Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

Just now, jonthefox said:

I'm sure they said they haven't ruled that out. I sure they won't though.

I don’t think they will but the combined footprint would be massive. Perfect for building an arena, apartments, hotel and everything else to make it an excellent all year attraction mind you.

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Personally would love to see a dedicated mini stadium for reserves and women's games as seen with Manchester City. 

Did help Man City that it was mainly built for the commonwealth games.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not saying there is any links to us and it probably purely coicidence but I noticed the Citroen showroom is now empty too don't know if anyone else has noticed? Don't know how long it's been empty as i've hardly been near the stadium in the last 14 months, just noticed the other week.

Would/could be ideal for the club to do something with.

Just adding more speculation and putting it out there.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not saying there is any links to us and it probably purely coicidence but I noticed the Citroen showroom is now empty too don't know if anyone else has noticed? Don't know how long it's been empty as i've hardly been near the stadium in the last 14 months, just noticed the other week.

Would/could be ideal for the club to do something with.

Just adding more speculation and putting it out there.

Moved to Abbey Lane, be nice for us to acquire all the land round there and totally redevelop the entire area.

• Like 4

The training ground is a great addition but brings in no extra revenue or allows the fans who have waited

Years for a season ticket to watch a game.Over five years since the expansion was first muted is more than enough 

Time to move this forward. The pandemic had obviously caused a delay but there should now be a statement from

The club n the anticipated timeframe on this or whether it has been shelved

3 minutes ago, Winsum said:

anticipated timeframe

This is dependent on so many things outside their immediate control. If you've ever had to plan something, and this is a massive undertaking you'd know that there are all sorts of potential pitfalls along the way that you have to try and predict and line up alternative solutions. Every organisation involved in this type of project will have their own problems to overcome.

They have had five years , Tottenham rebuilt their ground in this time, Everton are now 

moving forward on their new development . Liverpool have expanded their stadium in this time

frame

There is no communication on this , just speculation , the club needs to communicate with

the fans on the way forward The family stand is now becoming an issue because of this

2 hours ago, Winsum said:

The lack of news or progress on the stadium expansion is showing a lack of ambition on the clubs part

Since winning the league in 2016 this has been a topic of conversation and mention of expenditure on

Plans in the clubs annual accounts

The club with a stadium holding only apprx 32,000 will never move from being looked upon other than a

small time club 

it is time now to either build or call time on this or make a statement giving a timeframe on completion

Are you an Ostrich?

:nigel:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Winsum said:

They have had five years , Tottenham rebuilt their ground in this time, Everton are now 

moving forward on their new development . Liverpool have expanded their stadium in this time

frame

There is no communication on this , just speculation , the club needs to communicate with

the fans on the way forward The family stand is now becoming an issue because of this

And as a consequence of the current pandemic are in financial meltdown.

The lack of news or progress on the stadium expansion is showing a lack of ambition on the clubs part

Since winning the league in 2016 this has been a topic of conversation and mention of expenditure on

The club with a stadium holding only apprx 32,000 will never move from being looked upon other than a

small time club 

it is time now to either build or call time on this or make a statement giving a timeframe on completion

Agree get your head out of the sand, and take a trip to the stadium looks like foundation work is in progress, anyone confirm.

Perhaps it’s taking time because they want to actually own the land they want before coming out with anything. Ie the citroen garage/AON. The seat garage and retail park next door would be incredible for the city of a large area like that was regenerated 

Just now, Always Next Year said:

Agree get your head out of the sand, and take a trip to the stadium looks like foundation work is in progress, anyone confirm.

Apparently there are stadium reduction works underway. We're going down to 20k. If we'd have qualified for the CL we'd be going up to 40k, but as we didn't the club has decided to reduce the capacity. Sad times :(

• Haha 3

small time club 

Bit harsh. Though it should be pointed out, that when/if the ground is increased, it might be when fans go back, could've done this over the last 12 months...

Also, EON on Raw Dykes Rd is dispanding? Buying that land could help boost the area for matchdays and other, with a multi-complex entertainment site, underground car park?

small time club 

Send a cheque to Top to cover the costs and I’m sure he’ll be more than happy to oblige.

• Haha 3