Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

He was our best player when on the field, though he still drifts in and out of games a bit too much. For me he has one really frustrating aspect to his play, he goes down way too easily. We play the ball into him and he cushions it, but then he just falls to the floor looking for a free kick. I know Maddison gets those all the time, but that's because he actually tries to turn with the ball! If he stood up and played the bounce pass or knocked it round the corner he would be much better.

But I'd give him an 8/10 today. Scored a goal, was dangerous many times and he won the ball in the final third many times. He works much better in this system than in the 4141.

I think people were pissed before kick off, because many expected him to play on the wing.

Thankfully Rodgers played him in his best position, as a number 10 behind the striker, his best performances for us have come when he’s played centrally, as seen again today.

When Perez plays at his best in that position, it’s like watching peak Shinji.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He's a good player and he played well.

Hard to slot him in into his best position but certainly useful to have around!

Can’t recall him ever stringing together even two quality performances like today’s though. That’s the problem with him. That and the fact that he will never be a winger.

Played well I thought, would like to see him in a more forward in a central Maddison type position, why take him off for Iheanacho though, he is awful at the minute and surely Barnes or Under would have been the better option.

Hey ho we won so who cares... :scarf:

Was good to see him in a more natural position today. Justin and Albrighton gave us our width against Sheff Utd so giving Perez and Maddison roving roles around Vardy suited him.

Edited by l444ry

50 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Credit to Brendan and the coaching staff. Perez has been out in the cold. He comes back today, not sulking but motivated to put in a performance and he did that. That is a hard skill.

..played him close to Vardy and more central!!!

He has always been set up to fail by Rodgers, time and time again. People have been asking for this for sometime, let us not start bigging up Rodgers for doing something that has been glaringly obvious to most.

Really pleased for him clearly has got talent, can find a pass and a goal always helps, I know sometimes he can be frustrating to watch. However agree looks effective more centrally and on this showing would like to see him back in the side.

54 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..played him close to Vardy and more central!!!

He has always been set up to fail by Rodgers, time and time again. People have been asking for this for sometime, let us not start bigging up Rodgers for doing something that has been glaringly obvious to most.

I’m just saying that Brendan and his coaches deserve a bit of credit for keeping a player out in the cold motivated - it’s a hard task. That’s all.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m just saying that Brendan and his coaches deserve a bit of credit for keeping a player out in the cold motivated - it’s a hard task. That’s all.

I suspect BR took him to one side and said I'm leaving you out for x number of games - go and work on y.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Nobody knows if he did lol

In the same way, Nobody knows anything which Brendan or his coaches are telling the players. Everyone has an opinion based on what they see on a match day. Criticising Brendan for the set up and lacklustre performance (which I have done as well) is one thing and is understandable. However, when a player comes out the cold and does well, it’s ok to assume he/his coaches had a hand in that too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

In the same way, Nobody knows anything which Brendan or his coaches are telling the players. Everyone has an opinion based on what they see on a match day. Criticising Brendan for the set up and lacklustre performance (which I have done as well) is one thing and is understandable. However, when a player comes out the cold and does well, it’s ok to assume he/his coaches had a hand in that too. 

Yeah sorry it just made me laugh. I don't get out much 

Needs to be at this level more consistently which we didn’t quite see last season, done well today and looked like he wanted to make a point! Didn’t kelechi come in from the cold not long before Christmas last year and start scoring? Perez turn this year 

• Like 2