Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't think he was that great last night, unsure really what position he was playing after the formation change, but he stills adds a different dimension to the side with the positions he takes up, and helped Justin have the space he needed on the right. 

That's what I felt as well. Perez generally has good link up play but sometimes he just plods along. Its more of a criticism of where he plays rather than the player himself.

I would like to try him as a false 9 when Vardy isn't available but that would require Albrighton not to play at all.

• Like 1

Really good game again I thought, that 25 minute spell in the first half where we tore through them had a lot to do with his movement of the ball, constantly taking up positions which gave Justin loads of room down the right. He will never be a 15 goal or 10 assist "Winger", but he is really smart in how he plays, presses well too. Has really come back to form since being left out.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

🤔

Perez was immense in that first half yesterday

I swear half of you aren’t watching the same game as me

:twitch: Nor me....

I'll have to change my Position on the Sofa....Watching footy & trying the Karma-sutra is getting somewhat difficult these days...

• Like 1

I'm half and half with Perez.

On the one hand, I can appreciate his pressing, his close skills and movement, how he opens up space for others (and definitely needs to be played as a false number 9 or support role). On the other, he frustrates me. So often he gets knocked over or loses possession cheaply.  And there are many situations where he seems to duck out of challenges, hold back, or simply not be as sharp or ruthless to a goal opportunity.  In this latter, I am comparing with how Vardy would have reacted ("if only that had been Vardy ..."), which I admit is unfair.

As always with him, some great technical play, and some poor/weak hold up play. 

He's definitely got something about him, in terms of ability, but he really needs to toughen up. 

Too many times, dispossessed, and looking up at the ref, wanting a free kick. 

Don't dislike him, but feel he's got to provide us with a bit more. 

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

I'm half and half with Perez.

On the one hand, I can appreciate his pressing, his close skills and movement, how he opens up space for others (and definitely needs to be played as a false number 9 or support role). On the other, he frustrates me. So often he gets knocked over or loses possession cheaply.  And there are many situations where he seems to duck out of challenges, hold back, or simply not be as sharp or ruthless to a goal opportunity.  In this latter, I am comparing with how Vardy would have reacted ("if only that had been Vardy ..."), which I admit is unfair.

Like Vardy hitting the post,or blasting side or over the top..:giggle:

Nobody,nothing can ever compare to Vardy,even his misses Border on the WTF moments..!!

Unique celebrations, Eagles, corner-flags quivering in fear,when he just Breezes by....

He was shocking in the first 20 mins; classic case of his lack of physicality. After that he was a different player with some very clever touches and movement.

Problem is with our set up is that those supporting Vardy have to be a threat constantly so drifting in and out of games at times (as most attacking midfielders/wingers do) is an issue. Basically you're allowing Vardy to not be involved at then get a goal or assist, so if you've got another playing you're having to carry at times, it's too much for the structure of the team.

Perez's numbers are decent but because of this, I feel that he needs to have truly excellent numbers for us to all accept him. It's why Barnes can be very wasteful and still an asset, as he's giving the opposition something to think about all game.

People seem to forget he was involved in the move for two goals and would have one himself without a good save from Ryan.

Goal 2) He's take down of the ball and pass to set JJ away for the cross from Vardy's goal was excellent.

Goal 3) He plays a great ball in to Vardy who lays it back to Maddison.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

People seem to forget he was involved in the move for two goals and would have one himself without a good save from Ryan.

Goal 2) He's take down of the ball and pass to set JJ away for the cross from Vardy's goal was excellent.

Goal 3) He plays a great ball in to Vardy who lays it back to Maddison.

Fully agree. Commented last night on that take down for the JJ pass ... ‘twas orgasmic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

He was shocking in the first 20 mins; classic case of his lack of physicality. After that he was a different player with some very clever touches and movement.

Problem is with our set up is that those supporting Vardy have to be a threat constantly so drifting in and out of games at times (as most attacking midfielders/wingers do) is an issue. Basically you're allowing Vardy to not be involved at then get a goal or assist, so if you've got another playing you're having to carry at times, it's too much for the structure of the team.

Perez's numbers are decent but because of this, I feel that he needs to have truly excellent numbers for us to all accept him. It's why Barnes can be very wasteful and still an asset, as he's giving the opposition something to think about all game.

Seems a bit unfair and loaded to make Ayoze seem a failure, no? If he needs to have exceptional numbers, but others do not, then I would suggest you may be judging  harshly or using the wrong numbers ? :dunno:

He is very skilful no doubt, and he does put himself about a bit, he was tagged teamed quite a bit yesterday, but still created opportunities.

3 hours ago, Goober said:

He'll be vital over the Christmas period with rotation and that. I like him a lot

Good lad

Perez is fine

I simply don’t think people really watch him enough. I’ve said physically he’s lightweight but he’s got a lot to his game that compensate for that. I’m glad we have him here at Leicester and pretty much always have been.

Rodgers sees him worth which at the end of the day is what matters 

5 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

...I thought the improvement in his contribution, stemmed from the change of format!!!

• 2 weeks later...