Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure I get this one!!!

It seems like a comparison that cannot be made, but I may have missed something. Hick was "...the great white hope" a formidable batsman against county bowlers. He was a run machine in County cricket, centuries and double hundreds time after time. He came up against International bowlers with genuine pace and it was clear to see he could not handle it.

No, that one is lost on me too..’🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No, that one is lost on me too..’🤔

Hick was always known as the flat track bully. Scored runs when there was little pressure, on good pitches, against weaker opposition. Perez only scores against Southampton. Maybe a somewhat tenuous analogy!

But my point on Perez is he simply goes missing when the chips are down. If we receive a decent offer, I'd take it without hesitation frankly

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Hick was always known as the flat track bully. Scored runs when there was little pressure, on good pitches, against weaker opposition. Perez only scores against Southampton. Maybe a somewhat tenuous analogy!

But my point on Perez is he simply goes missing when the chips are down. If we receive a decent offer, I'd take it without hesitation frankly

Damn I thought it was some American attempt at cockney rhyming slang.

Yeah it's easy to think he's actually class based on that game and the PSV away game but season before Jesus Christ id cringe everytime he was on team sheet. He's stepped up in big moments and he wasn't as much of a disaster than I expected, but it's time to go and good luck to him

18 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

People will have their opinions of Ayoze but I can’t help but think he maybe should had more minutes the season just gone.

Good enough squad player at the least for us, when used correctly.

Him and Ricardo seem to have a good understanding on that right. I think Perez control and neat footwork helps Ricardo a lot.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2022 at 22:55, Ian Nacho said:

People will have their opinions of Ayoze but I can’t help but think he maybe should had more minutes the season just gone.

By no means do I think he is the answer to all our prayers but we looked completely devoid of any ideas for some parts of the season and surely in those moments it would have been worthwhile to give him a go. My theory is that he must have some sort of appearance clause. 

On 26/05/2022 at 20:34, Ian Nacho said:

My theory is that he must have some sort of appearance clause. 

That would probably be what Bert was told about, with a slight misinterpretation, if it were the case. 

Please note - not a dig at @Bert whatsoever, just a more plausible explanation perhaps. It would also explain why the much touted £30m fee might not be all it sometimes seems. 

On 26/05/2022 at 20:34, Ian Nacho said:

By no means do I think he is the answer to all our prayers but we looked completely devoid of any ideas for some parts of the season and surely in those moments it would have been worthwhile to give him a go. My theory is that he must have some sort of appearance clause. 

Rodgers hinted that Perez had been having some injury issues when bringing him back for the end of the season.

19 minutes ago, brucey said:

Rodgers hinted that Perez had been having some injury issues when bringing him back for the end of the season.

He's also been out with illness over half a dozen times in the last year or so which is quite unusual.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's also been out with illness over half a dozen times in the last year or so which is quite unusual.

I mean, they were probably overcautious with anyone showing COVID symptoms. Since he wasn't starting, they probably told him to stay at home every time he got a cold/flu bug.

Perez is an enigma! we’ve all pillored him in the past when he’s not performed but there is a player in him as frustratingly inconsistent as he is. When he has showed up the things he’s done on the pitch are bloody good! On a good day he does have some skill, awareness and ability to score some good goals. At Newcastle he was a revelation but when he came to us it was a stop start situation. Maybe the pressure got to him. He’s certainly been playing more relaxed recently. I wonder if he wants to stay or go?

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Perez is an enigma! we’ve all pillored him in the past when he’s not performed but there is a player in him as frustratingly inconsistent as he is. When he has showed up the things he’s done on the pitch are bloody good! On a good day he does have some skill, awareness and ability to score some good goals. At Newcastle he was a revelation but when he came to us it was a stop start situation. Maybe the pressure got to him. He’s certainly been playing more relaxed recently. I wonder if he wants to stay or go?

he’ll  play a couple of blinders and then fade away. If he was more consistent he’d be a great asset.

a player that suits a certain style of play perhaps? maybe good where we're dominant, nevertheless, he had a season getting many minutes being played in diffrent positions unable to demonstrate why he should be number 1 choice.

I suspect we'd be happy to keep him on a lesser contact as a squad player, if he refuses we'll move him on

• Like 1

There’s still a player in there somewhere. Every so often, we’ll see it

Makes me think of Mike Bassett… take it out of your pocket and put it on the pitch!!

But Perez is SO inconsistent so you just can’t rely on him. Pretty much like the whole team this season though tbf 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How many times is that now that Perez has been missing through illness in the 3 years he's been here?

I'll do a search hang on

So thats 6 seperate illnesses in a year? 😳😳😳

Bugger, that's another fingernail he's chipped, I don't know how he copes!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

How many times is that now that Perez has been missing through illness in the 3 years he's been here?

I'll do a search hang on

So thats 6 seperate illnesses in a year? 😳😳😳

I swear it’s almost always at the same time as Hamza also. 

• Like 3