Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Why do they go to so much effort when the pitch is perfect already! Surely just needs aerating and feed

Apparently it needs ‘revamping’ every few years. Rodgers wants it to be a lot quicker than it is now.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm sure you are right and the awarding winning ground staff don't have a clue........

Could save a lot of money if they just got greenthumb in,  I could pass on the number of a bloke I know who works for them if they’re interested. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danizen said:

They should cut it up into little bits and sell it in the club shop.

That pitch has been on some journey

You should join the club commercial team....definite opportunity they've missed there! (I'd have bought one anyway)

🤣👍

Sooooooo......is this actually happening then?

Wasn't it first announced in 2018 but we've had almost nothing from the club since?  With no evidence of planning permission and plots of land around the stadium still up for sale it's not looking good is it? :tumbleweed:

11 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Sooooooo......is this actually happening then?

Wasn't it first announced in 2018 but we've had almost nothing from the club since?  With no evidence of planning permission and plots of land around the stadium still up for sale it's not looking good is it? :tumbleweed:

The pandemic probably had a big say in the delay of this. 

It's not looking good only from a pessimist's point of view. A big change like this takes ages to get through, let alone with what happened in the last 14 months and income heavily decreasing in and around the club. 

I'm presuming the plots of sale around the stadium are just procedural? 

I cannot imagine any scenario where KP wouldn’t buy the plots  of land immediately adjacent to the ground. The cost is probably less than they spend buying us all brownies and clappers per season. If a piece of land next to your house became available for a tenner, wouldn’t you buy it, whether you needed it or not ? 

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

There is only one portion of the whole site development that we need to purchase for the progression of the planning application of the both the stadium redevelopment and the surrounding proposed infrastructure works and new indoor entertainment venue and parking etc. 

The building in question is the E.on building on the main roundabout going into the King power (whom last weak E.on released a statement saying they are vacating and selling the land). We will need to make significant highways adjustments. I assume KP have an agreement to buy out E.on which means that once that has been done (assume over the next few months) then the application can go in. 

For those doubting whether this will happen please don't. The club have already invested over £4M in architectural and engineering designs, details, reports, drawings and the applications etc themselves. With that level of spend I'd imagine that everything should be there or thereabouts. 

If it turns out anything like the previous plans I’ve seen then it’ll turn the place from somewhere where thousands visit once every 2 weeks to a place which will have frequent visitors every week!

So excited about how the area could look. I remember going down to the KP site whilst it was being built thinking how amazing it’ll look but this is a complete new level.

Cant wait to see what the final plans will look like!

• Like 2