Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

3 hours ago, brucey said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayoze-perez-been-left-out-4772235.amp

Rodgers had been telling Perez why he was being omitted from the matchday squad: his team-mates were in good form and his performances needed greater intensity and aggression.

But after showing those attributes, and professionalism, in training, he was given his chance.

“His attitude and everything around his behaviour has been first class,” Rodgers said on Perez.

“We’ve been talking to him in terms of why he hadn’t been playing and he understands the team has been doing well. Cengo Under has come in and done very well, so that’s limited his game-time. Sometimes he hasn’t even made the bench but he’s kept up that aggression and quality in training, knowing that the chance would come.

“Today, we changed the system around at the top end of the field, and I thought he did very well.

“It’s a great finish, to manoeuvre his body and score. That will be great for his confidence.

“He was really aggressive in his game, and that’s one of the things I said to him. He has to play with that intensity and aggression, and when he does that, he’s a very good player.”

Perez was also selected ahead of Under and Harvey Barnes so that he, as a more natural midfielder than the other pair, could drop with Maddison, to join Youri Tielemans and Papy Mendy and outnumber the three-man Sheffield United midfield.

“We felt it was the time to put him in,” Rodgers said. “He’s been working very hard in training. His behaviour has been amazing, very professional. You saw the benefits of working well and being ready when he came in.

“We wanted him to come underneath in and link the game up, because they play with three midfield players. We had three in there, but him coming in there to make a fourth man was going to be important. I thought his all-around game was excellent.”

That cheers me up on several levels.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some times it is just great to hear the managers rationale, and the mentality of Ayoze must be very good to miss so many games, and then given his chance, he took it :thumbup:

Absolutely, and that he'd been told to be more aggressive in his game, which very much reflected what a lot of people found about him.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

In the same way, Nobody knows anything which Brendan or his coaches are telling the players. Everyone has an opinion based on what they see on a match day. Criticising Brendan for the set up and lacklustre performance (which I have done as well) is one thing and is understandable. However, when a player comes out the cold and does well, it’s ok to assume he/his coaches had a hand in that too. 

...the reason why Perez was out in the cold was because Rodgers put him there!!!

The reason why Rodgers put him there was because he was not getting the goal threat that he expected from him. Playing him wide right contributed to this. Imagine continuing to play Madders wide all the time, you are not going to get the best from him and he will then end up in a Perez situation, sat on the bench, waiting for the chance to play in the role that he excels in and are we then, to praise Rodgers for creating a situation all of his own making.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the reason why Perez was out in the cold was because Rodgers put him there!!!

The reason why Rodgers put him there was because he was not getting the goal threat that he expected from him. Playing him wide right contributed to this. Imagine continuing to play Madders wide all the time, you are not going to get the best from him and he will then end up in a Perez situation, sat on the bench, waiting for the chance to play in the role that he excels in and are we then, to praise Rodgers for creating a situation all of his own making.

With respect to you, that's absurd logic.

• Like 3

Well imagine that, a manager knows what he wants from his players and tells his players where they need to improve. Lo and behold, player gets their head down and reaps the rewards and praise, justified.

Hope he continues to work hard and give us, and Rodgers, what we want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Ok, sack him tomorrow. **** sake. It was a simply a comment that it SEEMED that the manager and coaching staff handled the situation well because of his reaction performance yesterday. Nothing to do with his role or where he was played previously, they kept him hungry which is credit to him and the players in the squad. However, Yes, the sensible thing is to sack him tomorrow.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why!!!

I think you mean 'why?' - I haven't worked out why everything is an exclamation with you yet :) 

Because you've basically decided that Rodgers is guilty of a managerial crime, and now you're fitting your scenario to that verdict after the fact.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Fair play to Perez he came in and did a job... but that’s what you need from your squad players... I don’t think I can ever get used to having a 30m squad player though... I’d rather sell him and nacho and get someone who is more in the Vardy mould. That’s not to say either are bad players but our system really is all about Vardy so it makes sense for us to buy someone similar to him...

