Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

Friday, I thought he played quite well. Tried the right things, but due to lack of match fitness some passes were slightly over cooked or short, but the intention was correct. 

Corners were decent as well, we just didn’t attack them enough.

What he lacks is aggression and strength, but that’s not new and something that should have been picked up in the scouting. He doesn’t suit our system at the moment.

Edited by fox_favourite

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Friday, I thought he played quite well. Tried the right things, but due to lack of match fitness some passes were slightly over cooked or short, but the intention was correct. 

What he lacks is aggression and strength, but that’s not new and something that should have been picked up in the scouting. He doesn’t suit our system at the moment.

Aim high.....

He frustrates the hell out of me. He's clearly a talented footballer, probably one of the more talented (with the ball at his feet) in the squad. Seriously, he has really good feet. It's his brain I question.

He's not quick enough. He's always looking to do something clever rather than the simple thing. Wants the killer ball, to beat 3 defenders on the edge of the penalty area, the tricky backheel, the outside of foot flick. He just cannot play the simple, obvious ball. I can see why Rodgers sees the potential but time and again he fails to deliver. For me, he's out of time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

That killer pass at West Ham already consigned to irrelevance because it doesn't fit the narrative of 'he's shit'.

Doesn't do it enough, his return for what we paid isn't anywhere near good enough at a time where we have never had a proper right winger who could have made it difficult for him to get a game, yet despite that Rodgers pretty much stopped trusting him barely a year after paying massive money for him.

He has flashes of brilliance but like a chunk of this squad, his mentality let's him down. He doesn't seem to have that obsession with wanting to deliver and win games and dallies on the ball or brainlessly blazes a high proportion of chances over the bar. His final ball is poor too. 

Will go down as a mediocre to poor player here in a very successful era except for his final part of his contract and that says it all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Doesn't do it enough, his return for what we paid isn't anywhere near good enough at a time where we have never had a proper right winger who could have made it difficult for him to get a game, yet despite that Rodgers pretty much stopped trusting him barely a year after paying massive money for him.

He has flashes of brilliance but like a chunk of this squad, his mentality let's him down. He doesn't seem to have that obsession with wanting to deliver and win games and dallies on the ball or brainlessly blazes a high proportion of chances over the bar. His final ball is poor too. 

Will go down as a mediocre to poor player here in a very successful era except for his final part of his contract and that says it all.

All fair points Ric - however, my point was more 'here's evidence that contradicts - let's pretend it didn't happen, or was an aberration.'

Edited by HighPeakFox

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

All fair points Ric - however, my point was more 'here's evidence that contradicts - let's pretend it didn't happen, or was an aberration.'

What I do like about Perez is he has some teams that he does well against, like Nugent vs Ipswich. Perez vs West Ham and Southampton is staggering, look at his record for Newcastle and us. That's where I also get annoyed, I think he coasts.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He isn't half as bad as what people make out.

Decent performance at Liverpool despite the fact he's probably not match fit.

Eh? He's absolutely fvcking woeful. Get him out the club as soon as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of the many men that have earned much more than they should from the game thanks to Brendan Rodgers, it's no wonder he's so well liked.

Capable of rare moments of brilliance, but very rarely delivers and with far too much regularity he kills attacks by making basic errors like misplaced passes or a honking touch.

Seems like he's quite happy to have made a decent living from the game, think he's ready to go and enjoy his life back in Spain after this summer and who can blame him. 

12 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I think he's plenty aggressive. Strength? Doesn't play regularly enough to get seriously match fit. 

3 hours ago, Adster said:

Eh? He's absolutely fvcking woeful. Get him out the club as soon as possible. 

His stats are shite.  Stats aren't everything but I've seen him with my own eyes and they have confirmed to me at least that on this occasion the stats are absolutely bang on.  

Honestly wonder if we're all watching different games at times such are variances in opinions on one player.  

• Like 1

This thread makes me nostalgic for the days when Perez was our biggest problem.  The one rusty cog in our otherwise well oiled team.  

Those were the days.  Seems like years and years ago.

He doesn't even make the top ten of problems we have now.  

• Like 2