Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Only played 851 minutes all season, rough equivalent of 10 games.

8 goal contributions is too bad (3 goals and 5 assist) not to shabby.

He's one that with 5 subs next season may well get some additional gametime that he ordinarily wouldn't but he's one we'll look to move on as we simply have to move on 7-8 players if we want 4-5 in ourselves and the positions he plays seem to be the priority signings for us at RW and ACM.

Tricky one this. Lose on a free next summer, keep him on unreasonable wages and hope he can regain form, try and negotiate a fairer deal or try and sell at a cut price? 

Hard to see it ending well for us.

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I know I’ll get stick, but one of my favourite players. I value skill over effort. 

I know KDH is flavour of the month and I think he will become a top player, but his first touch is normally poor, his passing is iffy, but everyone salivates over him because he’s a local lad. He will come good, but was poor today, should have got hooked earlier. 

Perez is exceptionally talented, can be a bit light weight I accept, but once you fall foul of the SK1 / UFS toxic posters, you’ll get hounded out of the club. 

I wouldn’t go as far as saying he is one of my favourite players, but he is miles better than his reputation around here. Great off the ball, reads space very well, when he has confidence he is decent on the ball as well. Technically very good.

He’s had some pretty rough patches with us, but has also been unfairly scapegoated. I thought he was unfairly left out at times this season when he was playing well, and unfairly kept in the side in previous seasons when he wasn’t playing well. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Yesterday we played to his strengths. When you look at his game at Newcastle and even Tenerife he was such a good poacher and finisher when he's given good service. I still don't really know his best position but his instincts in front of goal is what Ayoze is all about in my opinion. 

Perez is a decent squad player who will see plenty of minutes next season with the (re-)introduction if 5 subs.

One part of his game that often gets overlooked is his intelligent positioning on the pitch. He occupies the space that forces the full-back to come further inside then they would like. This either creates space for our marauding full-backs to run into or nullifies the opponent's winger/wide-midfielder as an attacking threat.

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I know I’ll get stick, but one of my favourite players. I value skill over effort. 

I know KDH is flavour of the month and I think he will become a top player, but his first touch is normally poor, his passing is iffy, but everyone salivates over him because he’s a local lad. He will come good, but was poor today, should have got hooked earlier. 

Perez is exceptionally talented, can be a bit light weight I accept, but once you fall foul of the SK1 / UFS toxic posters, you’ll get hounded out of the club. 

I think Perez's issues here has been the lacklustre displays where his touch and passing is way off what we know he's capable of. Likewise we know he presses well and the stats have him as one of the best at winning the ball high up the pitch (or they were when he played regularly). He's not not getting picked by Rodgers because we give him dogs abuse on the Internet, he's not being picked because he's gone nearly 2 years not delivering. 

The irony is, he's possibly been a more reliable impact sub in a handful of games this season than he was the year before where he played more but it was the 2020/21 seasons poor performance that seems to have made Rodgers mind up.

• Like 2

Ayoze is a highly skilled player but lacks physicality. I really can't think of a PL team where that works. They found a way of protecting him at Newcastle largely through the formidable physical presence of Rondon. We just can't do that.

11 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Totally bizarre. Particularly given that area of the ground is forever signing chants about specific players. I don't think you be more wrong 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ayoze is a highly skilled player but lacks physicality. I really can't think of a PL team where that works. They found a way of protecting him at Newcastle largely through the formidable physical presence of Rondon. We just can't do that.

we have a number of players who lack upper body strength - doesn't eh training facility have a gym?  

45 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

we have a number of players who lack upper body strength - doesn't eh training facility have a gym?  

He just doesn't seem the type , he is what he is I'm afraid , too old to change now.

Perez seems like a nice guy, always pleasant about the city and fans on Twitter and the like.

But he's exactly the type of player we need rid of. Too soft and not one to get stuck in when we need a bit of grit. He always seemed to be on a different wavelength to the players around him as well.

Some great memories of his goals in the 9-0 and his role in the FA Cup final goal but time to go. Thanks for everything Ayoze.