Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know that west ham penalty helps us, but make me think of the De Bruyne hand ball that wasn't given because apparently he was allowed to protect his face.

Wasn't it mentioned around the time that protecting the face wasn't a fair reason for having hands/ arms there?

Just now, Corky said:

Wasn't it mentioned around the time that protecting the face wasn't a fair reason for having hands/ arms there?

So what's pogba doing? Neville saying now exactly what I said back then. Duck or take it full in the face, don't put your hands up.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So what's pogba doing? Neville saying now exactly what I said back then. Duck or take it full in the face, don't put your hands up.

You're right. I mean its obvious but you're right.

If that De Bruyne handball is vs Man United its given all day long and probably a red card too just to help them along.

On 23/07/2020 at 16:02, st albans fox said:

Surely pogba’s issue is that he is ducking and he has his hands above his head rather than In front of his face ??

AC4612D9-3C72-4531-8956-2BF5CB8E68E2.jpeg.66da9272f4524d212e721f2a2affd1b6.jpeg

De Bruyne moves his head to one side and his arms are to the side of his head, but apparently that's was allowed. Gary Neville got it spot on, you take the hit, or you move, you don't put your arms up. This and the De Bruyne incident are the same imo, and both should have been penalties.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

De Bruyne moves his head to one side and his arms are to the side of his head, but apparently that's was allowed. Gary Neville got it spot on, you take the hit, or you move, you don't put your arms up. This and the De Bruyne incident are the same imo, and both should have been penalties.

I never said the KDB wasn’t a pen .....it’s just that when you have your hands above your head when the ball strikes you then it’s much more difficult for var not to give it.

29 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just watched the highlights of the game and De Bruyne turns his head but his arms were clearly up. We conceded a penalty in the same game with a Praet handball which was less obvious than that as his arms were by his side. 

10 minutes ago, shailen said:

Just watched the highlights of the game and De Bruyne turns his head but his arms were clearly up. We conceded a penalty in the same game with a Praet handball which was less obvious than that as his arms were by his side. 

Can you please freeze those highlights when the ball strikes praets arm and post the image on here ???

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Which one is more obvious?? 

Praet-handball-32.thumb.jpg.c2a1a11561a67333a4134defe7a5935b.jpgimages.jpeg.a26e2f6781b6d1e7f61bff4931b7850f.jpeg

Ta - the only argument that I thought SP had at the time was did the ball flick off Laporte’s back on the way to KDB’s arm. If so, they use that as their excuse.  It was a ridiculous inconsistency at the time, called out by rodgers, and the media did run with it a little the next day but soon lost interest ...... both are handball where the non decision on the pitch should be over ruled - simple. 

• Like 1

What minute will Man U get a controversial VAR endorsed penalty I wonder? Let’s be honest, it’s going to happen. I actually think Man U aim to win them and actively set up plays to get a pen. Fast short passing in the box with the players on standby to take a drop off ANY contact felt. I’m thinking 92nd minute with us leading 2-1. 

Edited by funkyrobot

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

What minute will Man U get a controversial VAR endorsed penalty I wonder? Let’s be honest, it’s going to happen. I actually think Man U aim to win them and actively set up plays to get a pen. Fast short passing in the box with the players on standby to take a drop of ANY contact felt. I’m thinking 92nd minute with us leading 2-1. 

Or a deli alli like shot while someone dances kane like in front of kasper 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

im still wondering how we didnt get a penalty first half tbf, im sure if that was the other way then it would have been given

there is no way in hell they can say VAR has been a success this season as frankly it hasnt at all

It's not even been mentioned by the 'experts' has it? 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It's not even been mentioned by the 'experts' has it? 

of course it wont, like the others we've not been given this season, like the ones against Brighton, Chelsea, Man City.

lets not beat around the bush here, if it was a big 4/6 team you know theyd have been given, but cos its little old leicester they arent

also, looks like VAR/hawk-eye has helped villa stay in the league too after that gaff during the sheff utd game

15 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

of course it wont, like the others we've not been given this season, like the ones against Brighton, Chelsea, Man City.

lets not beat around the bush here, if it was a big 4/6 team you know theyd have been given, but cos its little old leicester they arent

also, looks like VAR/hawk-eye has helped villa stay in the league too after that gaff during the sheff utd game

Is anyone able to find a clip of it as Sky won't show it? 

15 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

They did show it during the 1st half. To be honest at the time I shouted penalty but after seeing it

back I don’t think it was.

One quick replay we got. Not even mentioned at half time. Not a chance to scrutinise in a way they would've had it been at the other end. 

4 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

MLS showing once again it isn't that hard to get it right. 

Yeah I don't mind that at all. It's quite straight forward that call. I think that's the kind of decision the VAR assistant can make by themselves though. 

Offside is offside regardless of distance/margins (under current rules). 

I guess the above clip shows it's not necessary to have lines in that instance but if 17 was a bit further back towards the defensive line it's gonna be a bit less clear.