all sorts that result in some delays.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's probably a long shot, but I'm hoping Leicester gets an ice hockey team to play at the possible new arena. I would absolutely love that.

yes, and Kabaddi

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's probably a long shot, but I'm hoping Leicester gets an ice hockey team to play at the possible new arena. I would absolutely love that.

great suggestion!

1 hour ago, Focks said:

yes, and Kabaddi

Used to love watching kabaddi on channel 4 on a Saturday morning!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get   More regular Muay Thai/ MMA events..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Drove by today and that long industrial building  next to the ground is still in use . Thought i read somewhere we were buying in  January of this year .:dunno:

I serviced the fire alarm in there around November or December and they told me they were preparing to vacate around March/April.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

great suggestion!

Used to love watching kabaddi on channel 4 on a Saturday morning!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get   More regular Muay Thai/ MMA events..

Lots of money in Esports now. Not sure if Fuchs still has his fifa team.

5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

It won't be as hard to kill someone with a zambroni then. Good idea. 

The build will be fine and materials will be fine too, it's just the thought of inflation that's driving prices up.

In any case after the Eon land deal is signed (if not all ready) then Top can announce it happily in front of the world with the planning officers blessing (subject to conditions).

I have a feeling that the engineering will be the tricky point here and a new site entrance needs to come off of the ring road pretty much centred on the land parcel I.e. Eon far corner to the railway boundary. Highway approval might be a nightmare with all sorts of constraints and public highway works. 

On the proposed site plan that someone did, I didn't like the horseshoe shaped hotel as it was too near the stadium as well as blocking some of the new building from general traffic coming down the road past the college and it wasn't an aesthetically good idea which is why I'd keep the side to the left (e.on) to the left of the new entrance clear for parking and maybe a big single story swankey starbucks or something, again this would be to reduce the height of the view of the new building so that every man and his dog can see it. 

This would help to give the entertainment venue its own parking and singular feel. 

I also didn't like that ridiculous travelodge in the rear corner with nowhere near enough parking to gain approval. 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

10 hours ago, UHDrive said:

The build will be fine and materials will be fine too, it's just the thought of inflation that's driving prices up.

In any case after the Eon land deal is signed (if not all ready) then Top can announce it happily in front of the world with the planning officers blessing (subject to conditions).

I have a feeling that the engineering will be the tricky point here and a new site entrance needs to come off of the ring road pretty much centred on the land parcel I.e. Eon far corner to the railway boundary. Highway approval might be a nightmare with all sorts of constraints and public highway works. 

On the proposed site plan that someone did, I didn't like the horseshoe shaped hotel as it was too near the stadium as well as blocking some of the new building from general traffic coming down the road past the college and it wasn't an aesthetically good idea which is why I'd keep the side to the left (e.on) to the left of the new entrance clear for parking and maybe a big single story swankey starbucks or something, again this would be to reduce the height of the view of the new building so that every man and his dog can see it. 

This would help to give the entertainment venue its own parking and singular feel. 

I also didn't like that ridiculous travelodge in the rear corner with nowhere near enough parking to gain approval. 

What plans are these? Can they be viewed somewhere?

11 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Hmm sounds a little loike you know what you are talking about.... I wont be avin that...

BIN - Roy Hodgson | Meme Generator

Now... back to talking about how the new beer concession will earn us 2 Billion $$

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

Disclaimer: I didn't do it!

Screenshot_20210602-132101_Google.jpg

They need to buy all the industrial units across the road and then get the Council to close off Raw Dykes from Aylestone Road, like they've done for Bonners Lane at the Demontfort Uni  and make the vehicle access from Upperton Road :scarf:

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

They need to buy all the industrial units across the road and then get the Council to close off Raw Dykes from Aylestone Road, like they've done for Bonners Lane at the Demontfort Uni  and make the vehicle access from Upperton Road :scarf:

👍. More than likely though they'd close the ring road and use that one way loop as a 2 way diversion (assume at night and weekends maybe)

On 13/08/2019 at 11:29, Corky said:

We'd go to Derby, I reckon. That would cater for the current capacity of home fans plus the usual amount of away supporters. Plus it is a direct train route, unlike to Coventry.

I doubt we'd move anyway, just that the stand in question wouldn't have a roof for a while.

If this was China , they would have it done in four months. Every project in this country(see Cross Rail) takes far longer than it should.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Looks like forest are going ahead with there development:-

image.thumb.png.6bcecd0f962a738547f42467921b0e40.png

Not wanting to derail the thread into general stadium developments, but this video outlines plans for new stands and stadiums (I guess some are more advanced in planning/build than others)

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Not wanting to derail the thread into general stadium developments, but this video outlines plans for new stands and stadiums (I guess some are more advanced in planning/build than others)

Seen this before but it's great when the robot voice says "leicester ceteee"