Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

If it’s  say 10k, everyone pays £35 for a ticket, 20 home games in a season plus additional match day revenue.. additional revenue from ground advertising because it’s reaching more people, club shop will be booming with extra shirt sales  scalfs et all. 

id say 10k extra seats could increase our budget by 40 million a season. That’s every season.. 

that could be huge.

No way does an extra 10k seats generate an extra £40million, not even close.

At £40 per ticket and 20 games, that's £8million per season, so where exactly are you getting the extra £32million from???

Add to that the fact that you've not factored in extra wages being paid out to cope with the extra 10k fans, extra running costs, extra wastage etc etc

Match day revenue actually doesn't account for much in this day and age. Having a bigger stadium isn't about generating extra revenue as such, it's about being seen as a bigger club and generating extra revenue through sponsorship - bigger teams get the better deals

Of course, and extra 10k seats and filling those with an extra 10k fans, does generate a little extra, but it would relatively be an insignificant amount

• Like 1

The club should look at temporary cafe's, & bars on the site whilst we wait for the expansion to happen. In newly developed areas of London they use crate's to house bars and independent shops. Would be great if done at a sports venue I think. Boxpark is a chain of them.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I can’t remember the capacity at Filbert Street, was it 21k? Seems crazy in hindsight that we originally only built to the current size and not 40k+

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It was a roundabout that capacity by the time we left due to the seating requirement following the Taylor report.

Although due to another Taylor we were unable to fill the 21k capacity by the time he left. :(

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lebleu said:

The club should look at temporary cafe's, & bars on the site whilst we wait for the expansion to happen. In newly developed areas of London they use crate's to house bars and independent shops. Would be great if done at a sports venue I think. Boxpark is a chain of them.

Been spoken at FCC meetings for years. UFS have beaten the drum about getting local beer and food down there.

Shame as the club I feel just want to wheel out Filbert and chuck up a bouncy castle and then is their eyes thats job done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Been spoken at FCC meetings for years. UFS have beaten the drum about getting local beer and food down there.

Shame as the club I feel just want to wheel out Filbert and chuck up a bouncy castle and then is their eyes thats job done.

UFS light years ahead as usual

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

At £40 per ticket and 20 games, that's £8million per season, so where exactly are you getting the extra £32million from???

Add to that the fact that you've not factored in extra wages being paid out to cope with the extra 10k fans, extra running costs, extra wastage etc etc

Match day revenue actually doesn't account for much in this day and age. Having a bigger stadium isn't about generating extra revenue as such, it's about being seen as a bigger club and generating extra revenue through sponsorship - bigger teams get the better deals

Of course, and extra 10k seats and filling those with an extra 10k fans, does generate a little extra, but it would relatively be an insignificant amount

if it’s really such an insignificant amount then why would the club spend the millions and millions in cost to do it? What would be the benefit?

3 hours ago, Sly said:

I can’t remember the capacity at Filbert Street, was it 21k? Seems crazy in hindsight that we originally only built to the current size and not 40k+

On the contrary, I think building the KP at only £32m looks like a stroke of hindsight genius. A 9k increase on Filbert Street, which we filled every week, was just about right IMO - We did fill it occasionally in the Championship and although our average attendance was lower than capacity, it was still higher than Filbert Street’s capacity. We’ve filled it every season we’ve been back up. 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

If it’s  say 10k, everyone pays £35 for a ticket, 20 home games in a season plus additional match day revenue.. additional revenue from ground advertising because it’s reaching more people, club shop will be booming with extra shirt sales  scalfs et all. 

id say 10k extra seats could increase our budget by 40 million a season. That’s every season.. 

that could be huge.

Christ! By that logic we are getting £120mil per season already on match day revenue. If only... 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

if it’s really such an insignificant amount then why would the club spend the millions and millions in cost to do it? What would be the benefit?

Prestige I would presume,coupled with keeping the growing fan base happy.This is such a delicate situation.I’m sure the club are mindful that most major ground  redevelopments usually end in strife.

• Like 3

Need to factor in the new East Stand won't be just about fan seats. It will house many lucrative executive suites and function rooms that will generate revenue. The TV gantry will be swapped to the West Stand so it will have a full on view that will be very attractive to advertisers. That will pull in more dosh than the rest of the stadium combined. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Need to factor in the new East Stand won't be just about fan seats. It will house many lucrative executive suites and function rooms that will generate revenue. The TV gantry will be swapped to the West Stand so it will have a full on view that will be very attractive to advertisers. That will pull in more dosh than the rest of the stadium combined. 

Seats in that stand will be big dough. It’s why I don’t think too many will move up into it from say paying way cheaper in the kop.

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

I can't see them (quite rightly) ever building over the memorial garden though and that's right on the SE corner. 

I've just had a look at the map and there is more than plenty of room between the SE corner and the memorial garden for expansion. You could double the radius of the corner and you wouldn't come close to the memorial garden.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

that could be huge.

There would have to be some serious inflating of the Hot Chocolate and Bovril prices to hit those numbers. Or a clapper tax....

12 hours ago, Collymore said:

It's actually a nightmare area to develop because you've lost space on 3 sides for potential expansion due to a river, a train line and an electricity sub station. These are 3 things that are there to stay no matter what you come up with. 

The sub-station will be needed within ten years just to cope with the 1000s of electric cars being plugged in pre-match lol

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Christ! By that logic we are getting £120mil per season already on match day revenue. If only... 

I think advertising and general club growth grow exponentially on the upwards curve the bigger the club gets

4 hours ago, MPH said:

The benefit was, although I don’t know about after the pandemic is over, that the more seats in a ground, the more you could spend under ffp rules. even if you didn’t sell out, a club could still demonstrate they had the potential to sell more tickets.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Think about the revenue from the indoor entertainment venue that they'll make, the added monies from corporate hospitality together with bars and cafes within the redevelopment.