We shouldn't go out looking for another

vardy or Mahrez, when they have gone,so has the character and style,

We look and prepare for the next totally different generation...But if it carries on like this our 2028 title legends will be be Albrighton, Schmeichel,Fuchs, Morgan, ,& Vaarrdy,with youngsters,

Madison,Tielemans &  Barnes, Soyu,

Holding firmly onto those trophies,with

Cliff Richard & Bocelli being backed by

Kasabian...in Vikky-park celebrations,

Rodgers gets a bucket of cold water over his head..from Boldies

Schmeichel & Fuchs...who never gets to see USA again,their wives & kids well educated with Broad Leicester accents..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

We shouldn't go out looking for another

vardy or Mahrez, when they have gone,so has the character and style,

We look and prepare for the next totally different generation...But if it carries on like this our 2028 title legends will be be Albrighton, Schmeichel,Fuchs, Morgan, ,& Vaarrdy,with youngsters,

Madison,Tielemans &  Barnes, Soyu,

Holding firmly onto those trophies,with

Cliff Richard & Bocelli being backed by

Kasabian...in Vikky-park celebrations,

Rodgers gets a bucket of cold water over his head..from Boldies

Schmeichel & Fuchs...who never gets to see USA again,their wives & kids well educated with Broad Leicester accents..

we just need someone with a bit of pace really who can play off the shoulder and find space. A striker in other words not just a forward.

Edited by MPH

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

we just need someone with a bit of pace really who can play off the shoulder and find space. A striker in other words not just a forward.

With your member name,    MPH.....I am sure you must be the Next guy Off the rank....lol

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Part II

Wheres Musa when you Need him...

Or convert Barnes...Might give him Motivation to Really push his talent forward....He takes a ball better than Nacho,hes got the build, but also a Good turn,

Flightly & Powerfull, then a Great first 10  yard sprint After potentially turning his man..Not The tallest,but also Not the smallest...

I'd  give it a try against AEK,with Nacho & Under his Frontline partners...Maybe..:dunno:

I remember..Stringfellow,Weller,Lineker ,taking the plunge & being successful converts

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Part II

Wheres Musa when you Need him...

Or convert Barnes...Might give him Motivation to Really push his talent forward....He takes a ball better than Nacho,hes got the build, but also a Good turn,

Flightly & Powerfull, then a Great first 10  yard sprint After potentially turning his man..Not The tallest,but also Not the smallest...

I'd  give it a try against AEK,with Nacho & Under his Frontline partners...Maybe..:dunno:

I remember..Stringfellow,Weller,Lineker ,taking the plunge & being successful converts

Does Barnes really have the goalscoring prowess  to be a main striker?

He’s  missed some absolute stinkers recently.  I think he’s got it in him to score more regularly . However to convert a misfiring winger to be your main striker doesn’t strike me as the smartest move to make! no offense! Besides, then we would need to buy another winger!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Does Barnes really have the goalscoring prowess  to be a main striker?

He’s  missed some absolute stinkers recently.  I think he’s got it in him to score more regularly . However to convert a misfiring winger to be your main striker doesn’t strike me as the smartest move to make! no offense! Besides, then we would need to buy another winger!

He has played often inside..& Not always as a winger...

18 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

His best goalscoring season for Newcastle was playing wide right. It's not even remotely close to playing Maddison wide, whose best contributions come from the centre. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

His best goalscoring season for Newcastle was playing wide right. It's not even remotely close to playing Maddison wide, whose best contributions come from the centre. 

...not too sure you understood my post!!!

The position played by Perez at Newcastle on paper showed as wide but he played off Rondon the main striker, in reality playing more centrally than stated on the team sheet.

For a long time the clamour has been for someone to come in to replace Perez as he is not a winger and needs to be played centrally.

The Maddison comparison is regarding Rodgers playing him out wide and that has been done numerous times and should he persists on doing so, will leave a player frustrated waiting for an opportunity to play in his central number 10 role. Playing Maddison wide only unbalances the team.

• Like 1