Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’ll repeat what I put in the Chilwell thread, in terms of the history of LCFC we’re having one of the best seasons ever, and 3 much maligned players (Perez, Chilly and Barnes) who come in for most Criticism are all an integral part of our success so far this season, I’m sure players respond better when backed and supported by us rather than jeered and moaned at.

Your first sentence seems to be at odds with your second sentence? :unsure: Therefore this post is a non-sequitur. :nigel: 

I know people make the argument like they did with Okazaki about his importance off the ball rather than on it, but jesus christ. I could see Okazaki's importance off the ball and how he helped us tick, but can't bare to keep watching Perez. I'm hoping next season he's moved on or strictly backup and we buy an out and out winger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Left Ricardo so isolated several times in the first half. 

I'd be mega surprised if Rodgers didn't tell him to work harder to support Ricardo and if he has said it to him, then Perez needs a kick up the arse to do so. 

Villa clearly knew it was an area to focus on right from the start and we played right in to their hands. Ricardo is superb but there's seriously only so much he can do on his own when Targett and Grealish are running at him all game long.

As above, if you're not gonna contribute much to the position you're in, at least don't be a passenger for other people to pick up and carry. 

Yeah definitely looked like Perez had been asked to come more narrow in this match but it seemed like no one was then covering Ricky's back. Think I would have still preferred to have left him on as he is capable of linking the attack when we are around the opponent's box.